Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 08:12 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times

Advertisements

I started a thread on this awhile back, but things seem to be ever changing.
  1. Sking changing (I feel more like a teenager)
  2. Hair is completely different
  3. Body is changing in SO many ways

HELP! What are some beauty secrets that helped you adjust???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 09:42 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,782 times
XANAX! We can't stop aging, just take care of yourself the best you can. I think for us females aging is cruel.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:12 AM

947 posts, read 1,643,569 times
My dermatologist has become my best friend. He tells me about all of the latest and greatest at home treatments to help keep skin aging at bay. Body moisturizers with a very mild compression wrap helps keep the skin elasticity. There are also some FDA cleared LED devices to help diminish wrinkles and promote collagen growth.

I use Kinerase moisturizer, eat lots of fruits and vegetables and try my best to get plenty of sleep. I also take a multi vitamin in the evening so that it's hitting my bloodstream just as I am falling off to sleep each nite. This way it feeds my body when it is working at an optimum for cell rejuvenation. I'm blessed with good genes and was never a sun worshiper so I don't have wrinkles - just a few small fine lines.

The only hair change I have had it's that it's gotten thicker over the years. Again, this is good genes. I'm sure one day I'll have to deal with the effects of aging on my hair.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:34 AM

Oh, I couldn't live without my Clarisonic Plus. My skin does not feel clean if I use something else and I do find moisturizers absorb better when I use it.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:15 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
XANAX! We can't stop aging, just take care of yourself the best you can. I think for us females aging is cruel.
Hardly....aging is never cruel....it's all in the mind....if you love who you are, and take care of yourself, aging can be very beautiful

Old 08-12-2012, 01:20 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,420,743 times
Shoegal . . . tell us some more about those compression wraps!

Old 08-12-2012, 01:49 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
I look at pictures of my Mother over the years and she looked so much better (to me) at 40 and 50 than she did at 20 and 30.

Apparently, she got some gray hair early - so she dyed her hair dark brown when younger - which did not go with her fair complexion at all.

Her hair was silver/blonde in her 40's and 50's and she had genetic, great skin. I do know that she didn't like getting older; her appearance was very important to her.

I like the saying that one poster put - 'be your best at every age'. That's about all we can do!

(Besides all the preventatives such as sunscreen, Retin A or some derivative, AHA/BHA, good moisturizer, etc.)

Old 08-12-2012, 02:31 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
I am not minding the aging (that much)

What is driving me crazy is I finally got a regime down for my hair, skin etc and it is all changing. My hair is completely different now, so figuring out what to do with it is nuts!

My skin now is like a teenager! I didn't have this much acne as I did when I was younger!

And my metabolism just is shot. It is awful. I exercise like crazy, eat healthy and it just doesn't matter.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:42 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Olay anti-wrinkle cream for mature skin. Not expensive, maybe $12 for a small jar that lasts forever. It took away all my crows feet lines.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I am not minding the aging (that much)

What is driving me crazy is I finally got a regime down for my hair, skin etc and it is all changing. My hair is completely different now, so figuring out what to do with it is nuts!

My skin now is like a teenager! I didn't have this much acne as I did when I was younger!

And my metabolism just is shot. It is awful. I exercise like crazy, eat healthy and it just doesn't matter.
Another reason my dermatologist is my best friend... adult acne and the retinols and differin gel are too harsh for my skin. I get a mild chemical peel 4x a year that keeps the acne in check. I'm like you I didn't have this problem when I was young.

My metabolism slowed too. I take dance lessons which helps immensely. Specifically latin, swing, disco, etc. they burn lots of calories in a short period of time. I've had periods of time when I couldn't exercise due to surgery and the only thing that took off the weight I gained was dancing and it took it off pretty quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty