Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:19 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,580,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Ok ladies and gentlemen! Pop open that bottle of wine and settle down

What is your ideal male body type and what can't you stand?

I figured the guys have a thread like this so now it's our turn

Please feel free to add pics as well.

For me:

between 5'10" and 6'1"

Hairy but not Borat hairy

Pure strength but visible ripped muscles aren't required

Big sexy tree trunk legs

Dark hair

Turn offs:

Very little body hair

Skinny...especially chicken legs if I see chicken legs SO UNATTRACTIVE

Flat ass....your ass looks like it belongs on a little girl

Your turn!
I'm not what you like, I'm sure, but I have the above attributes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 10:21 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,580,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Vin Diesel, is perfect !!!!
LOL. I figured we'd hear from you.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:47 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,777,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Vin Diesel, is perfect !!!!
Yup, I agree!

Old 06-20-2012, 10:56 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,066,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree totally! It is "boring and vain" and in the Sunbelt states like Florida, where more skin is on display more frequently and in greater quantity, one can see why this cult of body building survives there.

However, I'm originally from LI NY and "beach culture" is huge there, as are some men's muscles.

I also agree that the men who do it think it's hot. But women, not so much.

I think it's more of a narcissistic thing. They do it for themselves and for other men.

Kind of like women with really big hair, overly made up, with unnatural acrylic nails. Men are not impressed.
I completely disagree with this. I was 290lbs and clearly obese. No woman would even give me the time of day. I dropped 100lbs and had a 6 pack, but I didn't look like a bodybuilder. I looked more like a swimmer. I got more female attention in 1 month than I did in the previous years combined.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:06 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,769,421 times
5'10-6'4, thick wavy brunet hair, medium build.

Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark, except maybe a little hairier and a teensy bit more muscled. He's just so sexy in both his nerdy professor get up and ruthless explorer mode. I like a man that can pull off both of those looks.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,577,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I completely disagree with this. I was 290lbs and clearly obese. No woman would even give me the time of day. I dropped 100lbs and had a 6 pack, but I didn't look like a bodybuilder. I looked more like a swimmer. I got more female attention in 1 month than I did in the previous years combined.
I think that's the 'default attractive' body type for most women, just like a VS model is the default attractive body type for most men. Looking like that probably dropped you into the zone where most women found you attractive. Hell, even I like looking at a swimmers body, but in general I'm not really attracted to it. I do appreciate a fine looking male specimen just like the next lady

In all honesty though, attraction doesn't make any sense. The guy I currently have a 'thing' for is 12 years older than me (I usually date younger) has a scraggly beard and bald head, is shorter than me by a few inches and chubby. I dated a guy very near my 'ideal' and wasn't really attracted to him at all because of his attitude towards others.

So..basically stuff doesn't make sense.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:41 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,064,127 times
preferred 6'0" to 6'4" and a big one.

Not preferred under 6'0" and a little one.

'bout sums it up for me.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-20-2012, 10:27 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,976,351 times
If the guy can physically wear skinny jeans and pull them off he's a no go. It makes me giggly.

Just from a looks point of view it's a how they crap are you not uncomfortable unless you're a eunuch. They make their feet look Ronald McDonald big and if going by the old wives tale, on feet size, considering how tight skinny jeans look the big feet seem deceiving because...yeah.

Other than that and 5'10 plus I'm not too picky. You know if you're overweight. Numbers are subjective. You can look fine but actually be a not so fine weight but if you carry it well there's no problem.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:40 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,634,015 times
It's amazing how picky MEN and WOMEN tend to me.

Honestly, if you have a nice face, aren't fat, and are a decent person, everything else is just
menial nonsense that only little children care about.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:08 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,769,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
It's amazing how picky MEN and WOMEN tend to me.

Honestly, if you have a nice face, aren't fat, and are a decent person, everything else is just
menial nonsense that only little children care about.
I don't think it's childish to acknowledge there are some physical traits that one finds unattractive. Physical attraction is a big part of adult relationships so, no, it's not menial nonsense.

Besides, this is a discussion about our ideals, not our realities. A number of people who answered are married to or dating men who don't meet their described preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty