Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 08:05 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times

Advertisements

so stupid. More attention seeking from them as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 08:45 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
so stupid. More attention seeking from them as usual.
ditto!

Old 06-11-2012, 07:26 AM

19,713 posts, read 20,244,680 times
I hate the mall, but Go Macy's!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2012, 06:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Nike has joined in selling 'Pride Shoes'
-New York old-skool hi-tops featuring a grey "Stonewall" color and a rainbow sole. - Portland with its bold rainbow mesh and a stormy grey reminiscent of the city's rainy weather.
- San Francisco fly-tops in shiny S&M leather black, perfect with a harness and a riding crop.

The only catch is that you have to visit a Nike store in each city to purchase each shoe.

read more Gay.net - Nike Makes Sports And Shoes As Gay As You

I like NY Shoe if only the top had some color and SF are cool looking.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:52 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
I dont see anything wrong with it. My only question is, how would the gay community feel if big chain dept stores started selling "heterosexual and proud" T-shirts?

Old 06-22-2012, 12:02 PM

I never understood the whole gay pride thing. If you're gay just be gay. Good for you. Why wear it on your sleeve and push it in everyones face? I dont see vegans wearing "proud to be vegan" t-shirts and/or becoming defensive with those who dont have the same views. You dont eat meat? Good for you. Gays claim all that they want is equality, yet they have seperate sets of rules that protect them. How is this equality? If a gay guy attacks me and calls me heterosexual, its not a hate crime. Yet it is if I slap him across his face and call him a f*g?

Old 06-22-2012, 02:11 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,623,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I never understood the whole gay pride thing. If you're gay just be gay. Good for you. Why wear it on your sleeve and push it in everyones face? I dont see vegans wearing "proud to be vegan" t-shirts and/or becoming defensive with those who dont have the same views. You dont eat meat? Good for you. Gays claim all that they want is equality, yet they have seperate sets of rules that protect them. How is this equality? If a gay guy attacks me and calls me heterosexual, its not a hate crime. Yet it is if I slap him across his face and call him a f*g?
I think it has to do with the fact that for many decades gay's & lesbian's had to hide their orientation from the public & their families.... it was something shameful & illicit. Also, i think it's an offshoot of minority pride movements which seeks to coalesce their members around issues affecting their communities. I didn't really understand this until I read an editorial on a political blogsite which explained how homosexuals today are widely dispersed throughout socioeconomic strata in the US and don't really encounter discrimination & bias on a daily basis. So it takes events & organization to make them aware & activate their political consciousness. Pride is as much for them as it is for us.

But concerning apparel retailers, has anyone heard that Urban Outfitters (which caters to a liberal hipster college demographic) is owned & headed by a right-wing conservative who champions family values causes & gives money to Republican candidates? How ironic & devious is that? lol

Old 06-22-2012, 03:01 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,903 times
Quote:
Was this a recent event that happened? Or is this just a conjecture?

Old 06-22-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Was this a recent event that happened? Or is this just a conjecture?
Not a conjecture what so ever. It is a fact! If I get into a physical altercation with a gay man and use derogetory words pertaining to his sexual preference, I would get charged with a hate crime. On the flipside, there is no special laws protecting hetorsexuals from the same actions.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:42 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,903 times
Quote:
Not a conjecture what so ever. It is a fact! If I get into a physical altercation with a gay man and use derogetory words pertaining to his sexual preference, I would get charged with a hate crime. On the flipside, there is no special laws protecting hetorsexuals from the same actions.
It's a conjecture until you can prove something like this happened. I don't recall any news that gay people are assaulting straight people for being straight. Also one incident does not a substantiated generalization make but please, cite them.

Also one has to be completely oblivious and ignorant to the world around them to not understand why certain laws are created.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty