Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:41 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
I see all these young adults dressing with hoodies not unlike thugs and hoodlums. I would never let my grand children in my house wearing such trash. It shows immaturity and disrespect. Button up dress shirts and nice dress pants show that you care about how you look and shows respect to people you do business with. Jeans, hoodies, and t-shirts are for children.
This is one of the most presumptuous, arrogant, judgmental & ridiculous statements I've read on C-D.
Then again there's a lot of this going around lately- people who think they're the fashion police.

Coincidentally, I'm wearing my favorite hoodie today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 11:55 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,250 times
inthenameofgod is probably 98 years old or lives in some irrelevant city in wyoming and doesn't get out much.

some of the biggest corporations in the world aren't adhering to these pointless 'dress codes' anymore. ive been to the google campus in mountain view, everyone there is wearing jeans and sandals and t-shirts. these are some of the brightest minds in the country. its the same @ facebook hq. plus people now don't go around worrying about what people think about them anymore. i know i don't. just like old people like 'inthenameofgod' don't care that they're going 45 mph in the fast lane on the freeway, or that they're all wrinkled and disgust people with their loose skin.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:55 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
Quote:
I see all these young adults dressing with hoodies not unlike thugs and hoodlums. I would never let my grand children in my house wearing such trash. It shows immaturity and disrespect. Button up dress shirts and nice dress pants show that you care about how you look and shows respect to people you do business with. Jeans, hoodies, and t-shirts are for children.
You must be a troll. I can't possibly take this thread seriously.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:56 AM

1,895 posts, read 5,899,461 times
I guess it all depends on what type of business you are in. I live on an island, full of very decent "common folk" and commercial fisherman, where jeans, t-shirts and hooded sweatshirts are the norm FOR ALL AGES and have been for a few generations now... Show up on OUR doorsteps in a button-down shirt and dress slacks and we'll pretty much assume you're peddling something we don't want or need, whether it's your cleaning products or your religion.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:56 AM

865 posts, read 1,488,011 times
Quote:
If there is pleats in your dress pants, then I think it is a greater fashion faux pas then any hoodie....pleated dress pants look like crap on 90% of the population.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:57 AM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post

This is one of the most presumptuous, arrogant, judgmental & ridiculous statements I've read on C-D.
What do you expect from an overly conservative Amendment One pusher...

Old 05-22-2012, 12:15 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times
Default Ted Kaczynski wore a hoodie, therefore...

... hoodies are worn by criminals.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:20 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,250 times

trump card.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:26 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times
damn.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:28 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Wow, my 3 sons are 28, they wear hoodies, I am the father and much older, I wear a hoodie.

It is also winter here so it gets cold, a hoodie is a good for layering.

I can't imagine someone thinking that wearing a hoodie over a certian age is irresponsible and all the other dumb ass things that were said.

we have some real idiots here in this country that have serious hangups when it comes to fashion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty