Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 11:56 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

This comic reminds me of this thread topic: Natalie Dee: "America's Favorite Cracker"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 12:10 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
I don't know any women who do this... Most who dress very revealing seem pleased to get attention, and those who don't want it don't do it.

I think those who complain probably want attention, but they have to pretend to be offended since you're not "supposed" to want such attention (or you're a "sl*t" or whatever).

Old 06-24-2012, 12:42 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I never understood this. For example....This morning I'm riding the subway on my way to work, and this woman wearing a REALLY short skirt sits right next to me and across from a middle aged man. The man took notice of her revealing outfit but wasnt over the top with the staring. She gave him a dirty look and said "can I help you with something???" then proceeding to talk under her breath about how men are so disrespectful and nasty! In my mind I'm saying to myself..."If you have a problem with men admiring your skimpy outfit and revealing body, how about you just NOT wear that, and if you just like dressing that way, then dont complain if men look.

How about the women who wear low cut jeans and pull their shirts down every 7 seconds as they are walking while looking back to see who's behind them staring at the crack of their a**. First of all, If I have to adjust my attire every 15 steps, I shouldnt be wearing it. Secondly, if i purposely buy low cut jeans, then I shouldnt be worrying about who can see a part of my body that I'm purposely trying to reveal! I've even seen one woman complain that a man was staring at her feet. WTF???? . Lady, if you have a problem with a man staring at your feet, then you shouldnt be wearing shoes/sandals/flip flops that expose them. What's up with these women???
The new thing are those REALLY SHORT shorts or sweat pants material shorts. Good God, how could they think we weren't going to look at that. Not if you are straight anyway. Foaming at the mouth is more like it. I've even seen 95 year old men look! LMAO What the hell do you expect? It happens, you should deal with it. The flip side of the coin could be all the guys go "eeewwww" when you come around like the obese redhead full of freckles and cottage cheese popping out even though it's fully covered. Can I buy you another Big Mac dear? Yikes!! Take it as a compliment and get on with your life.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:49 AM

455 posts, read 651,867 times
They are called teasers. Don't take them to seriously!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:30 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
I have to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
The new thing are those REALLY SHORT shorts or sweat pants material shorts. Good God, how could they think we weren't going to look at that. Not if you are straight anyway. Foaming at the mouth is more like it. I've even seen 95 year old men look! LMAO What the hell do you expect? It happens, you should deal with it. The flip side of the coin could be all the guys go "eeewwww" when you come around like the obese redhead full of freckles and cottage cheese popping out even though it's fully covered. Can I buy you another Big Mac dear? Yikes!! Take it as a compliment and get on with your life.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:36 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Agreed. Women should make up their minds whether they want to be respected as fellow human beings, or ogled as sexual objects (and where they want each sort of treatment to come from).

Old 06-25-2012, 07:43 AM

I agree with that too. I like being taken at my word, so I dress accordingly.

Why would I want to place the focus on my chest, etc. when what I really, really want to get across is my personality, ideas? After all, people know anyway that I have private parts. I don't need to show them. They can pretty much figure it out lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Agreed. Women should make up their minds whether they want to be respected as fellow human beings, or ogled as sexual objects (and where they want each sort of treatment to come from).

Old 06-25-2012, 08:31 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post

And what the hell do YOU expect? Should she just take your blatant stares? Bend over to really give you a show?

I'm not disgusted by the fact that men like you like to stare at legs in short shorts, it's this attitude that she deserves it and should just take what's coming to her without complaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Indeed, there's absolutely no middle ground. Every woman must choose either her sexuality or her intelligence and not try to express herself as anything more than a set of homogeneous characteristics. Because that's what it means to treat women as "fellow human beings", emphasis on the "fellow" part because clearly men have humanity down pat. Y'all are certified experts on it, in fact.

I'm holding out the glimmer of hope that you were being facetious, Vic.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:01 AM

Well, why doesn't she wear something that doesn't function like a neon sign blaring: "LOOK HERE! LOOK HERE! CHECK OUT MY ______!" Are there no other clothes out there? Does she have no money? (By the way, Goodwill has great sales on Monday - I know someone that gets tops and dresses for $3, $4, and $5).

As I said before, if I feel like wearing a horned viking helmet with breastplates out on the street (and that would only happen if I wanted to be stared at), I cannot possibly expect people not to stare, so I'd better be prepared for stares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
And what the hell do YOU expect? Should she just take your blatant stares? Bend over to really give you a show?

Old 06-25-2012, 10:43 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Well, why doesn't she wear something that doesn't function like a neon sign blaring: "LOOK HERE! LOOK HERE! CHECK OUT MY ______!" Are there no other clothes out there? Does she have no money? (By the way, Goodwill has great sales on Monday - I know someone that gets tops and dresses for $3, $4, and $5).

As I said before, if I feel like wearing a horned viking helmet with breastplates out on the street (and that would only happen if I wanted to be stared at), I cannot possibly expect people not to stare, so I'd better be prepared for stares.
You're using hyperbole to skew the situation and put the fault on the woman. We're not talking about women wearing viking gear or neon signs on their butts, we're talking about things like miniskirts or low rise jeans.

This is why I kept asking for an example before. How covered does a woman have to be before she's allowed to be upset by men ogling her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty