Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 11:25 AM

499 posts, read 754,546 times

Advertisements

I just read the thread where some guy asked "Am I attractive". A lot of women there said stuff like "I wouldn't consider you hot, but cute).

So give 3 examples

1. Of who is HOT
2. Of who is CUTE
3. Of who is unattractive

Use a celebrity photo, or use an image of someone you know (or even yourself).

Some women have called me hot, some have said I was just "cute", some said "no thanks, I'll pass"

If you get this reaction from your target audience, then I'd say you're "Handsome" (guy), "Pretty" (woman), which means you can do okay. (6-8/10).

Hot = Everyone or the Majority wants a piece of you (9-10/10)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 11:37 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,757,826 times
Just talking about faces (because a cute guy who beefs up might then be called hot), here's my point of view:

Hot: Ian harding- almost too much of a pretty boy to be hot, but way too hot to be cute.
Cute: Josh Hutcherson- AKA Peeta Mellark. Boyish, but not creepily young.
No Thanks: Simon Baker- The Mentalist. Ick.

Keep in mind, sometimes "cute" just means you're okay looking. Not bad enough to be a turn off but not the kind of guy who invades your dreams.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:50 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,352,538 times
I think definitions of Hot, Cute and Unattractive will vary greatly with age differences.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,087,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I think definitions of Hot, Cute and Unattractive will vary greatly with age differences.
And will vary by woman. Some people's "hot" is someone else's "meh."

For me:
Hot: Joe Manganiello
Cute: Paul Rudd
No thanks: Chris Hemsworth

Old 08-28-2012, 11:57 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,694,357 times
Well I am going to put it out there, I tend to like cute (which is boyish in my book) over handsome. You can be cute and hot and handsome and hot. And of course neither. Hot for me requires something a little more than just attractiveness. Usually charisma, attitude or body can push you over into hot for me. Otherwise you are only *good looking.*

Hot and handsome: Idris Elba (the accent and the swag push him over)
Hot and cute: Matt Bomer (not sure what pushes him over, he isn't really my type)
Used to be hot: Tyson Beckford (he got eliminated from the hot list saying way too much stupid stuff)

Just cute: Chace Crawford (he is a little pretty boy too), Bradley Cooper when he has short hair, Mario Lopez
No thanks: Ryan Gosling

I feel like I can think of better real life examples.....

Old 08-28-2012, 12:02 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,541,081 times
Hot: Christian Bale, Joe Manganiello, Johnny Depp. That shirtless dude at the end of School of Rock hitting on Joan Cusack.

Cute: Mark Ruffalo, Matt Damon, Chris Pine. Jim from The Office.

I don't like to make "ugly" lists, but I will say that a few common celebrity crushes do nothing for me: Ben Foster, Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper.

For me, there's also a Handsome category, where men are remarkably good-looking but rather bloodless. I like looking at them but don't find them particularly sexy: Jon Hamm, Timothy Olyphant, Daniel Craig.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:15 PM

Never heard the term "bloodless". What does that mean?

Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,541,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Never heard the term "bloodless". What does that mean?
Cold, emotionless, no inner fire. I don't know these people, of course, but we are talking about their looks. I don't mean that they look cruel or inhuman ... just that despite being very handsome, they don't spark anything within me. I can admire them as I would a painting or statue, but I don't desire them. They could be robots or mannequins--bloodless.

The guy who played David in Prometheus, who was also young Magneto in the last X-Men, he's another one.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Cold, emotionless, no inner fire. I don't know these people, of course, but we are talking about their looks. I don't mean that they look cruel or inhuman ... just that despite being very handsome, they don't spark anything within me. I can admire them as I would a painting or statue, but I don't desire them. They could be robots or mannequins--bloodless.

The guy who played David in Prometheus, who was also young Magneto in the last X-Men, he's another one.

Interesting..... So what would one of those types have to do to create that inner spark?

Old 08-28-2012, 12:48 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,961,628 times
Let's see:

Hot = Laying on the beach when the sun is out

Cute = In a lounge chair next to the indoor pool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty