Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 10:24 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Where did you get yours from? Since I like making them, I like looking at other corsets for inspiration.
Lingeriediva.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 10:43 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Where did you get yours from? Since I like making them, I like looking at other corsets for inspiration.
This site has a bunch of great resources:
The Lingerie Addict

Old 07-03-2012, 10:54 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This site has a bunch of great resources:
The Lingerie Addict
I sometimes check out their corset tag. Lots of very good information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Lingeriediva.com.
Bluh. I guess I was hoping to see real corsets. Not plastic-boned fashion pieces.

Some of my current inspirations for after Otakon are corsets like these:

Corset 1
Corset 2
Corset 3

I also get a lot of inspiration from Meschantes corsets.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:46 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
I'm not a lady, but I've worn the EMS version of a corset before. Saturday, in fact. Can't imagine what it feels like for a regular corset, though.

Pics to possibly follow later.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:06 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Ok, I really need to get on the corset bandwagon. I tried on one in the completely wrong size at Fredericks (they don't have bras to fit me there) and It didn't give me any support for my breast, the waist cinching part was amazing! My problem is, the ones that will give me the support and shape I need for my breasts are few in number and very expensive. Oh and combine that with the fact I have a really short torso.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:43 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,392,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I read this article and thought some on here might be interested.

BBC News - The re-re-re-rise of the corset
I've worn them in the past for formal wear - I've attended alot of balls and found that full lenght ball gowns look much better with good foundation pieces

Old 10-14-2012, 09:45 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I have a waist-trainer I used to wear on occasion but the back stay on the right side kept digging into my hip flesh, and it pushed the flesh beneath the bottom hem out and it looked really freaky. That was when I was slimmer - but I've always been "fleshy" even when I had a flat stomach. I think what I need, is a longline. I tried one on last year, there's a woman who makes the really sturdy ones. She had one in a terrific cloth pattern and it fit great. I just didn't see myself wearing it often enough to justify the $150 expenditure.

I'm glad I didn't buy it too - I've lost 30 pounds since then, and it'd be too big now.

Edited to add: They're *amazing* if you have a weak lower back. But you have to get them to fit you properly, and not simply be flashy adornment.
Ooohh, I get that fleshiness too, even when I'm at my skiniest. What's a longline?

I love corsets though, some are so beautifully made. Agree that having it fitted is necessary

Old 10-14-2012, 12:42 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
I want to try waist training

Old 10-14-2012, 04:29 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,392,817 times
Quote:

Bluh. I guess I was hoping to see real corsets. Not plastic-boned fashion pieces.

Corset 1
Corset 2
Corset 3

I thought so too..... those aren't what I'd consider corsets, but rather a clubbing "something" ? I'm guessing that the poster intends to wear them , not under but instead of a "shirt", LOL.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:

Corset 1
Corset 2
Corset 3

Ugh, 'fashion corsets' are the worst. They hurt more than they help. A decent corset costs quite a bit of money, if a corset is under $100 run away!

Vintage lingerie, corsets, bullet bras and fully fashioned stockings

This is an AWESOME site for well made, steel boned corsets that are the correct shape. I have a few friends that corset train and I really need to invest in a really well made one to help with my posture and back issues. My doctor actually recommended wearing a corset to help alleviate the pain in my lower back from the weight of my breasts. I want to lose another 30 lbs or so and then I'll drop the $300 or so to get a custom one made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty