Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 01:28 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,705,549 times

Advertisements

I like crazy nails on other people. Its just like everyday art and a little pop of surprise color in your day. I can not get away with long nails. Its just not flattering as my fingers are long enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 01:36 PM

10,606 posts, read 12,108,090 times
Quote:
My nails stay closer to this length, maybe a touch longer. Long enough to do things that nails are good for, but short enough to not get in the way.
This is the length )third pic) I like for me too. In the first picture they're a little too long. I also agree with your assessment on the second pic. Too long. But I've seen even longer on people I'd perceive to be lower-class. NOT a good lok, especially when you get into crazy designs and multi-color finishes.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,480 times
i play guitar and also i am on the computer a lot and the long nails on the computer is very hard to do and to get used to.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:13 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,144,817 times
My nails naturally grow quickly. My normal, natural nail length is the "long but pretty" picture that was posted. As a teenager, my natural nails were even longer than the "too long" picture, as in, my ring and pointer finger nail lengths went past my middle finger. I liked the fact that I could grow them longer than anyone else could naturally. You find ways around the length, like hitting buttons with your knuckle. That length is no longer practical for me.

For me, the picture showing the shortest nail length is way too short for me. My nails only get that length if I break a nail. I find it awkward.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:48 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,234,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Do you like long nails?
On other women, yes -- but I have short fingers with flat wide nails that fan out.... if I try to go for a long oval shape they look goofy because I have to file in so deep at the sides. So a shorter squared off (squoval) is better for me.

Which really works since my fingernails are also inheritedly thin and bendy. My sisters and I have our father's thin and bendy nails. Nothing helps.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:16 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,563,658 times
I dont have long nails never did. I have nails that are very brittle. I like medium long nails real ones.

I dont like to see women picking dirt out of them with another nail nasty!

Old 05-25-2012, 12:25 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,623,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Ah, such relative terms, this thread demands pictures!

These nails are long and still pretty, but longer than I could probably stand mine to be as mine break and flake too easily and I am a recovering nail-biter.

These nails are too long to me. Ignoring the particular paint job they've got, this is broaching a point that screams trailer trash to me. There's a very narrow range of nail length between stubby and trashy. Odd that something so miniscule can make such a difference in how you're perceived.

My nails stay closer to this length, maybe a touch longer. Long enough to do things that nails are good for, but short enough to not get in the way.
I prefer mine to stay between the 1st and 3rd in length. The 2nd is too long and ghetto for me, blech!

Old 05-25-2012, 06:57 PM

15,138 posts, read 27,747,332 times
I have really short nail beds so my nails actually are much longer than they appear w/polish. I just cut them (they had been too long) - generally, they extend about 1/3" - 1/2" past my finger tips.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:25 PM

184 posts, read 702,602 times
my nails get up to 1/4" before i start trimming them. at that length, they start affecting my typing, which is the only time they interfere with anything. i don't take good care of them. no manicures, no files, polish is a once-every-five-years sort of thing. i shape them a little [rounded] with clippers, but mostly, i ignore them. i don't baby them at all and i certainly don't cry over broken nails. i work with horses, caring that much about how pretty my nails are is just pointless.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:34 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,845,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Ah, such relative terms, this thread demands pictures!

These nails are long and still pretty, but longer than I could probably stand mine to be as mine break and flake too easily and I am a recovering nail-biter.

These nails are too long to me. Ignoring the particular paint job they've got, this is broaching a point that screams trailer trash to me. There's a very narrow range of nail length between stubby and trashy. Odd that something so miniscule can make such a difference in how you're perceived.

Mine are usually between 1 and 3. Until they break. :P Then I usually just cut them to the same length of the broken one. Unless it breaks at an inconvenient time.

Any longer than 1 is just too annoying. Usually when I get to 1, I think "time for a trim."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty