Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 06:35 AM

2,631 posts, read 4,046,804 times

Advertisements

I like quite a few fragrances these days, but Angel is a longtime favorite. I also like Rose or floral fragrances, like Rosamor or Rose Essentielle, and aquatic/fresh scents, like Shi and Blv II. My least favorite fragrances are generally sickly sweet, musky, or somewhat soapy. I don't understand the appeal of most Chanel fragrances, though I like Coco and Chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 07:01 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,721,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I wasn't expecting that Beyonce one "heat" to smell so damn good! wow!

See now I have 'heat rush' but not heat...and heat rush smells like an jellybean scented perfume I used to wear when I was a preteen.

What's heat smell like?

Old 05-18-2012, 07:06 PM

228 posts, read 421,478 times
Safari by Ralph Lauren. It is strong when it comes directly out of the bottle, but let it settle for a few minutes and it is incredible! I have been wearing it for almost 15 years, and I get compliments on it all of the time. I can't think of any perfumes I don't like because I don't need anything other than Safari.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:09 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
See now I have 'heat rush' but not heat...and heat rush smells like an jellybean scented perfume I used to wear when I was a preteen.

What's heat smell like?

OMG "Heat" doesn't smell like preteen anything! It almost has a peach/almond type smell, I'm telling you it's good!...sorry I am not good at describing fragrance smell. I have never heard of "heat rush."

Old 05-20-2012, 02:18 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,734,688 times
Some of my loves:

Guerlain Shalimar & L'Heure Bleue (can't choose one over the other!)
L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore
Serge Lutens Cedre
Dior Dolce Vita
Donna Karan Chaos
Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum
Carner Barcelona Tardes

...and many, many more. These are just several that pop to mind immediately. I can appreciate most different genres of perfume, as I see them not as "likes" vs. "dislikes," but suited to different moods, weather, seasons, or activities. I only had one major scrubber, and that was Thierry Mugler Womanity. It smelled a bit fishy.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:22 PM

26,773 posts, read 22,518,410 times
I like Amarige, Opium, Cartier, Karl Lagerfeld.

I don't like White Diamonds, Red Door, Obsession, Giorgio, anything Elizabeth Taylor or Arden + anything that smells like food.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:22 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,721,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riotsquirrelz View Post
Safari by Ralph Lauren. It is strong when it comes directly out of the bottle, but let it settle for a few minutes and it is incredible! I have been wearing it for almost 15 years, and I get compliments on it all of the time. I can't think of any perfumes I don't like because I don't need anything other than Safari.

What does Safari smell like? Is there a perfume similar in smell?

Old 05-20-2012, 10:08 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,086 times
LOVE
Philosophy Falling In Love
Philosophy Baby Grace
Coach Poppy
Vivara Variazioni Acqua 330
Oils-Rose, Vanilla, Lavender, Lily of the Valley, Pumpkin (for fall)

HATE
Victorias Secret Angels
Anything that smells like a Cucumber/Melon mixture
The smell of baby powder

Old 06-01-2012, 06:09 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,552,822 times
My personal favourites

Coco Mademoiselle
Bvlgari Blv II
Miss Dior
Bvlgari Rose Essentielle
YSL Parisienne
Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline
Estée Lauder Pure White Linen
Narciso Rodriguez For Her

Some dislikes

Nearly anything by Cacharel
Nearly anything by Victoria's Secret
Nearly anything by Paco Rabanne

Old 06-02-2012, 05:30 PM

221 posts, read 282,788 times
I like simple scents that come in forms such as cream perfume or body spritzers: lavendar oil, peppermint oil, vanilla absolute. I generally dislike all other perfumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty