Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 02:42 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
That is because you didn't listen to your mom and stop eating lots of ice cream and doing lots of push-ups!
I wish it was that!!!! havent heard the ice cream one though!!!!! It isnt easy being small waisted with big chests, makes you look weird in todays clothes!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
Don't worry about me, no self hatred here. I like my curves, in fact, I'm sexy. My DH agrees.
Mine too!! wouldnt give up the chest for anything! like my hips too!!

Old 09-23-2006, 10:15 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,602 times
I don't care what anybody says about curves...I have 'em and I love 'em. That hour glass shape is what defines a woman (look at Marilyn Monroe, she had curves and she was the epitome of feminine). The only females that shouldn't have curves are young adolescent girls...simply because they haven't developed curves yet. Women that don't have at least a little curve, look like tall kids (such as Kate Moss...although she looks like a tall 10 year old that's been beaten, neglected and starved and thrown in some bushes a few times). Besides, men might look at those girls because they're thrown in everyone's faces but if you ask men, statistically, they do NOT like fake boobs and they DO like naturally shaped women....so let Kate Moss shove her 20 million where the sun don't shine for all I care!!!! LOL

Old 09-23-2006, 10:20 PM

872 posts, read 3,585,263 times
20 million of a white powdery substance up the nose...

Old 09-23-2006, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
Mine too!! wouldnt give up the chest for anything! like my hips too!!

I have to disagree with that though....I'd definitely give up some of the boob area if anyone needed some...I agree, I have a little waist, normal lower half and a big chest...certain clothes or dresses look really silly on me. I always say I'm afraid to work out too much or I'll end up looking like a body builder or something up there....Hey, maybe Kate Moss would pay me a small portion of her nose candy money if I sold her a couple pounds of boobs.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:22 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,833 times
Good news! In people magazine, one country banned all models with <18 BMI! Out of 300 models, only 68 showed up! One was 5'7 and weighed 107, another 5'11 and weighed 117! Both have been banned and once other countries follow suit, all those banned models will have no choice but gain weight!

Old 09-24-2006, 09:46 AM

944 posts, read 3,954,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
The only females that shouldn't have curves are young adolescent girls...simply because they haven't developed curves yet.
But what about adolescent girls who HAVE developed curves? I hope you're not putting them down, they have a hard enough time with older men mistaking them for being "legal", teenage boys teasing them, and other girls treating them like freaks.

But you bring up a good point --- it is very likely that the reason why top models like Kate Moss are selected for their strange proportions is because they look like little girls. It's an uncomfortable thought to contemplate, but there's no denying that a super-skinny gangly model has body proportions more like a 12 year old girl than a normal woman. That doesn't make the skinny model a bad person, nobody is to blame for anything here! We just have to look honestly at what it is that's making women pay over and over to see images of skinny women. Men are not the driving force behind the industry, though we often get blamed. What drives fashion is that women buy into it.

Instead of laws against skinny models, how about women just boycott magazines and TV shows that feature them? That would be the way of freedom and choice. If you get into saying they can't be too skinny, then you should also ban images of obesity because that's every bit as dangerous and also sends 'bad messages' to women. We don't need more laws --- we need to be informed, have compassion for each other, and take care of ourselves.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
I have to disagree with that though....I'd definitely give up some of the boob area if anyone needed some...I agree, I have a little waist, normal lower half and a big chest...certain clothes or dresses look really silly on me. I always say I'm afraid to work out too much or I'll end up looking like a body builder or something up there....Hey, maybe Kate Moss would pay me a small portion of her nose candy money if I sold her a couple pounds of boobs.
I had a friend that was a H cup, yes I said H, didnt even know they made that size, she had them reduced to a small C now she regrets it, mine are only DD and yes I have a tiny waist and i have problems with clothes sometimes fitting me, but they are a part of me, someone can have part of my rear though!!!!

Old 09-24-2006, 11:31 AM

Well, I can't say I'll trade with you because I'm almost as big up there as you are (D) and I'm not loving my rear-end lately either LOL!!! But I do believe that although we can always work on ourselves to stay fit and in shape, we should definitley be happy with and proud of what we were given...none of that plastic surgery crap. I'm made simpy the way I was supposed to be....gorgeous! LOL

Ps. I never heard of an H cup either!!! When I was pregnant the very first time I went into an E (which I had never heard of either) and I cried and cried so much that my mom didn't know what to even say to me. My next bunch of pregnancies were as big, but I had by then surrended to the boob factor...

Old 09-24-2006, 11:38 AM

Yea H was pretty scary, I was a EEE when my milk came in, didnt know they went that big, had to go to a special store to find boulder holders, as my hubby calls them, do you get back and neck pain? me not so much but I do get shoulder and arm pain sometimes and I hate wearing underwire!!!! My but could drop off now, i wish!!!! hubby likes it me not so much, thats what kids do to ya though!!!! i would consider a tummy tuck though, but other than that Plastic Surgery scares me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty