Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 07:14 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
Jajoba oil or coconut oil. Neither have been tested on animals and leave the skin youthful and soft. Works head to toe.
Actually, both jojoba and coconut oil have been tested on animals for safety. Both have LD50 levels, which means they were tested on mice to determine how much product does it take to kill half the animals in the experiment.

The term "cruelty-free" is a misnomer, it's marketing jargon, nothing more. It means *that company* hasn't tested the ingredients on animals. It does NOT mean that those ingredients have never been animal tested.

On-topic: I see I posted in 2012, my tastes have changed since then.

I'm using Smashbox foundation these days, and I've gone back to my old favorite Clarins cleansing milk daily, and Origins face cleanser in the shower (I only shower every couple of days). I use either Benefit triple-sunscreen moisturizer during most days, and Origins night moisturizer with Origins eye cream.

My eye shadows are all over the place - I buy what's cheap and pretty. Got an awesome peacock blue from Kiko for like $1.99 or something ridiculous, and it came with a free mascara because the store had their grand opening that day. Got a trio of smokey colors from some no-name brand for $1.00 from CVS.

Eyeliners are also all over the place.

My one and only go-to eyebrow pencil is Wet & Wild in taupe. It's the exact color and consistency I need, and it's only $1.00.

For blush I like bare minerals Warmth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 02:11 AM

151 posts, read 162,165 times
Favorite makeup: Covergirl (though I prefer L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara when it comes to mascara).

Favorite skin care brand: Noxzema (since I was 16 & still works great for me).

Old 02-06-2016, 03:16 AM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeArizonaBabe View Post
Favorite makeup: Covergirl (though I prefer L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara when it comes to mascara).

Favorite skin care brand: Noxzema (since I was 16 & still works great for me).
Me too. Used it as a teenager for cleansing. And it's still the only thing I can use for any kind of cleansing and moisturizing now. Everything else is too oily, greasy, whatever. The second best thing I've liked is Oil of Olay, but that's still too much.

Besides, the way it smells reminds me of summer and the beach (sunburn).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty