Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 09:42 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times

Advertisements

I agree, lady's "dusting" powder is a thing of the past. Used to be, it was in every drugstore, and especially at Christmas.

Deodorant has taken over instead.

You just never see powder anymore, ever, except in the men's Gold Bond Medicated Powder, basically for male skin yeast infections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 11:29 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I agree, lady's "dusting" powder is a thing of the past. Used to be, it was in every drugstore, and especially at Christmas.

Deodorant has taken over instead.

You just never see powder anymore, ever, except in the men's Gold Bond Medicated Powder, basically for male skin yeast infections.
Agree. It's dead

Old 05-21-2019, 05:43 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I can't believe this item which was a staple for every mother and grandmother for generations is so hard to find. DH looked at 2 targets and 2 walmarts and called several Ulta without success. The $1.99 on amazon (Diana) had terrible reviews. We will order from the Vermont Country Story- how could I have forgotten that wonderful source- tonight. Also going to get White Shoulders Dusting powder from them too.

So tell me younger women---Do people not use body powder anymore? It would seem so since it is so hard to find.
Apparently they don't. I have been using body powder since I was in my late teens and still do since I live in a hot, humid climate. I just like the way it makes a just showered body feel less moist. If I'm wearing a closed shoe with no stockings/pantyhose I put in a little in the shoe so my feet feel more comfortable also. I've been looking for a large body puff myself since mine is old and I've washed it so often that it's falling apart so thanks for the suggestions.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:42 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Well this thread made me go on ebay and I found and purchased a completely full beautiful red container of vintage Maja Spanish powder with big fluffy puff! All for $8.00! I really only wanted a puff but I got all the rest for the same price! Very pleased, as I live in a hot humid area and like powder for underarms and under breasts.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:00 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Well this thread made me go on ebay and I found and purchased a completely full beautiful red container of vintage Maja Spanish powder with big fluffy puff! All for $8.00! I really only wanted a puff but I got all the rest for the same price! Very pleased, as I live in a hot humid area and like powder for underarms and under breasts.
I just went to Amazon and bought some Guerlain Shalimar and White Shoulders Dusting Powders.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:07 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I can't find one on line and i can't find a big enough one in the old fashioned boxes of body powder. With hot weather already here both my husband and I slather on tr he baby powdeand we need big puffs so it doesn't end up all over the floor.
Many thanks.
I do not know what body powder is, what you do with it and what the purpose it and ... doesn't it fall right off your skin?? You put powder all over your body underneath the clothes? Huh?

Baby powder is white, no?

Do you put moisturizer underneath so the powder sticks and doesn't fall off? I am really lost.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:10 AM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I do not know what body powder is, what you do with it and what the purpose it and ... doesn't it fall right off your skin?? You put powder all over your body underneath the clothes? Huh?

Baby powder is white, no?

Do you put moisturizer underneath so the powder sticks and doesn't fall off? I am really lost.
For your information

https://www.lushusa.com/story?cid=ar...-yourself-soft

https://cosmeticsinfo.org/products/d...r-body-powders

https://oureverydaylife.com/differen...-12604223.html

Old 05-24-2019, 10:21 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I think I will order some! Never heard of it but I am intrigued.

Old 05-28-2019, 04:27 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Please be careful of using fine powders anywhere on your body..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty