Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2007, 04:05 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,938,071 times

Advertisements

I'm going on my first cruise at the beginning of next year. I'm not sure what to wear or what kind of clothes to bring. Normally I don't shop before a vacation but here in florida we have tons of stores that specifically sell cruise wear so I assume there's something out there that I should buy. Keep in mind, I'm 20 something so if you have any suggestions please share!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 06:33 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,417,373 times
I think just old people have special "cruise wear." I have never heard of anybody under the age of 70 with special cruise clothes. Just dress how you normally would for a casual day then bring some nicer stuff to wear at night.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:04 PM

206 posts, read 938,709 times
I've been on a few cruises and packed my normal everyday casual clothing for day. I did bring along some great evening dresses for dinner. I'm also in my 20s, a great time to shop for some great dresses is after Homecoming or Winter dances, in the juniors dept. They have great sales in the dept. stores. I didn't want to spend a lot on new dresses I know I wouldn't wear again.

Pack a lot though. I always found myself changing a few times throughout the day depending on what activities we were doing.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:20 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
It seems to me that you should have a few pretty wraps and coverups to wear with your swimsuit. I like the Gaultier meshwear dresses and skirts. It depends on what you are going to do on the boat though.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:39 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,938,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
I think just old people have special "cruise wear." I have never heard of anybody under the age of 70 with special cruise clothes. Just dress how you normally would for a casual day then bring some nicer stuff to wear at night.

You may be right- I usually see this in stores like Tommy Bahama or some of the specialty shops around town. *Usually those stores cater to a more mature crowd.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:42 AM

220 posts, read 1,109,239 times
Hint: Check out the shore excursions ahead of time. If you think you may want to hike through a coffee plantation or scale the side of a volcano etc, you may need more than sandals and beach wear. Have fun!

Old 10-24-2007, 12:44 PM

6 posts, read 25,748 times
Smile for your cruise

When I go on cruises or any trip I take my wrap. It goes with everything and keeps me warm on the deck. I got mine at Home Page . I got the green lily and just this month,one in black. It goes good with jeans and my dresses. Have fun on your cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I'm going on my first cruise at the beginning of next year. I'm not sure what to wear or what kind of clothes to bring. Normally I don't shop before a vacation but here in florida we have tons of stores that specifically sell cruise wear so I assume there's something out there that I should buy. Keep in mind, I'm 20 something so if you have any suggestions please share!

Old 10-24-2007, 12:47 PM

324 posts, read 883,063 times
Bring your normal clothes, but also be prepared for a variety of activities that you might want to do at different ports. There is usually a "formal" dinner night, but I've seen people wear everything from black-tie to cocktail. I think you can get away with anything that is a little nicer for that night. Have fun!!

Old 10-24-2007, 04:02 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,996 times
When I travel I dont like to tote everything I own. I usually choose two colors for my wardrobe. That way everything goes together and you can mix and match. Also you can get by with just a few pairs of shoes. I also pack some bright scarves belts and jewelry. You can change your whole look with a few accessories and they dont take up much room. I usually wear a nice comfortable dressy casual suit jacket on the plane that I can wear later as a cover up. One less thing to pack.

Dont wear sweats and heavy coats etc on the plane that you wont be wearing on the ship. And leave your heavy purse at home. It gets old lugging it everywhere cause you dont want to leave it in your room. I take a large tote that looks like a purse so it doesnt count as a carry on. Yes sir I know this looks like a suitcase but its my purse. I dont trust them not to lose my luggage so I carry my makeup and a change of undies etc just in case. Later its good for carrying stuff. And only bring as much shampoo etc as you think you will use. travel size is good. Full size takes up too much room.

Dont bring tons of Tees. They sell clothes everywhere especially Tee type stuff.. On the ship and in all the ports. Everybody buys some clothes. This way you will have less to pack comming back. And bring a travel iron. No matter how good you pack something always gets smushed.

I always double suitcase. I pack my full one inside another empty one. That way I have an empty one for any klediments I buy.

Hope you have fun on your criuise. The food is awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty