Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 04:18 PM

559 posts, read 1,394,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
that song is horrible. Is she from housewives of NYC?
LOL definitely not a Grammy contender. Yes she is from that show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 04:23 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Money can't buy you class but it can buy you some time in a recording studio even if your "singing" sounds like slinging a bag of cats against the wall.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:25 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Rape is about power. It has zilch to do with a man getting sexually excited.
Otherwise,only beautiful people would get raped,but that's not the case.
I don't think any of this is necessarily true. I don't believe anyone really knows what is going through a rapist's mind immediately before and during the act. There was a study conducted in which convicted rapists were simply asked why they did it and they answered that sexual access was "in whole or part of their motivation to rape".

Thornhill, R. & Palmer, C.T. (2000). A Natural History of Rape: Biological Bases of Sexual Coercion. Massachusetts: Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

As for "only beautiful poeple would get raped", I don't think looks would have anything to do with that sort of uncontrolled/uncontrollable urge. To put it bluntly, sex is sex to these people, no matter where it comes from.

Now... Someone wanna remind me how we got here from "Where are the classy women"? Lol.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:05 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Can we please stop talking about rape in a thread about inappropriate wedding attire?

Old 09-06-2012, 09:28 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
^^^seriously...what the hell happened here?

Old 09-06-2012, 10:08 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
^^^seriously...what the hell happened here?
Sorry,I got off track.
But someone mentioned that if their nephews saw their Aunt in a trashy outfit that the nephews might have sexual thoughts about their aunt. I just have never heard of nephews having sexual thoughts about a Aunt,esp an old one.

You learn something new everyday.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:21 AM

840 posts, read 1,146,598 times
It's part of today's fashion to show a good amount of skin. So if you want to look on trend, the likelihood is you will. Some shirts I wear (partially due to my body type) get a great deal of attention and disapproval from my parents, older generation of my ethnic background or people generally if I were to visit my native country when I thought that that's quite common, at least here in Southern California and I would have to work pretty hard to find something with a higher neckline if I were to go shopping in normal stores.

I'm in my twenties so not much shock me but there are some times like an intern who wear a backless short dress to WORK in an office environment where there's no contact with clients (when I would consider that more club wear if they really were looking for attention) makes me do a double take but considering her age (18-20ish) , it's understandable.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:21 AM

382 posts, read 803,769 times
Everybody and I mean everybody has some "white trash" in them. Nobody is 100% classy.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:46 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
It's part of today's fashion to show a good amount of skin. So if you want to look on trend, the likelihood is you will. Some shirts I wear (partially due to my body type) get a great deal of attention and disapproval from my parents, older generation of my ethnic background or people generally if I were to visit my native country when I thought that that's quite common, at least here in Southern California and I would have to work pretty hard to find something with a higher neckline if I were to go shopping in normal stores.

I'm in my twenties so not much shock me but there are some times like an intern who wear a backless short dress to WORK in an office environment where there's no contact with clients (when I would consider that more club wear if they really were looking for attention) makes me do a double take but considering her age (18-20ish) , it's understandable.
No, I don't think it's understandable to wear that in an office no matter how old you are. It's common sense. If you're going to the club then fine, wear whatever you want. If you're going to a wedding or to work cover it up some. You don't have to dress like an 80 year old grandmother to look attractive, just be reasonable that's all I'm saying.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:08 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,118 times
Girls aren't raised properly anymore.
It's sad.
You don't have to look like a hooker to be attractive, to say the least....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty