Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 11:22 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times

Advertisements

What do you think of women who put fashion before comfort? It's there choice, but I have a theory: the tighter the jeans, the more uptight the woman. I know, it's ridiculous, but women who tend to make a huge deal about 'dressing up' and looking good often in my experience have the proverbial stick up the backside.

Maybe they base way too much value on looks and judge others accordingly, maybe tight jeans cut off the blood circulation to their brain. Also high heels is BOUND to put anyone in a grumpy mood. Think about it, people!

I've found gals who dress more casual tend to be more easy-going in general. Like a typical 90s chick or a hippie chick, for instance. As long as they're not too militantly PC haha.

For those fashionistas who want to challenge me, bring it on lol.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:43 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Your reaction sounds like you just do something to turn these people off and you get the bad side of them. A-holes wear all styles. The sloppy dresser is just more likely to be passive aggressive or PC about expressing themselves. Go sit in a nice suit next to little miss granola and you will see her bad side, trust me.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,035,624 times
I really don't care what others think so I wear what makes ME happy and comfortable. I buy only cotton clothing (casual) because I live in one of the hottest states and can't stand to sweat.

I don't think I look sloppy and I'm not a hippy, but I'm also not a person that has their nose up in the air who thinks if they dress a certain way they are better than others. They aren't. It is who you are INSIDE, not OUTSIDE that makes you a good person.

That's just a personal comment and doesn't represent anyone else.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:58 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post
I really don't care what others think so I wear what makes ME happy and comfortable. I buy only cotton clothing (casual) because I live in one of the hottest states and can't stand to sweat.

I don't think I look sloppy and I'm not a hippy, but I'm also not a person that has their nose up in the air who thinks if they dress a certain way they are better than others. They aren't. It is who you are INSIDE, not OUTSIDE that makes you a good person.

That's just a personal comment and doesn't represent anyone else.

Thats groovy man.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What do you think of women who put fashion before comfort? It's there choice, but I have a theory: the tighter the jeans, the more uptight the woman. I know, it's ridiculous, but women who tend to make a huge deal about 'dressing up' and looking good often in my experience have the proverbial stick up the backside.

Maybe they base way too much value on looks and judge others accordingly, maybe tight jeans cut off the blood circulation to their brain. Also high heels is BOUND to put anyone in a grumpy mood. Think about it, people!

I've found gals who dress more casual tend to be more easy-going in general. Like a typical 90s chick or a hippie chick, for instance. As long as they're not too militantly PC haha.

You're right, that is ridiculous. Especially since the tightest jeans are worn by hipsters (not exactly an uptight crowd) while the prissiest, most judgemental sorority girls I've ever met were the ones who rolled their eyes at anyone who goes to class in something more structured than nike shorts and an oversized t shirt.

I see what you're getting at, but I think it's pretty complete B.S. A woman's personality and demeanor cannot be defined from her choice in clothing.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:36 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:

I would, but I'm too busy shopping for high heels and skinny jeans.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
I've never made any connections between jean tightness and uptightness in personality. Heck, some of my favorite jeans are tight-fitting, and I consider myself to be one of the most laid-back and nicest people around!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:22 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I would, but I'm too busy shopping for high heels and skinny jeans.
LOL

Yeah this is a pretty silly thread...

Old 06-06-2012, 10:17 AM

699 posts, read 2,219,216 times
Quote:
oh yeah, brother, we are ALL the same

why don't you stop generalizing about the sexes? i could start multiple threads about the stupid sh*t
that men wear and do, and ask if everyone feels the same way.

but i won't, because they are not ALL the same.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:29 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
LOL

Yeah this is a pretty silly thread...
A pretty hostile thread to women, if you ask me.

Women can't win. Some guys start threads about how they don't like women who don't go the whole nine yards and have perfect make-up and dress to attract me, they hate the relaxed, comfortable-clothes types. Another crank starts a thread on how women should relax and dress like hippies. These are pointless discussions. Have women EVER told men how to dress on C-D, unless the men were actively soliciting advice? It seems like it's the OP who need to chill out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty