Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 06:50 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Ladies do you or have you ever felt overlooked by men in favor of other women and do you feel that you are at a disadvantage because of your looks, age, personality or other qualities? And finally do you think men are unfair to women by doing that?
I've overlooked men for the same reasons so no, I don't care or think its unfair.

I am not really the type that sits there and waited for someone to hit on me so it never really registered in my mind at all. Plus growing up mostly around men and having male friends through my late teens and twenties enough "hot chick" arguments in the bro circle have come up that its almost funny to me what people think is or isn't attractive.

With other aspects its just conditions that are going to make you get along or not or can change certain life goals. For example if I was too old to have kids and some guy wanted them...oh well. Thats the breaks.
It really takes me time to bond emotionally with anyone so when you are honest from the get go its really not that big of a deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 04:37 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
they concentrates their efforts and attention on a small percentage of women in the world and the rest don't matter, until they get desperate and can't get anything else.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:47 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
If I, as a darker black woman waited around until my type of beauty was in style, I'd have the lowest self esteem ever. I work with what I have, and don't worry about what everyone else thinks.

Because Hollywood brainwash men as to what they think is beautiful.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:52 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
they concentrates their efforts and attention on a small percentage of women in the world and the rest don't matter, until they get desperate and can't get anything else.
Darling, I see couples every day through my work and let me tell you that even the most physically unappealing people manage to find love. Obese, pig nosed, excessively hairy, and questionable hygiene. And most of them aren't rich or smart or even particularly nice, nor are they old or married to the old so this isn't a matter of settling. You whine whine whine about how every man only aims for 2% of the female population but it just ain't so. Beauty is not a necessary prerequisite to find love, not in the slightest.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Darling, I see couples every day through my work and let me tell you that even the most physically unappealing people manage to find love. Obese, pig nosed, excessively hairy, and questionable hygiene. And most of them aren't rich or smart or even particularly nice, nor are they old or married to the old so this isn't a matter of settling. You whine whine whine about how every man only aims for 2% of the female population but it just ain't so. Beauty is not a necessary prerequisite to find love, not in the slightest.

I will continue to "whine whine whine" in your words, about them, if it's such an issue to you, use the ignore function anytime you feel like it. Otherwise I don't give a flying fu*k.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:30 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Quote:
Yes,they may have found love,but how do you some didn't just "settle"?
Or someone is taking care of someone fianacially,or being abusive?
More importantly,how do we know they are in love?

Old 06-26-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Yes,they may have found love,but how do you some didn't just "settle"?
Or someone is taking care of someone fianacially,or being abusive?
More importantly,how do we know they are in love?
I mean, I'm not hiding under their beds or anything, but I have some insight into their financial situations and medical histories, I see them interact, and most people don't go to great physical, emotional, and financial efforts to reproduce with someone they just feel "meh" about.

One might venture to guess that an ugly woman in a marriage is more certainly loved than a beautiful one, since you know he's not keeping her around for her looks.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I will continue to "whine whine whine" in your words, about them, if it's such an issue to you, use the ignore function anytime you feel like it. Otherwise I don't give a flying fu*k.
I'd rather point out how illogical you are.

If a woman can't find any man to give her the time of day, it's not her looks that are holding her back.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I'd rather point out how illogical you are.

If a woman can't find any man to give her the time of day, it's not her looks that are holding her back.

Well I'd rather you use the ignore function. You'll have a better time with that then trying to change someone across the internet that you don't even know. Other then that, everyone on here can read and come to their own conclusions, you're not appointed to do any of that for them.

And for the record most women with half a brain can find "any" man to give her the time of day. Not what I'm talking about and again you don't know me enough to make anything besides assumptions as to whats "held me back" where these matters are concerned.

don't forget that ignore button.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:06 PM

701 posts, read 1,562,753 times
Nah, I've never felt overlooked because I don't care to base my worth off of what others think of me nor do I feed into the competitive mindset in that if you aren't at 110% always, then you're nothing. I'm happy with me and I am content with knowing the fact of life, which is there will always be someone "prettier", taller, smarter/more intelligent, more vivacious, more chatty than me so why even bother sweating something that's truly a non-issue?

I believe there's someone out there for everyone and every single person likes something different. There's not need for me to compare myself to other women nor compete with them for a man's attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty