Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 09:35 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
A "no makeup day" is the typical day of a mid western woman isnt it?

This is something that will NEVER catch on. NEVER. Women want to look good. Men want women to look good. Women are not going to want to go for such ridiculousness. Well, maybe the unattractive women who are jealous of the attractive women maybe, but I dont ever EVER see this as something that will catch on, except for maybe the patchouli new age sorceress type women, but they already live their daily lives like that.
The attractive women wouldn't need the makeup but the unattractve would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 09:41 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
I have to admit that I honestly wouldn't know how to wear make-up if I wanted to. Sometimes I'd get an Avon catalog at work and it always baffled me just how much cr*p exists to pile on one's face.

here ya go.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:41 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,722,203 times
Quote:
I have to admit that I honestly wouldn't know how to wear make-up if I wanted to. Sometimes I'd get an Avon catalog at work and it always baffled me just how much cr*p exists to pile on one's face. Why is there eyeshadow and eyeliner and eye gel and mascara and dark circle cover-up and crow's feet tightener...and that's just for one tiny area of the face. And then you get into dark spot cover-up and lightener and foundation and blush...you need some kind of chart for what goes on first.
Thanks for the chuckle....a chart to know what goes on first. LOL

Or hey, you could just go with a plain old "foundation", a little blush, draw on your eyeliner pencil and eye shadow and call it good. No matter what, I never, ever got into all that other mumbo jumbo. It's 5 min max and I'm outta there!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:43 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,722,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post

here ya go.
OMG!!!!!!! Is that an aged Tammy Faye Baker!?

Old 05-18-2012, 04:56 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,048,201 times
I'd prefer a light make-up day rather than no make-up (unless I'm digging in the garden or cleaning). I really like not wearing foundation....just mascara, a little bronzer, a little lipstick - let my skin breathe.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:06 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
My skin isn't oily at all...I'm just one of those people who freak out over, say, a tag on a shirt and have to cut it out. Otherwise I go all day thinking 'It's touching me' until I find some scissors. I'm the same with lotion...I can tolerate it for about a minute before I have to wash it off. I'll have to try some more brands though...if it absorbs fast I might be able to handle it.
Have you tried any light oil blends? I prefer to use straight coconut oil as a "lotion", but my sister mixes it with a bit of sweet almond oil and uses that.

Quote:
Why is there eyeshadow and eyeliner and eye gel and mascara and dark circle cover-up and crow's feet tightener...and that's just for one tiny area of the face. And then you get into dark spot cover-up and lightener and foundation and blush...you need some kind of chart for what goes on first.
eyeshadow is for the color, eyeliner is to line and define the eye (think pop!), eye gel dunno, mascara brings out your lashes to frame your eyes, dark circle is pretty obvious, crow's feet tightner again obvious, but IMO not needed if you have a good facial care routine. As for the lightener, foundation, blush, powder, etc... I never use any of it. Blech.

I use a light/med neutral shade of brown for shadow with a lighter shade of cream/tan on the top part of my lid, then liner, and mascara and a clean lip gloss or balm, and that's it. And all that only if I feel I have to,lol.

Otherwise, I have a nude face.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:49 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Makeup isn't exactly "mandatory" for some of us, but it is a necessity if we want to enjoy the company of other human beings in public settings.

I have no eyebrows. I also have little strange burn scars on my face that look like zits, but never go away. I have very sparse eyelashes, and another scar near my chin makes my lower face look slightly askew, as if it were crooked.

Makeup corrects these things. Eyeliner gives my eyes depth that eyelashes normally give people. Eyebrow pencil gives a defined - well - eyebrow, over each eye, something most people don't even pay much attention to, unless the brow is completely missing, or especially unusual. Covering up the scar puts my lower face back into visual symmetry with the upper half, and a little foundation lightens the burn marks that look like zits.

I rarely wear lipstick, or even lip gloss. But I look rather freakish and disfigured and "off kilter" without any makeup on. I'm sure no one would take a job interview seriously if I had gone in without any; they probably would've been pushing the interview along hoping I'd go away fast and never bother them again.

I don't mind, I accept that this is how I look, and that I have to wear makeup before I leave the house. What I -do- mind, is people who are so quick to judge and assume that makeup should be a requirement for every woman, that women are not capable of looking perfectly presentable without it UNLESS there is something physically wrong with their face, or that we all only want to wear it to be pretty. I resent that attitude from either side. It shows the ugliness in humanity, beyond the physical.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:11 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
I see a movement too. It's called every day life. LOL.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:57 AM

1,306 posts, read 3,120,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I see a movement too. It's called every day life. LOL.
Right?! That 60 day project would be downright easy for me in the winter. I rarely wear makeup and don't bother to shave much when I'm in pants and sweaters. The only thing I'd really be giving up is tweezing my eyebrows.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:20 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
He said most girls he saw went to bed with a complete face full of makeup.
That's me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty