Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 08:38 AM

2,265 posts, read 4,095,787 times

Advertisements

When I was in Germany I will admit that the hairy females used to make me feel a bit queasy; especially when on the Strasse or U Bahn and a female would stand next to me (while I was seated) thus 'treating' me to the view of a hairy armpit on an upraised arm (holding on to the bar) as well as hairy legs encased in pantyhose (OMG).

The smell used to be quite unique and I would take a deep breath of fresh air when I would disembark. I would never be rude to anyone regarding their grooming choices but I prefer to be hairless (laser treatments). My hubby also prefers my body to be smooth (with the pubic area trimmed not bare- the very bare look freaks him out and makes him feel like a pervert) so it is nice that we agree on my grooming standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 02:37 PM

628 posts, read 2,036,563 times
body hair imho is gross. I shave daily--my husband probably doesn't really care either way but I just feel dirty with stubble.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:41 PM

31 posts, read 77,800 times
Personally I think veet is cheap and works quickly there is no reason to have "unshaven underarms".

Old 07-23-2009, 04:43 PM

32,757 posts, read 35,962,679 times
Really, as if it has anything to do with cleanliness. People seem more accepting of tattoos, piercings, clown colored hair and plastic surgery than a little body hair. I think that if guys were expected to shave half of their bodies every 24 to 48 hours, razors would be banned.

shaving: "I mean, the desired effect seems to be that a woman should look like she is prepubescent -- that is, like an 8 year old. Except that she must have big boobs, so the image would be lactating child. How weird is that?!"

What's Up, Down or Done: June 2008

Armpit Hair Isn't Only For the French | tripcrazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
My wife's German and doesn't shave her underarms and legs in the Winter. She bathes every day so it doesn't smell or otherwise pose a problem. I rather like it. And I'm happy that it's one less inconvenience she has to deal with. I came to like unshaven underarms while I was stationed in Germany and the first day I met my wife, she was wearing a sleeveless dress. I knew right away that she was the one!

Old 07-23-2009, 04:51 PM

1,306 posts, read 3,105,078 times
It's just hair. It's not gross or wrong. We're just conditioned by society to think so.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:01 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,258,010 times
I'm not at all bothered by the sight of hair. I do think it's damned uncomfortable to have stubble and such, though.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:12 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,860,346 times
No, to me it's nasty. Every woman should shave under their armpits. Not everyday, no, but every other day is good.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:14 AM

Well, hair on your head, eyebrows, and on top of your arms is great. But anywhere else, ladies, you need to shave. No if's, and's, or but's!!!

Old 07-24-2009, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm not at all bothered by the sight of hair. I do think it's damned uncomfortable to have stubble and such, though.

Yeah, I hate stubble too. I shave my legs every morning and my pits every other day though.

The days I don't shave under my arm, I just wear something with sleeves that doesn't show it (short sleeve something). And when the days I do shave it, then I wear my sleeveless stuff. It gets too irritated if I shave every single day though.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:02 PM

132 posts, read 223,224 times
Oh gezzz That is sooo gross.. I hate hair i couldnt go without shaving under my arms or anywere eles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty