Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 01:59 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times

Advertisements

Do you like bundling up when going out in the winter. Let me elaborate, I mean wearing sweaters, jackets, coats, gloves and wool hats etc. to stay warm? Do you do it because you like it or is it more of a necessity. I personally hate wearing any kind of cold weather clothing except maybe a light sweater or a leather coat and only if it is for a short period of time. I wear t shirts, polo shirts and Jeans year round regardless of the temperatures. I dont like to feel all bundled up. To me it feels uncomfortable. When I go to work in the morning I try to start my truck about 5 minutes befor leaving so it is warm when I get in so I only wear my jacket to walk from the house to the truck and as soon as I get in the truck the jacket comes right off. I would like to hear some opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 02:09 PM

180 posts, read 475,148 times
lol I hate bundling up. I feel like there is so much going on under my armpits. Although I tend to like colder weather places, that is the only part I hate about cold weather, the bundling up part.

I remember my mama made me wear long jonhs when it was cold out and it felt soooooo weird. Hard to explain.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:12 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
I just make sure my hands and ears are covered if there is a danger of frostbite. Otherwise if its too cold I just walk faster. I usually go with a wool coat, gloves and scarf (sometimes scarves are too hot)

Old 07-19-2012, 03:37 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Where I live it is mild. So bundling up means: coat, umbrella and maybe a scarf. Usually not needed. Unless for inside.

Gloves are generally unnecessary, except for a few winter evenings. I am kinda jealous of all of those winter accessories. We have no need. I wear pretty much the same stuff all year.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:28 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,948,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Do you like bundling up when going out in the winter. Let me elaborate, I mean wearing sweaters, jackets, coats, gloves and wool hats etc. to stay warm? Do you do it because you like it or is it more of a necessity. I personally hate wearing any kind of cold weather clothing except maybe a light sweater or a leather coat and only if it is for a short period of time. I wear t shirts, polo shirts and Jeans year round regardless of the temperatures. I dont like to feel all bundled up. To me it feels uncomfortable. When I go to work in the morning I try to start my truck about 5 minutes befor leaving so it is warm when I get in so I only wear my jacket to walk from the house to the truck and as soon as I get in the truck the jacket comes right off. I would like to hear some opinions.
I can brave the coldest weather with my old M-65 with liner attached or a Carhartt winter work jacket. For clothes I prefer jeans, t-shirt tucked in with a hoodie or sweat shirt over the t-shirt. Flannels over a t-shirt is ok too. I used to do that more in the past. I like untucked sweatshirts and hoodies over a tucked in t-shirt better now. For winter I always wear boots. Either Wolverine Durashock workboots or Sears Diehard Duty boots. Sometimes leather combat boots too. No cowboy boots in the winter or sneakers. Your feet get too cold in the cowboy boots and the smooth sole is like walking on ice all the time. As for sneakers, I hate snow getting crammed inside through the ankle part. I won't wear them in winter. I do wear leather boat shoes though.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:32 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
I make sure all parts that I could not live without if frostbitten are covered well. Otherwise I layer with a shirt and sweater (sometimes). It really depends on how cold it is outside and how long I am actually going to be outside. Since I do not work outside of my home though I am not generally outside very long. Taking out the trash or going to the vehicle to drive into town and run errands and go to the market.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:38 PM

LOL @ All the garb "slickers" wear in the winter. With one of these I work out in sub zero weather all day long. Freezing rain and high winds included. Carhartt Duck Active Quilted Jacket Mens - Dick's Sporting Goods

Old 07-19-2012, 10:47 PM

It doesn't have a 5 star rating for no reason. They really keep you warm. Not so much in fashion though.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:57 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post

I love warm weather clothes! Cute sweaters, boots, coats, etc. I am cold-natured too. So I normally am in sleeves when everyone else is sweltering.

I live in a place that has "cold" weather for about two months. So, while I would love to dress for winter, we don't really have one.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:30 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Where I live...bundling up is not optional...it is needed...can be 20 below zero....that is without wind chill factored in! I dress less for fashion...more for function.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty