Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 05:26 PM

506 posts, read 1,160,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I don't understand the question. Do you consider lightskinned Black people to be white or hispanic? I know if I bleach I will still be considered Black or a woman of color. I just want to look lighter because men seem to find it more attractive, and often you get treated better by society.
If you have the choice to be (A) Hispanic/Asian/White Girl or (B) the way you are just now, which one would you choose.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:29 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Quote:
Yes, it's the same woman. There was a lot of controversy surrounding what she did. Her name is MsHoza and she is from Africa. The Africans seem to have figured out what works on making darkskin significantly lighter. However, its not like that over here in America. There are more products to help white people tan, but not help black people get lighter. I called a few dermatology clinics and they don't have any resources to give me the results I want. I can't afford to go over to Africa and then pay for treatment. I wish I could.
If that is the same woman I would have to venture to say that she has done well more than skin bleaching.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:55 PM

499 posts, read 756,570 times
Quote:
Less acceptance by other races (even those inside your race)
Poor service when you go dining, retail
Less overall respect by society

Its not just about finding a man, but the fact that universally many people find lighter toned individuals less threatening and they tend to be much more accepting of them.
Lol, this is exactly how short men are treated (EXACTLY), yet we still manage to find ways to be happy, confident, get married and succeed. You need to suck it up and deal with where you are. Confidence and being comfortable in your own skin will get you a lot further in life.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:35 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset2000 View Post
If you have the choice to be (A) Hispanic/Asian/White Girl or (B) the way you are just now, which one would you choose.
Hispanic is not a race. And there are black hispanics. Why do you keep implying that lighterskinned means wanting to be white or another race? You do know that you can be light and Black at the same time...

Old 09-02-2012, 07:24 PM

701 posts, read 1,562,753 times
Quote:
Less acceptance by other races (even those inside your race)
Poor service when you go dining, retail
Less overall respect by society

Its not just about finding a man, but the fact that universally many people find lighter toned individuals less threatening and they tend to be much more accepting of them.
So, instead of fighting to reverse institutional racism in our society by loving yourself and refusing to let other people put you down for being a dark-skinned woman, you fold and try to become what you think will make you become accepted?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:06 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,680 times
LOL it doesnt even look like the same woman if you want to see a great example of skin bleaching google the lovely the talented Sammy Sosa.... His bleaching looks natural and perfect....

Old 09-02-2012, 08:11 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
OMG he looks horrible!

Old 09-02-2012, 08:18 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
OMG he looks horrible!

Hmmm are you sure? I think his skin bleaching looks perfect its undetectable and anyone who says otherwise is just jealous

Old 09-02-2012, 09:13 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,907,527 times
It sounds dangerous/unhealthy. Anything that can make one's epidermis permanently lighter sounds pretty freaky.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:43 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Quote:
Yes, it's the same woman. There was a lot of controversy surrounding what she did. Her name is MsHoza and she is from Africa. The Africans seem to have figured out what works on making darkskin significantly lighter. However, its not like that over here in America. There are more products to help white people tan, but not help black people get lighter. I called a few dermatology clinics and they don't have any resources to give me the results I want. I can't afford to go over to Africa and then pay for treatment. I wish I could.
You could ask the Indians,they love bleaching their skin too.
Some Hispanics know too,because it is big among some countries(Sammy Sosa and the DR)

I thought Nyanna was kidding UNTiL I overheard a patient of mine and his friend(an Indian guy and his black american male friend) talking negatively about dark skinned women.

Nyanna,you can purchase hydroquinone 10% off the internet and see how it works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty