Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 04:39 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times

Advertisements

What about men revealing and complain that women stare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 05:17 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
What about men revealing and complain that women stare?
I've never heard about guys complaining. Maybe they get a bit nervous when some men stare, though.

There's always the Naked Cowboy, walking around the streets of New York.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:56 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Apparently you were just looking for an excuse to talk about yourself and how much you know about fashion. This really has nothing to do with the topic.
All I have are years behind me and stories....and I guess some have educations......No I don't know much about fashion...but I do know one thing- that some know what good fabric is- what classy conservative clothing is- while other wear stuff made out of plastic...Let me look at the thread title one more time to see if I am in the right place...
YEP...something to do about woman who dress in a classless manner and wonder why men think they are selling something...and how they stare at the person because they dress like they are ....woman who have nothing to offer other than being female...So the type of guys that stare at them.....are exactly what they want to attract- so why complain. Be careful what you wish for....

Old 06-29-2012, 06:19 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I've never heard about guys complaining. Maybe they get a bit nervous when some men stare, though.

There's always the Naked Cowboy, walking around the streets of New York.
Most of us don't complain. We just like to be ready for it. Like making sure the boxers that show are newer ones that sort of match. The same way about a hole in your crotch or something. A ripped pair when you left the house might show (some) of it. After about lunch time and a few bends and crawling around in the back of the truck it's TOO much. The hole doubled in size from all the bending. Oops!

Old 06-30-2012, 10:33 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,207,466 times
Some women just need to get over the whole staring thing. I have been stared at so often throughout my life by creeps, thugs, attractive people of both sexes, kids, etc. that I consider it to be harmless. Staring is one thing because your eyes mean nothing to me and you could be cross-eyed for all I know, and physically invading my personal space is something different entirely.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:59 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivalis View Post
Some women just need to get over the whole staring thing. I have been stared at so often throughout my life by creeps, thugs, attractive people of both sexes, kids, etc. that I consider it to be harmless. Staring is one thing because your eyes mean nothing to me and you could be cross-eyed for all I know, and physically invading my personal space is something different entirely.
They could wear sunglasses and you won't know they are staring lol

What about animals? Do they stare?

Old 07-03-2012, 01:46 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,236 times
Quote:

Dogs do with me. The one who does it most is a 120 pound female Rottie. She loves me and doesn't understand she isn't human. Have you ever had a large breed girl dog jump into your lap and slurp you almost to the point your hair is wet? That's what she does! lol Puts her head down on my shoulder and looks me right in the eyes too. I wish I had a magic lamp and a genie.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:

Yes, we do.
We're animals, silly.
In fact, it's the animal part of us that most enjoys the staring, no?

Old 07-03-2012, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
Dogs do with me. The one who does it most is a 120 pound female Rottie. She loves me and doesn't understand she isn't human. Have you ever had a large breed girl dog jump into your lap and slurp you almost to the point your hair is wet? That's what she does! lol Puts her head down on my shoulder and looks me right in the eyes too. I wish I had a magic lamp and a genie.
Yeah. Some dogs and cats will look into your eyes and you know that they think you are God, provider of all good things. We are aware of our limitations and know that we cannot protect them from everything, but do the best we can.
I think the 'thing' that humans believe God is, if It exists, is in the same position, which is why there is so much suffering and so many unanswered prayers.

As other posters said, this is a cultural thing and when a woman wears other than the majority of that culture she will, naturally, attract attention. But, it would happen to men, too.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:10 AM

455 posts, read 651,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivalis View Post
Thank you! Everyone stares. Whether it's a split second, more than a second, a minute, etc. Get over it! You can't control the reaction of another human being so why waste your time and complain about it. You are better off learning self-defense since your words will not defeat or knockout an attacker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty