Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 06:30 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
Just browsing and saw this bag. I'm not a fan of the patent leather look but I think this Burberry is gorgeous
I'm not a big bag person, but I saw that at Neimans and have been coveting it ever since
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 03:55 PM

2,355 posts, read 2,182,357 times
I used to buy the cheaper purses like Guess and Nine West....technically these purses aren't made cheaply but compared to Coach and Michael Korrs they are. I "invested" in a Coach ensemble (purse and wallet) and now and forever swear by Coach. I won't ever be purchasing another purses again. What for? This purse is everything I've always wanted. *sigh* Love Coach...

Old 10-15-2007, 04:39 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
a big stone mountain bag so i can get everything in it!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:55 AM

137 posts, read 818,556 times
My favorite bag I'm using at the moment is a tan leather Longchamp, but I also like Coach.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:26 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,399,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I'm not a big bag person, but I saw that at Neimans and have been coveting it ever since
It's pretty, but I'm leery of those types of straps. They tend not to be as comfortable as flat straps and they fall off the shoulder. Make sure you try it on and walk around in it for a while to see how it feels.

Greenie

Old 10-15-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTina View Post
Ayannaaaliyah, It won't let me give you Rep.yet but you just wait, cause it is coming.
Don't worry -- I gave her one for you....

- Greenie

Old 10-15-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernkomfort27 View Post
I don't switch purses very often...I've been carrying the same one for over 5 years. Mine is a black, soft, leather perlina. My daughter thought it would be a good bag for me, and since it was on sale, I bought it. I have not regretted the purchase. Except for a couple of the zipper tabs falling off, it's still in good condition, even after I ran over it with my car!
You ran your purse over with your car? How on earth?

- G.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:43 PM

253 posts, read 1,106,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
What type/brand of purse do you like to carry, ladies? Where I live Coach is kinda the one you see women carrying a lot. Of the more expensive ones, I prefer Dooney and Bourke. A little bit cheaper...I really like Fossil. My husband recently bought me a beautiful Brighton purse and I like it. I also like a braided or woven look in a purse when I can find it. Pearlina has a very soft leather. Really, though, a purse can be very attractive and inexpensive, but I do like a good leather purse, I've found.

So...what kind of purse do you carry? If money were no object, what kind would you prefer? Would you rather have one good purse or many less expensive ones? What kind of purses are popular where you live? Are there any you particularly don't like?

I tend to be kind of a "purse" person, so let's talk purses!
I too love talking purses & I have a lot of them! I carry LV multicolor Alma, 2 fendi fur bags, 2 gucci's one fur one regular 2 marc Jacobs one is a luggage tote, quite a few prads, the ostrich & the croc are my two favorites, a couple of Diors. I favor the see through plastic logo one. I love my Giselle Luella bag too. I also have coach bags and Dolce & Gabanna. They are not my favorites though. They are too common. I like bags that are more exotic or more exclusive.Where i live people tend to carry coach bags or dooney & burke (sp).
The designer bags that I'd like to own that i don't own now are Balenciaga (sp) & Chanel. My hubby is supposed to be getting me a Chanel next month for our anniversary. I'm very excited about that!

Old 10-15-2007, 02:11 PM

253 posts, read 1,106,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'm a handbag w_h_o_r_e.

My bags range from Chloe and Fendi to Kooba and Hayden-Harnett.

My most recent handbag purchase was my Fendi Fortuny Hobo Spy.

ETA: If money was no object, then I'd get myself an Hermes 35cm croc. Birkin...haven't decided what color yet.

As for what's carried around here...you name it! Hermes, LV, Chloe, Coach, Balenciaga, D&B. I tend to see a lot of the LV mono (of which I'm not a fan.)
I too am a purse ***** lol I forgt ot mention i would love to get a Brkin (of Course) and a Chloe bag. I am sure I will get a chloe the Birkin I truely doubt though I also carry my Juicy Couture dog purses. Each of my yorkies have their own. I would like to eventually upgrade them the the LV carrying case or the Gucci dog purse. Who knows maybe for christmas?

Old 10-15-2007, 05:08 PM

859 posts, read 3,321,547 times
Any Coach lovers have a Carly??

I hadn't bought Coach in almost a year and had been buying Fendi and Michael Kors instead, but 2 weeks ago I was browsing Coach and fell in love with the Chocolate Carly!!

It is one of the best bags I have bought in a long time. I am in love with the color and shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty