Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 12:11 PM

245 posts, read 519,914 times

Advertisements

I don't find fat girls unattractive because they're fat. I find fat girls unattractive because they're probably fat because they let themselves go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,178 times
i don't have anything against any men or women that are overweight, but i don't understand people, especially overweight and out of shape women that are capable of changing their body to be healither but too lazy to do so and yes i'm talking only about the women that are too lazy to workout and not bc of their health issues. They are so jealous of beautiful women that are fit but won't do anything for themselves to be more fit and healither. If you are ugly and overweight and don't go hating on others that are putting in the time and energy to be more fit and healthy!

Old 03-27-2013, 03:16 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
^so much nonsense in that post, it is pointless to refute.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:35 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
^so much nonsense in that post, it is pointless to refute.
It's just irritating that people equate 'thin' with 'healthy' and 'overweight' with 'unhealthy'. I've known some ridiculously unhealthy thin people and some very healthy overweight people.

I mean, if you're attracted to thin people, just say so...don't sugar coat it with 'because they're healthy' because that's BS.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:03 PM

175 posts, read 279,483 times
Different folks for different strokes.

I'm fat and I don't think I'm ugly. I just don't think my attractiveness or anyone else's can be disqualified because we do not personify current societal ideals.

There are people who wouldn't touch me with a 10-foot pole because of it.

Ask me if I care. I'll save you some time. The answer is no.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:01 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,399 times
[quote=Jordyloves;26664567]I don't find fat girls unattractive because they're fat. I find fat girls unattractive because they're probably fat because they let themselves go.[/quote]

Good point!

I don't associate the word fat with ugly or unattractive in men or women. To me it's more about attitude and lifestyle so I tend to associate the word with laziness and sloth. Not all fat people are lazy though. Some have serious medical conditions that make it hard for them to lose weight or maintain a specific body shape.

A woman with a few extra pounds can be very beautiful and sexy! Her positive attitude and how she carries herself without being arrogant, speaks volumes. Nothing wrong with that at all. There's a reason why the saying "Big, Bold and Beautiful" has stood the test of time. There are women I know who fit this description to a "T" and they are very proud of themselves.

The only ladies I've known who have issues and take offense to being called big, bold and beautiful, are the serious hardcore, hefty ladies with more that just a few pounds of fat. Some are staunch "agenda feminists" and you know any subject about weight is very, very, very touchy to them. These women abhor being referred to as big in any way shape or form even though they are. They won't accept their size or shape and they are far beyond what I would call "voluptuous."

Old 04-12-2013, 02:18 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyandhealthy2 View Post
i don't have anything against any men or women that are overweight, but i don't understand people, especially overweight and out of shape women that are capable of changing their body to be healither but too lazy to do so and yes i'm talking only about the women that are too lazy to workout and not bc of their health issues. They are so jealous of beautiful women that are fit but won't do anything for themselves to be more fit and healither. If you are ugly and overweight and don't go hating on others that are putting in the time and energy to be more fit and healthy!
I think some people are fat and unhealthy because they are depressed. They probably will not admit it, but they can never visualize themselves as happy and more slender and more healthy. They are in a rut. You, feeling superior to them, is not helping matters any.

You probably feel as though you worked hard to be what you are and they are trying to drag you back down. Try to find strength within yourself and maybe help them. At least try to understand where they are coming from and overlook it. Be thankful for what you have.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think some people are fat and unhealthy because they are depressed. They probably will not admit it, but they can never visualize themselves as happy and more slender and more healthy. They are in a rut. You, feeling superior to them, is not helping matters any.

You probably feel as though you worked hard to be what you are and they are trying to drag you back down. Try to find strength within yourself and maybe help them. At least try to understand where they are coming from and overlook it. Be thankful for what you have.
The bolded is interesting because most of the thin people I know put ZERO effort into remaining thin. They are what you call 'skinny fat' and simply have naturally high metabolisms. Some people work very hard to stay thin and fit, but I've found many people are just naturally like that and they think it's soooo easy to stay that way and put down overweight people because of that.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:13 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The bolded is interesting because most of the thin people I know put ZERO effort into remaining thin. They are what you call 'skinny fat' and simply have naturally high metabolisms. Some people work very hard to stay thin and fit, but I've found many people are just naturally like that and they think it's soooo easy to stay that way and put down overweight people because of that.
That's a good point, and is correct for some people.
I am far from slender but my mother, who has a similar body type, dieted all her life. She rarely sat down for a full meal, but nibbled lightly all during the day. She was normal height, 5'4", and weighed about 120' all her life.

I think Barbara Walters does that, too. She said she goes to dinners and just cuts the food and moves it around on her plate most of the time. Look at Mika Brezinski - I think she is on a life long diet. I think a lot of thin women have strong minds and a lot of self discipline. I think they are better people than I in this respect and I admire them. For me personally, saying I have fat genes or some other condition is just taking the easy way out. I'd be making an excuse for my own failures of character. Hey, we can't all be perfect.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:52 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
It is unattractive and I don't understand how women who are overweight complain about it being hard to find a man. Men like feminine and thin women. Period. So instead of waiting around for a man to drop out of the sky, why don't you work on yourself and just lose the weight? You'll find when you start putting effort into your looks and overall health by being fit, men will take notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty