Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 04:28 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Of course, this whole thread hinges on the assumption that plastic surgery will make you look better. Often, plastic surgery just makes you look like you've had plastic surgery.
Untrue. The vast majority of people who have had plastic surgery you or I would not be able to detect. The average plastic surgery patient has 1-2 procedures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 04:32 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,973 times
This thread just shows how vapid and superficial society has become. Very sad.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:14 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times
"Vapid" and "superficial" must be one of the top 20 abused words on the internet.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:31 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
There are doctors in The Dominican Republic who do lipo for $2500.
Diet and exercise may or may not work.
Going straight for lipo without weight loss will make a woman look like a sexy cabbage patch.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Does this really impress you?

Maybe he loves her and they are a team in a committed relationship?

Maybe he is twice her age, married, and pays her way through school to keep her as his booty call?

I was actually offered by a man twice my age to put me through school in Florida if I would have a relationship with him because his marriage had become cold. Guess what I did...

I said no and two years later the endowment at a private college in Boston is putting me through school.

Sleep with gross old men to go to State College in Florida and feel like I must be hot to have some random guy put me through college vs. Better myself in solid, tangible ways through hard work and go to a prestigious New England university for FREE.

I see this as a way to help you look at the bigger picture. Focus on making your life FULL and HAPPY and good things and people will come into your life.

No man can give you exactly what you want out of life, why settle for whoever is willing to put you through school when you can do it on your own and get the respect you deserve?
maybe I should have given those old white men a chance

Old 07-24-2012, 07:13 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Me too! If I had it to do over, I would go for vapid, brainless, and beautiful!
I'm glad I got my education, don't get me wrong...but when I see cute, skinny, brainless women getting promoted above me or getting raises when I don't it really gets me thinking. I was told OUTRIGHT that I didn't receive a promotion because of my looks, and this was in an auto shop!

Sadly, a woman's looks will always have a HUGE part in her career whether we like it or not. It sucks needing to wear makeup while elbow deep in an engine. Or spending an hour getting ready in the morning to rivet some sheet metal. But, that's the way it is.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
It seems with all the focus on looks of women I would be better off getting plastic surgery than going back to get my degree.

Does it seem for women nowadays that its more profitable to get surgery to improve their looks vs getting a college degree?
There have been studies that prove beautiful people get treated better and make more money.
Also,plenty of people with Bachelor's Degrees who can't find employment.

What do you think?

Maybe I should have posted this in the non romantic relationships forum?
Or the Finanacial section under personal?
It would be wise to do both. Get a degree then find a good job to afford plastic surgery. Most minimum wage jobs do not pay enough to cover the cost of plastic surgery.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm glad I got my education, don't get me wrong...but when I see cute, skinny, brainless women getting promoted above me or getting raises when I don't it really gets me thinking. I was told OUTRIGHT that I didn't receive a promotion because of my looks, and this was in an auto shop!

Sadly, a woman's looks will always have a HUGE part in her career whether we like it or not. It sucks needing to wear makeup while elbow deep in an engine. Or spending an hour getting ready in the morning to rivet some sheet metal. But, that's the way it is.
How do you know who is getting a raise? I thought that type of stuff was confidential

Old 07-25-2012, 01:27 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post

I have noticed a pattern among the seven or so nurses and NAs I know. They are all more insecure than the other women I know. Two of them have augmentations...but thats besides the point. Maybe it has something to do with wearing scrubs all day in a virtually all female environment?
Many nurses go into the field because of their own unresolved dysfunction. I did. It's not surprising to me that you have noticed this.

The good news is that one can overcome, and nursing is an awesome, go anywhere career with many, many different avenues available.

The OP is right on schedule age-wise to deal with whatever is eating her. I started my journal of healing in my 30's too.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:35 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Quote:
I don't know if we are going off topic,but It does seem since I strated praying to God at 12 that's when all the taunts about looks started. But this is a very incredible burden to have,not being attractive.
Well you are the OP. Only you can determine if we are straying off topic. BUT, I personally think that anything that helps you look deep inside of you, to help you explore when & where these feelings all started is good. Very good. Otherwise, you're going to keep focused on solutions outside of yourself...thinking that is the answer. The original lie needs to be exposed. If you accepted and loved yourself, you wouldn't even be having these questions. If you are willing, at a minimum, you should think about what happened at 12. What changed in your life? Compare it to what was happening before 12. You don't have to talk about it here. Just think about it. Pray about it. You can do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty