Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 11:56 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Ummmm...because fat people are ugly? Why is everyone so afraid to admit it? And how the in the **** is fat feminine?! That sentence still hasn't fully sunk into my brain yet.

Please go to Mars....or somewhere!....
NO....heavier women are NOT "ugly"....at all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 02:14 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Quote:"A variety of hormonal problems can cause people to get fat in spite of a rigorous exercise regime. Thyroid is the most obvious. There can be all kinds of hormonal imbalances and other medical conditions that cause fat buildup"

This is ridiculous... ever read the laws of Thermodynamics? First, look at the extremes; if you eat 1M Calories a day, you will gain weight. If you eat zero Calories a day, you will lose weight. (unless Rudolf Clausius was wrong, NOT), so somewhere between 1M an 0 Calories a day you will be able to maintain a healthy weight. Simple enough.
Sorry it doesn't work that way. I am one of those people with thyroid issues. Here is a case in point.

Late last year, I gained around 12-15 pounds over about a 4 week period. My diet was the same, my exercise was the same. The only "new" thing is that I was really busy, and probably a bit stressed. I only slept 5-6 hours a night during that period. Instant weight gain.

For me, I am 2 years into being diagnosed and still trying to hit the right levels.

For those of us with thyroid issues, before your levels get regulated, it can cause weight gain. And other annoying symptoms like low energy and tiredness that can impact your weight. It is really hard to get motivated to exercise if you can hardly keep your eyes open.

There are people with eating issues. And other people with biochemistry that messes them up completely.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Please go to Mars....or somewhere!....
NO....heavier women are NOT "ugly"....at all!
People can be "fat" in a;; kinds of ways. And some people gain weight in a "lucky" way were is it concentrated in their breasts, hips and thighs. Others will gain only in their tummies. Others will gain all over. But weight isn't attractiveness. There are "thin" people who are not attractive. And thin people that are. Vice versa is true as well. And this is not to say that everyone has the same definition of fat.

Some people consider fat Kim Kardashian. Some say Jennifer Lopez is. Some say Mindy Khalin is. Other people say fat starts at Queen Latifah. And for someone else fat starts at Gabby Sidibe. There is no one definition of "fat."

Old 08-22-2012, 02:56 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
yourself. No, reread. A healthy amount of fat gives curves, excess hides them.
Not for everyone though. Some people actually lose the curves when they become slimmer.
Me,I'm weird. I lose whatever I have up top,(the breasts) but gain curves on my lower body because the waist to hip ratio drops.

Some people don't realize just because you see a fat person doesn't mean that all of it is fat.
Some people are like me,with bigger skeletons. My bones are just bigger. My bone mass is 6.9.
The average for a woman is 4 to 6.
The average for a man is 7 to 9.
That's something I can't change,whether I lose weight or not. Unless someone can tell onee how to lose bone mass without getting osteoporosis.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:16 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Not for everyone though. Some people actually lose the curves when they become slimmer.
Me,I'm weird. I lose whatever I have up top,(the breasts) but gain curves on my lower body because the waist to hip ratio drops.

Some people don't realize just because you see a fat person doesn't mean that all of it is fat.
Some people are like me,with bigger skeletons. My bones are just bigger. My bone mass is 6.9.
That's something I can't change,whether I lose weight or not. Unless someone can tell onee how to lose bone mass without getting osteoporosis.
Which is why I said a healthy amount of fat, not a healthy weight or healthy size. Excess body fat detracts from curves, rather than enhancing them.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

My mom is like you. Well she gains a tiny bit up top. Mostly at the bottom. When she is her "normal" size, she is flat chested and pear shaped.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
For all of the people that complain about fat people or call fat/overweight people ugly, etc there sure are a lot of men with fat wives/girlfriends as well as being fat themselves. Especially in the south, so many fat couples. Also in the midwest.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:36 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
LMAO, fat is fat people, and the majority of the world outside the US doesn't find it appealing one bit

OP, not all women (and men) distribute weight the same. Not all women gain weight and automatically just get big breasts, big hips and a round J-Lo butt. Th majority of people put weight on in the stomach and thighs-neither of which is attractive.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:51 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Fat = unhealthy = unattractive. Why would this be so difficult to understand?

Old 08-22-2012, 05:07 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Sorry it doesn't work that way. I am one of those people with thyroid issues. Here is a case in point.

Late last year, I gained around 12-15 pounds over about a 4 week period. My diet was the same, my exercise was the same. The only "new" thing is that I was really busy, and probably a bit stressed. I only slept 5-6 hours a night during that period. Instant weight gain.

For me, I am 2 years into being diagnosed and still trying to hit the right levels.

For those of us with thyroid issues, before your levels get regulated, it can cause weight gain. And other annoying symptoms like low energy and tiredness that can impact your weight. It is really hard to get motivated to exercise if you can hardly keep your eyes open.

There are people with eating issues. And other people with biochemistry that messes them up completely.
If you consume fewer calories than you burn (for the moment let's ignore water retention, as a simple diuretic can resolve that), then it is an undisputable fact that you will lose weight. Sorry, it does work that way. If it doesn't, will you get a patent on a perpetual motion machine?
You obviously did not adjust your caloric intake to compensate for a thyroid disorder. The Thermo laws still stand.

Last edited by SuperSparkle928; 08-22-2012 at 05:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty