Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 10:52 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
A little trimming is a good thing...I have seen my husband grow hairs that are 4" long below the belt. Those need to be trimmed and civilized in some way before I go near that area. Sometimes it looks like his eyebrows are growing down onto his cheekbones too...the older they get, the hairier they seem to get. Anyhow, I'm glad he learned to trim before he started growing hair like a cave man.
That cave man look was popular in the 70's I don't know why, I never though body hair was anything to show proudly. I groom myself within reason because it makes me feel better and I don't think it has anything to do with manhood. I shave every day sometimes twice if I am going out at night because I don't like facial hair and shave my torso while in the shower, it only takes me a couple of minutes and I'm done with it. I see nothing wrong with using body lotion and deodorant and a good quality cologne. The way I see it skins is skin regardless of gender and your skin is the first line of defense against disease and other harmful thing and keeping healthy is important not just for look but health wise, but some people can't seem to grasp that concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 02:26 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
I've always liked woman and men to look the way nature made them...long hairs...gnarly hairs...lotsa hairs, or no hairs...it's ALL good!!!..long as it all gets washed regularily.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:33 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,198,343 times
I brush my teeth and shower each day, get my hair cut about 2-3 times a year and trim my beard when it gets too scraggly. On the rare occassion I go swimming, I might dehair my "back sweater", simply not to gross out other water patrons, but thats about it. When I am no longer dependent on the man for employment, Ill probably have a Zach Galifinakis/John Lennon style beard.

In general, I think its highly feminine for men to "dehair" themselves.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
That cave man look was popular in the 70's I don't know why, I never though body hair was anything to show proudly.
Better question is why it ever went out....

Dont worry, beards are making a slow come back....eventually we will depose of the completely unnatural act of manscaping altogether.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:33 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Better question is why it ever went out....

Dont worry, beards are making a slow come back....eventually we will depose of the completely unnatural act of manscaping altogether.
Hey maybe you are right, I was watching those commercials about the beef jerky where the guys mess with Sasquatch and they make him mad and they end up getting their butts kicked. I bet if Sasquatch started coming out on talk shows and became a mainstream celebrity he would have all kinds of women at the club dancing around him and hitting on him.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:59 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times
I shave my head and face every day, but keep a goatee. Not balding by nature but like the clean look. I trim down below when need be and I clean up my eyebrows when it starts looking bushy.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I brush my teeth and shower each day, get my hair cut about 2-3 times a year and trim my beard when it gets too scraggly. On the rare occassion I go swimming, I might dehair my "back sweater", simply not to gross out other water patrons, but thats about it. When I am no longer dependent on the man for employment, Ill probably have a Zach Galifinakis/John Lennon style beard.

In general, I think its highly feminine for men to "dehair" themselves.
Do you even have teeth or is it to feminine to visit a dentist?

Old 06-28-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Do you even have teeth or is it to feminine to visit a dentist?
Clearly, in your haste to pass out insults (or maybe you just cant read), you must have overlooked where I specifically stated I brush my teeth each day.......

Old 06-28-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Clearly, in your haste to pass out insults (or maybe you just cant read), you must have overlooked where I specifically stated I brush my teeth each day.......
I've seen people brush 3 teeth before!

Old 06-28-2012, 04:35 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,237 times
Jungle, Dessert or just trimmed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty