Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 06:08 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times

Advertisements

Should men take great care of themselves by grooming throughly or should they just be simple and disregard that issue. I personally like to take good care of myself and that has not taken an ounce of manhood away from me. I will be honest about this I know every woman is different and they have different preferences but me personally I Believe that a man should take as much care of himself as anyone else even if he is married and regardless of his age but then again that is only my opinion and I would like to hear everyone else's thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 06:35 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,737,962 times
Yes I want a man to be well groomed don't like the sloppy, needs to shave and shower type. Also don't like the high maintenance too groomed type.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:03 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,156 times
I like a nice clean soap smelling man. He needs to shower at least once a day. And be cleanly shaven. No long toenails or fingernails-ooooooooeeeewww!

Old 06-23-2012, 09:33 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,034 times
Come your hair, brush your teeth, take a shower once a day, clean clothes in the morning....YES. Obscessing in front of the mirror and going broke on the latest fashion trend....I say that's soooooooo "metro".

Old 06-24-2012, 11:18 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Should men take great care of themselves by grooming throughly or should they just be simple and disregard that issue. I personally like to take good care of myself and that has not taken an ounce of manhood away from me. I will be honest about this I know every woman is different and they have different preferences but me personally I Believe that a man should take as much care of himself as anyone else even if he is married and regardless of his age but then again that is only my opinion and I would like to hear everyone else's thoughts.
My opinion is that men (and women) should do whatever they want, are comfortable with and that produces the desired effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
He needs to shower at least once a day
I'm in the non-showering every other day group. People never think I'm gross until I tell them that I don't shower every day.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:45 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin5 View Post
Yes I want a man to be well groomed don't like the sloppy, needs to shave and shower type. Also don't like the high maintenance too groomed type.
Be clean. Facial hair is sexy, but keep it neat. Leave the chest and body hair though...manscaping does nothing for me.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:32 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,621,818 times
I don't think men should have their brows waxed unless they got that unibrow thing going. My co-worker had her hubby try it because she thought it would make his eyes look bigger & less squinty but he looks more like a cancer survivor post-chemo now, especially with his buzz-cut hair.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:58 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
Cleanliness is a must. I, too, like a man to have some hair....men are SUPPOSED to have hair! I don't want a man that looks like a child!

I don't want someone who spends all his time looking at himself....but a shower and clean clothes is a good thing!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:34 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
I have to admit that I am guilty of body grooming. I didn't do it until last year because in the past it was seen as a bad thing and I didn't have the body for it but as time has gone by it has become more accepted and I am in better shape. I don't like body hair except on my head so I trim my body hair short and shave my torso. I dont't mind doing it and I feel better about myself. I dont spend hours in front of the mirror though. That is silly.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:11 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
A little trimming is a good thing...I have seen my husband grow hairs that are 4" long below the belt. Those need to be trimmed and civilized in some way before I go near that area. Sometimes it looks like his eyebrows are growing down onto his cheekbones too...the older they get, the hairier they seem to get. Anyhow, I'm glad he learned to trim before he started growing hair like a cave man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty