Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 06:05 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I never understood this. For example....This morning I'm riding the subway on my way to work, and this woman wearing a REALLY short skirt sits right next to me and across from a middle aged man. The man took notice of her revealing outfit but wasnt over the top with the staring. She gave him a dirty look and said "can I help you with something???" then proceeding to talk under her breath about how men are so disrespectful and nasty! In my mind I'm saying to myself..."If you have a problem with men admiring your skimpy outfit and revealing body, how about you just NOT wear that, and if you just like dressing that way, then dont complain if men look.

How about the women who wear low cut jeans and pull their shirts down every 7 seconds as they are walking while looking back to see who's behind them staring at the crack of their a**. First of all, If I have to adjust my attire every 15 steps, I shouldnt be wearing it. Secondly, if i purposely buy low cut jeans, then I shouldnt be worrying about who can see a part of my body that I'm purposely trying to reveal! I've even seen one woman complain that a man was staring at her feet. WTF???? . Lady, if you have a problem with a man staring at your feet, then you shouldnt be wearing shoes/sandals/flip flops that expose them. What's up with these women???
- Its creepy when someone old enough to be your dad stares at you for whatever you are wearing.

- if you treat women a certain way don't whine like a baby that they dished out the rude right back to you

- agree if you have to adjust your attire every 15 minutes you shouldnt be wearing it

- and if anyone stares at you and you don't like it you have every right to tell them to stick it up the arse no matter what you have on.

Really its a game of alpha beta. Men don't like to be put in their place by a female they are objectifying. Those snappy tarts just sent you back to the beta hole you crawled out from. Deal with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I never said that women - or men, though it's not generally the men that have this little problem - shouldn't wear sexy outfits. I think most women wear pretty darn sexy outfits.

One doesn't have to be showing underwear, or have one's hem 1 mm from the chichi, or be showing 98% of the body, in order to look sexy, attract a man, etc. It's pretty damned sad if someone thinks that's the only way she can get people's attention.

There's a difference between a sexy outfit, and an outfit which proclaims she ain't got nuthin' else to offer but her naked body, and no man will pay attention to her unless she's half naked.

And no one dressing inappropriately has to ask, "Is THIS inappropriate?" They might pretend not to know it, but they know it.

Oh, and no, staring is not rape.
So you're going to continue avoiding my request? I can't say I've ever seen a woman walking down the street naked, so that's not a valid example.

Show me an outfit that you think it's totally understandable that a man might leer at. Show me an outfit that you'd see on a woman walking down the street that gets cat calls that she shouldn't get upset about because, come on, she's clearly putting on a display. She can't possibly just like the clothes she's wearing, she must want crude, rude attention. Show me an outfit that you've seen around town that proclaims "I've got nothing but my naked body to offer".

I never said staring was rape. In fact I think I specifically mentioned that they are quite different, but that the reasoning you and the OP are using to justify why a man might sexually stare at a woman is the exact same reasoning rapists use to justify their actions.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:55 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,791,562 times
Mr. Chapel said it best. Point in Case! Dressed like a Police Officer...too funny! Watch in its entirety

Dave Chapelle on how women dress. - YouTube

Old 06-11-2012, 07:41 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who dresses like that for the office?! What part of the country was this in, what era? I've never seen American women dress like that at all, anywhere, let alone at the office. Now for young Russian women, that type of skirt is a uniform.

There is such a thing as taste. If a woman wants to attract the attention of an intelligent, classy guy, she dresses stylishly but tastefully. That should be obvious, but I guess it isn't.

Oleg is definitely on the right track!
mid-1990s, New York City, One World Trade Center, as a matter of fact.

She didn't last long. Not so much because of how she dressed, but how she came in late all the time and would go sleep on the couch in the ladies room because she was so hung over from the night before.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:48 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
In a perfect world, a woman would be able to walk down the street naked if she so chooses, without worrying about eye-raping or any other sort of rape.

Men need to be able to control themselves. This is the principle that the West adopts and believes in. In Muslim countries, it is the woman's duty to control the men by covering themselves.

Men have absolutely no responsibility for their own reactions.

Is this what we want to see in our free western world?

And btw.........IT IS RUDE TO STARE.

No matter what your staring at. If you saw some poor person with half a face you'd manage to look away, but not a bit of boobage?

Come on.....grow up.

Nah, I'd probably stare. Today I saw a guy in a wheelchair begging. Big smile, seemed very personable. Was right near Times Square, it was packed with tourists, and he was probably making a killing. What I stared at was the stump of his right arm, which seemed to end right around where his elbow should have been, and his change cup was balanced on it.

It was an "I Love New York" moment.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:19 PM

49 posts, read 28,966 times
You can only stare at women if you are very good looking guy yourself, if not then you will be labeled a creep, weirdo, sexual predator. So unless you have women falling all over I'd advise you to keep your eyes to yourself.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:29 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Well, staring while saying nothing is not that friendly. Better to look and say, "Hi, how are you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post
You can only stare at women if you are very good looking guy yourself, if not then you will be labeled a creep, weirdo, sexual predator. So unless you have women falling all over I'd advise you to keep your eyes to yourself.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:48 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
They want the men they are attracted to stare at them.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:49 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post
He can be the standard good looking man but that does not mean she will find him attractive.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:54 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
That applies to everyone. Would you like a woman you are REALLY not at all attracted to at all, to be staring at you lovingly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
They want the men they are attracted to stare at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty