Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 09:48 PM

342 posts, read 437,832 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV75FYR_0xs
What do you think Ladies about skirt length? Yes, no? Is that skirt/dress length going to be a trend & mainstream this spring summer? Personally, I love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 09:59 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
This again. I remember this being popular for a time when I was a teen. My boy freind at the time was not a fan lol. I personally like it, but it only works if you have the right body shape for the look. If you are not very slender that look might make you look frumpy.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:07 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Looks dowdy. Hate that length...

Old 02-08-2016, 11:45 AM

780 posts, read 678,212 times
My mom decluttered her closet and it was pouring with skirts this length. She's mid-60's now. I think she used to wear it in her 30's-40's.

It's Chanel, it'll be mainstream.

The sad part of our society does nothing but follows the trend. It doesn't matter what the style is, as long as the 'big guys' put it out there and celebrities flaunt it, done deal! It will be a mainstream.

I should have kept my mother's old skirts....darnit!

Fashion just recycles itself every few decades.

Last edited by aliwalas; 02-08-2016 at 12:24 PM..

Old 02-08-2016, 12:13 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,550 times
I like some of this stuff and love the bamboo house and music. Well done! The collars are amazing and really shows-off the neck and accents the back. Very sexy. Of course on some of these skirts, the circle to walk in with your lower legs, is about 20" in diameter or smaller. I can see why Chanel chose cork shoes, which are light for a high-heel. One thing about this, is the body frame will have to be small in order to wear most of these clothes.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:58 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
I can't stop laughing, no really, is that some kind of bad joke. Let's throw women into a box or some kind of reference, maybe Stepford wive's type fashion show. I must be missing the punchline, I assume they cute the video before the punchline right?

And yes, I get it was couture, not for everyone. but some will buy into anything most of the time in that world.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:58 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,364,292 times
I love this length. It would work with either slender heels like stilettos, or with wedges. Interesting silhouettes. They remind me of the 1930s a bit.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:05 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,364,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I can't stop laughing, no really, is that some kind of bad joke. Let's throw women into a box or some kind of reference, maybe Stepford wive's type fashion show. I must be missing the punchline, I assume they cute the video before the punchline right?

And yes, I get it was couture, not for everyone. but some will buy into anything most of the time in that world.
The thing is, these "bleeding edge" fashions by designers end up trickling down onto the clothing racks at the local mall. Soon, it's all that's available to buy. We all (women anyway) wind up wearing it, whether we want to or not.

The big fashion shows are competitive... designers who get rave reviews for a particular show will have the most influence on what the year's fashions will look like on main street. Designers who get poor receptions following a show will have their "experiments" forgotten, and the cheaper brands won't produce knock offs. A successful show means a designer gets to influence the overall "look" that women wind up buying for a year or two out.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:10 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
The thing is, these "bleeding edge" fashions by designers end up trickling down onto the clothing racks at the local mall. Soon, it's all that's available to buy. We all (women anyway) wind up wearing it, whether we want to or not.

The big fashion shows are competitive... designers who get rave reviews for a particular show will have the most influence on what the year's fashions will look like on main street. Designers who get poor receptions following a show will have their "experiments" forgotten, and the cheaper brands won't produce knock offs. A successful show means a designer gets to influence the overall "look" that women wind up buying for a year or two out.
I know, and I'll probably have one piece or another in my closet if I don't already. I don't mind the length all that much, it was more the presentation if anything. Nah, a lot of the styles too.

I remember I took too long to rid myself of wearing my jeans with the floral patterns on them and six years later they're coming back in fashion. Well at least I recently saw them in a fashion spread about a week ago saying the were a hot new fashion. Glad I have a couple of pairs tucked away at the back of my closet, I just knew if I gave it time.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:51 AM

5 posts, read 5,795 times
I really love these summer dresses. Hope I will buy them in the upcoming summer/spring season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty