Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 11:59 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Class equals their paycheck? What a trainwreck of a statement. I think you are fooling yourself if you think a guys financial status directs him to prefer a certain body style.

For the record I'm a white guy who prefers very curvy women.
That poster isn't very well informed. I can tell by her comments.

She most likely is talking about the people within her circle. I don't think she interacts very frequently with AA men that are upper class, because if she did, she'd know that a good amount actually tend to prefer curvier women. And I agree with the bolded.

Maybe I don't hang out with the folks she does, but of the men I know that are upper middle class and upper class, the women they tend to be with vary in body types. While I can safely say that it's rare for me to seen men in the upper middle-to upper class bracket with fat women, I have seen them with moderately overweight women, average sized women, thin women, and super thin women. At least amongst AA men. Amongst white men, while typically the women are thin, I've seen upper middle white men with curvy women as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 01:04 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
still stereotyping to make yourself feel superior I see...lots of you love to try to put people into a box. you can't use a person's weight to determine their socioeconomic class
Huh? It's not stereotyping when it's true. By no means do all people of low socioeconomic status have a high BMI and by no means do all people of a high socioeconomic status have a low BMI, but there is an undeniable inverse correlation between class and BMI.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:53 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
So if a woman has big boobs and a hour glass shape and she is educated then what? Does her sexiness cancel out that? I wager that if you have a Kim Kardashian type looking girl and a thin fashion model type both at a party and they are both refined educated women the Kardashian type woman will have more attention from the men no matter how upscale the party is.

I don't know about that. Men might want to *** Kim Kardashian. But did anyone watch the U.S. Open over the last few weeks? The wives and girlfriends of the players were virtual clones ----- even-featured long-haired slim model-types, they often were models. I didn't see a single one who had a Kim Kardashian type figure. These tennis player stars are fit, glamorous and make millions ---- who do they pick for their mates? You see the same thing with wives of the race car drivers, soccer players (especially) or other top athletes. Look who David Beckham is with, a reed thin Victoria Beckham, not a Kim Kardashian. Look at Kate Middleton. Take a look at Michael Phelp's girlfriend, below.

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 05:41 PM..

Old 09-12-2012, 06:18 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't know about that. Men might want to *** Kim Kardashian. But did anyone watch the U.S. Open over the last few weeks? The wives and girlfriends of the players were virtual clones ----- even-featured long-haired slim model-types, they often were models. I didn't see a single one who had a Kim Kardashian type figure. These tennis player stars are fit, glamorous and make millions ---- who do they pick for their mates? You see the same thing with wives of the race car drivers, soccer players (especially) or other top athletes. Look who David Beckham is with, a reed thin Victoria Beckham, not a Kim Kardashian. Look at Kate Middleton. Take a look at Michael Phelp's girlfriend, below.

Yes and I believe there is difference between who men just want to **** and who men actually want to be with.

I bet they all looked like Brooklyn Decker clones.

Kim Kardashian's figure could easily be played down if she wore more age appropriate attire and/or didn't have a boob job. She is pushing 40 and dresses like a 20 year old that's ready to go to a night club.

I think part of the equation is carrying yourself with dignity and dressing like a lady which will also lend some slimming effects as opposed to letting your cleavage fall out of your blouse and never venturing out of bottoms that aren't made of something reminiscent of yoga pant material.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:21 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
So if a woman has big boobs and a hour glass shape and she is educated then what? Does her sexiness cancel out that?
Yes. If a woman is good-looking and especially if she is sexy, some people will always assume she slept her way to where she is. They are mesmerized by the big boobs and forget she might have a brain too. Women like Kim Kardashian don't help the stereotype.

Quote:
I wager that if you have a Kim Kardashian type looking girl and a thin fashion model type both at a party and they are both refined educated women the Kardashian type woman will have more attention from the men no matter how upscale the party is.
The sexy bombshell is more frequently seen as the mistress, the trophy wife, the bimbo. Marilyn vs. Jackie. Mae vs. Grace. Mary Ann vs. Ginger. In order to be taken seriously, the bombshell has to dress more conservatively, much more conservatively than her slender counterpart. In other words, in order for Kim to truly compete with someone like Ivanka Trump, she has to stop looking like herself.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:35 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
. I didn't see a single one who had a Kim Kardashian type figure.

Well there is the point, the comments are that maybe guys would like to ****. So that basically affirms that curvy is seen as sexy and also the fact is curvy isn't exactly seen too often so that means supply a demand. Why do you think J Lo and Kardashian get so much attention? Because of their body that is why although J Lo offers certain talent otherwise. So if slender & thin were so attractive don't you think there would be as much press about that?

Look, slender or not curvy women are seen as sexy as well by many men, but the fact is T&A drives a fair amount of men like myself crazy. The comment about upper class prefering slender is stupid though.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:03 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post

Kim Kardashian's figure could easily be played down if she wore more age appropriate attire and/or didn't have a boob job. She is pushing 40 and dresses like a 20 year old that's ready to go to a night club.
Pushing 40? She is like 32.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:27 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Kim K is thin.....

I think when the general population means curvy,they are more along the lines of 140 to 200 pounds.
Kim K is 120? How thin can you get?

In other words,Kim is just as thin as the fashion models.
Once you remove the implants,that's what she would really look like......a fashion model.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Kim K is thin.....

I think when the general population means curvy,they are more along the lines of 140 to 200 pounds.
Kim K is 120? How thin can you get?

In other words,Kim is just as thin as the fashion models.
Once you remove the implants,that's what she would really look like......a fashion model.
Uhhhh no.

120 on a 5'2 woman is quite a bit different than 120 on a 5'10 woman. And whether you think Kim Kardashian has fake breasts or butts, she still has rather wide hips and a small waist, so no matter how you slice it she is curvy. There are many reasons to dislike her, but when you start calling her a skinny, naturally curveless model shape (which is silly, models come in every shape and size), you're just kidding yourself.

She is slim and she is curvy, it's entirely possible to be both. Heck, I consider myself both.

I wonder if there's an equivalent to Godwin's Law for Kim Kardashian. She shows up in every other conversation.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:53 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Uhhhh no.

120 on a 5'2 woman is quite a bit different than 120 on a 5'10 woman. And whether you think Kim Kardashian has fake breasts or butts, she still has rather wide hips and a small waist, so no matter how you slice it she is curvy. There are many reasons to dislike her, but when you start calling her a skinny, naturally curveless model shape (which is silly, models come in every shape and size), you're just kidding yourself.

She is slim and she is curvy, it's entirely possible to be both. Heck, I consider myself both.

I wonder if there's an equivalent to Godwin's Law for Kim Kardashian. She shows up in every other conversation.
Kim Kardashian is NOT slim. She has a small waist but that doesn't make her slim.

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2014 at 07:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty