Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 07:56 PM

526 posts, read 898,437 times

Advertisements

I'm 61..always have worn hooded jackets/sweatshirts. My terrible hair gets frizzy when damp, so I like a "hoody" to throw over it going from car/store in rain/humidity. Neck/ears get cold, too...hoody solves that. Kinda sorry they are a "fad", cuz I consider hoodies a necessity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
I see all these young adults dressing with hoodies not unlike thugs and hoodlums. I would never let my grand children in my house wearing such trash. It shows immaturity and disrespect. Button up dress shirts and nice dress pants show that you care about how you look and shows respect to people you do business with. Jeans, hoodies, and t-shirts are for children.
Hah, I teach at a school. We all wear zippered, hooded sweatshirts with our school's logo embroidered on them. We also have uniform issued t-shirts with our school logo. A very thuggish, immature, and disrespectful crew, we educators.

Get real.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,684,999 times
Quote:
I see all these young adults dressing with hoodies not unlike thugs and hoodlums. I would never let my grand children in my house wearing such trash. It shows immaturity and disrespect. Button up dress shirts and nice dress pants show that you care about how you look and shows respect to people you do business with. Jeans, hoodies, and t-shirts are for children.
tell that to mark zuckerberg

Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,397,450 times
I own like...5 hoodies and I'm over 25. Shoot me!

Old 05-22-2012, 09:09 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,650,295 times
I have a really pretty (to me anyway) aqua terrycloth hoodie that I wear when it's chilly out. I live in a cold climate and don't like to freeze. My winter coat is long, down filled, and has a hood too.
It's not about fashion, it's about being practical.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:16 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,831,270 times
Quote:
Attached Thumbnails
If you wear a hoodie and older than 25 you are immature and probably irresponsible.-hoodie.jpg  

Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
I live where it gets cold. I like to layer. That includes hooded sweatshirts. I do not find it irresponsible, immature or disrespectful to myself to stay warm.

In the Name of God, huh...really.

Go check that Bible again...read the part about not judging others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Troll lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo!!

Trololo... The Full Original Version. - YouTube

Old 05-22-2012, 10:24 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,135,794 times
Meh...the OP's screen name says it all.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
I see people like worker wearing hoodie all the time. My human defnese reaction of profiling does not kick in. But when I see a young man ;look the part otherwise and acting the part ;I see danger. We all profile and the Hoddie is just one measure. The thugs have always known now to dress the part thru time.Only a person inpersonating a thug would fit the entire bill tho. I think they have self image problems in those case where the do but they aren't.Most are not going to waiit to see if that thing in the woods that loos like a waolf is confrimed as a wolf.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:28 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,627,221 times
I wear hoodies everywhere, to graduations, funerals, church, etc. I am a conservative woman, but I don't believe that clothes make the man or woman. Clothes are just supposed to keep you warm. The frills such as buttons and other assorted tomfoolery are just extras. Collared shirts and khakis or dress pants just make someone look pretentious and stodgy. As long as you're warm, nothing else should matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty