Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 04:30 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times

Advertisements

What does toned have to do with curvy?

You thighs can be cellulite riddled,as long as you have the 0.7 Whr you are curvy.
No need to be muscular like a man to be considered curvy.
Women are supposed to be soft and carry more body fat than men.
None of the curvy women like Sophia Loren,Audrey Hepburn,and Marilyn Monroe were toned.
They appeared soft,and there arms even looked like they had that jiggle in the back of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 05:01 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
that's funny because in this thread I seen mostly: boney as* women, very overweight women, and women with cartoonish, unrealistic body proportions.
Photoshopped images aside, what's unrealistic? When people say women come in all shapes and sizes, they mean ALL shapes and sizes, even the extreme proportioned ones.

All
Shapes
And
Sizes

Old 07-31-2012, 05:18 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
No, but I do know that women want to skinny and toned. You know the standard model look.
You know, that's a remarkable piece of factual data. It's remarkable, because it isn't factual, nor is it data.

I'm a woman, and I don't want to be skinny. I -do- want my muscles to be better defined. If I could sculpt my body with no pain and no expense, by waving a magic wand, I'd want this:

The cellulite smoothed out on my outer thighs. My inner thighs slimmed by maybe an inch total. My tummy tucked. My breasts reduced to a solid C and lifted. The extra skin dangling under my upper arms trimmed off.

My butt, thankfully, has rounded itself out through tons of exercise in the past year; in fact, I've never had a round butt before, it's always been pretty flat. And now, it's got a definite roundness to it, and I'm very happy about its present shape. My calves are kickass, and I'm satisfied with my hips.

I would want to continue having a little "pooch" to my belly; just not the kind that hangs and sags. My upper arms are very nicely defined now, totally not skinny but fairly muscular - unfortunately age has taken its toll and now I have a little sagging skin that won't go tight even when I flex.

I -like- having a little padding, in my mind, that's what makes women look feminine.

Sophia Loren, Renee Zellweger, are my ideals of physical beauty in a woman. Twiggy was cute, but there was nothing feminine about her.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:53 AM

840 posts, read 1,146,598 times
Women with high estrogen, what gives you the classic hourglass shape, are more likely to be overweight due to the fact that estrogen are stored in fat and water retention. They're also more likely to have more visceral fat.

Just look at Scarlett Johannson. She always had that stomach pooch going even in she was merely 20-21 in the MatchPoint.

I'm an Asian female with curves. I tend to get accused of being overweight whenever I'm in Asia even though at my heaviest I'm 124 (and I assure you I'm not 3'). And what do most people complain about Asian females? Not having front and back. Most proper oversea born Asians my age tend to be around 90 to 105 pounds. Go figure.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
Women with high estrogen, what gives you the classic hourglass shape, are more likely to be overweight due to the fact that estrogen are stored in fat and water retention. They're also more likely to have more visceral fat.
I think you mean subcutaneous fat. Most hourglass shaped women have smaller waists = lower visceral fat. More visceral fat is common on apple shaped people. A stomach pooch is one the fat storage places for women, and disappears with a very low body fat percentage. But genrally speaking, hourglasses store fat in thighs, hips, butt, breasts, and arms. Waists tend to stay small.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:26 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post

Just look at Scarlett Johannson. She always had that stomach pooch going even in she was merely 20-21 in the MatchPoint.

I'm an Asian female with curves. I tend to get accused of being overweight whenever I'm in Asia even though at my heaviest I'm 124 (and I assure you I'm not 3'). And what do most people complain about Asian females? Not having front and back. Most proper oversea born Asians my age tend to be around 90 to 105 pounds. Go figure.
Where is the proof that women who are hourglass shaped have higher estrogen levels?

Old 08-01-2012, 07:25 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Where is the proof that women who are hourglass shaped have higher estrogen levels?
Yeah I was wondering if this person somehow acquired Scarlett Johannson's medical records. I'm also wondering about all those non-curvy Asian females she's referring to - is she trying to tell us that none of them have high estrogen levels? That's a pretty remarkable piece of information. It's just as remarkable as the fact that women all want to be skinny and toned

P.S.: Menopausal women have really low estrogen levels, and many of them manage to have hourglass figures.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:09 PM

810 posts, read 1,807,707 times
I think "curvy" has just become another cliche that is used WAY too much. That, and other terms like "thick," and the one I hate the most, "BBW," have become entries in the list of overused adjectives in the contemporary lexicon. And another problem with cliches like that, is that someone who is overweight (and by overweight, I mean BIG) will post a picture of a "curvy" woman who doesn't even come close to that said respective person looks like, and that picture will usually be accompanied by one of someone who looks EXTREMELY skinny and anorexic, with the argument of, "Derp, which one do YOU find attractive?"

Old 08-04-2012, 03:27 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Curvy is a pear or hourglass shape. In other words, it's all about the waist or in other other words, it's all about the silhouette. Boobs can enhance the curvy look but boobs alone aren't enough. Case in point:

Not curvy.
Sniff, sniff. Smells good.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:23 AM

517 posts, read 998,570 times
yea I hate it because I always get that I'm skinny inresponse to saying I'm curvy. By curvy definition I mean my body has curves not that I am one big curve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty