Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 12:34 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,423,853 times

Advertisements

I wear perfume essential oils & that's pretty much it. I like Sandlewood, Patchouli (you either hate it or love it - no in between), Mango, Peach, Frankincense, Myrrh, Vanilla... and a whole bunch of others. I tend to combine them depending upon my mood, the occasion, or the time of year. They're my favourites ever!!! They last forever & ever throughout the day & some don't leave your clothing for several washes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 07:59 AM

144 posts, read 824,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldpolkadots View Post
Oh yes! Victoria Secret's fragrance called 'Love Spell' is a must have.

YUCK! Love Spell gives me a headache...and my teenage dd loves it! LOL I'm more of a philosophy girl myself...love the pure grace and amazig grace and falling in love in nice as well.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:17 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times
I LOVE pure grace! But for some reason, it doesn't last that long for me. It's one of my indulgences because I go through it so fast that I have to buy it often. I just may buy the HUGE 4oz size that they're offering on qvc. You can't get it in that size anywhere else.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:48 AM

144 posts, read 824,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I LOVE pure grace! But for some reason, it doesn't last that long for me. It's one of my indulgences because I go through it so fast that I have to buy it often. I just may buy the HUGE 4oz size that they're offering on qvc. You can't get it in that size anywhere else.
I do get some of their stuff in store but most of it I get at QVC...cant be the prices or the packages they put together. I think it lasts longer than you think it does.....I know I can't smell it anymore after a few hours, yet, still have ppl comment on how 'clean' I smell.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:02 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times
That may be true because after a while you'll get used to certain scents- especially something that smells so fresh and natural. It could be that I just don't notice it after a while but you know, that is actually one of the scents that I get the most comments on- its not so perfumey and everyone (males/females) recognize 'clean' scents.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:35 AM

45 posts, read 183,582 times
Hey! agreed! I have few with me too! and I quite agreed with what have been posted here.Man Fashion: Men fashion accessories: Perfumes

Old 10-01-2007, 08:23 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,060,029 times
I have a friend who introduced me to Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's fragrances a couple of years ago. That company is dangerously addictive!
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Perfume Oils: Welcome to the Lab
The problem, of course, is that you can't try out the fragrances before you buy, but you can buy a bunch of small vials ("imps") pretty cheaply. I found that their forums offer tons of great info on specific scents.
BPAL Madness! (Powered by Invision Power Board) (Click on the "reviews" section)

I own one of their limited edition scents - Gingerbread Poppet (it's perfect for winter). I have some favorites from the Illyria collection; Whenever I wear "Lady MacBeth", people flock to me & ask what I'm wearing. The perfume I have my eye on next is "Victoria" from the Stardust collection.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:06 AM

191 posts, read 712,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
I have a friend who introduced me to Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's fragrances a couple of years ago. That company is dangerously addictive!
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Perfume Oils: Welcome to the Lab
The problem, of course, is that you can't try out the fragrances before you buy, but you can buy a bunch of small vials ("imps") pretty cheaply. I found that their forums offer tons of great info on specific scents.
BPAL Madness! (Powered by Invision Power Board) (Click on the "reviews" section)

I own one of their limited edition scents - Gingerbread Poppet (it's perfect for winter). I have some favorites from the Illyria collection; Whenever I wear "Lady MacBeth", people flock to me & ask what I'm wearing. The perfume I have my eye on next is "Victoria" from the Stardust collection.
All right, I visited the site and became immediately hooked. I ordered six imps.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:17 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,908,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think.reciprocity View Post
I wear perfume essential oils & that's pretty much it. I like Sandlewood, Patchouli (you either hate it or love it - no in between), Mango, Peach, Frankincense, Myrrh, Vanilla... and a whole bunch of others. I tend to combine them depending upon my mood, the occasion, or the time of year. They're my favourites ever!!! They last forever & ever throughout the day & some don't leave your clothing for several washes.

I've always liked Patchouli...I can't do it straight though...it has to be mixed in something, for me at least...I have a body lotion by Dr.Bronner's..which is all organic ingredients...Patchouli and Lime...

Otherwise, I will go with Victoria's Secret line of fragrances.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:32 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,052 times
Jean Paul Gautier
I simply love and it lasts forever, both the mens and womens. It's great to travel with also because the bottle comes in a steel can.

I also like Issey Miyake (le feu d'issey). I love this for the fall and winter months and it also lasts forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty