Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 10:36 AM

154 posts, read 155,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
This. Somebody tossed out the word conformist to describe people who don't care for tattoos. The inescapable intent of that statement is that, somehow, tattooed people have some kind of societal statement to make. Nope. They just chose a different conformity, no matter how hard they try to rationalize it.
Ironic, isn't it.....

Old 06-11-2012, 10:42 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
So a women who gets her moms name tattooed after she dies from breast cancer (example) must be white trash or spent time in jail The ignorance of some of the people on here is incredible. I dont have tattoos myself but do find them attractive (to an extent). If you aren't attracted to women who are tatted up, keep your opinions to yourself and move on, they probably aren't interested in you anyways.
Quote:
Maybe the tattooed people have tattoos to attract like-minded people. It's an obvious deterrent of those conformists who somehow think it devalues a someones worth.

I'd pick the tattooed crowd over the one replying with negative stereotypes in this forum any day.
Ah hello, this is a message board were people give their OPINIONS. If you don't like it don't click on it, better yet if you only want to be around "like minded people" go start a pro tattoo thread.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:48 AM

674 posts, read 1,161,461 times
I'm with the OP. I live near those neighborhoods in Chicago, and actually my neighborhood has many more tatted up women....

It doesn't personally bother me on their arms or neck or a small part of their back. But girls who get them on their chest? That's a little gross to me. I don't find that attractive at all.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:04 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,573 times
Quote:
So a women who gets her moms name tattooed after she dies from breast cancer (example) must be white trash or spent time in jail The ignorance of some of the people on here is incredible. I dont have tattoos myself but do find them attractive (to an extent). If you aren't attracted to women who are tatted up, keep your opinions to yourself and move on, they probably aren't interested in you anyways.
What

I don't go around telling women with tats, "Hey, that looks trashy." The question was posed on a discussion board, so the discussion has begun. Also, it's not ignorant to stereotype people with tattoos; stereotypes exist for a reason. If people don't want to be associated with the negative connotations of a particular choice, perhaps they should think hard about making that choice.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:11 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
What

I don't go around telling women with tats, "Hey, that looks trashy." The question was posed on a discussion board, so the discussion has begun. Also, it's not ignorant to stereotype people with tattoos; stereotypes exist for a reason. If people don't want to be associated with the negative connotations of a particular choice, perhaps they should think hard about making that choice.

Again, I don't think the majority of people who enjoy their ink are concerned with others not liking it....feel free to shout from the rooftops your disdain for tattoos, but don't expect anyone to care or change their mind about what they find aesthetically pleasing.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:12 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,828 times
I love the level of arrogance and the superiority complex some people have. Yes, people getting tatted have never considered the fact that some people don't care for tattoos. Like, seriously?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:19 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Actually, I think you have it exactly backwards. This is a thread about whether or not people find tattoos to be attractive. In that sense, it's a subjective choice and there's no right or wrong answer. But the minute someone dares to say that tattoos are just not very attractive, you get the pro tattoo crowd leaping to their feet and likening them to bigots. Personally, I don't care if you wear one, because I'm off the market and won't be embarking on a relationship. But if you were my employee, I'd definitely care.
If I were your employee, you'd have no idea whether or not I had one.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:45 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I love the level of arrogance and the superiority complex some people have. Yes, people getting tatted have never considered the fact that some people don't care for tattoos. Like, seriously?
If this thread is any indication, there are plenty of people with tattoos who are delusional and think negative attention doesn't exist except from ignorance.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
I hate tattoos. I think they look trashy. But hey it's your body. Personally I choose not to have tattoos. But I have friends who do and I've even dated guys with tattoos. People with tattoos are going to be stereotyped. That's the way it is. It's one thing to have a few that can be covered up but it's another to cover your whole body in them. Even on your hands? Yuck. That says something to me about the level of respect you have for your body.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:01 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
If this thread is any indication, there are plenty of people with tattoos who are delusional and think negative attention doesn't exist except from ignorance.

Or, they don't care? Just because negative attention exists doesn't mean you must put any stock into it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty