Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 11:29 PM

17 posts, read 21,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Its far better to circumcise a baby than it is for an adult to have it done to himself.
How about NOT DOING IT AT ALL AT ANY AGE since it's a part of the male body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis
Also, ive never known any man curse his parents for their choice to circumcise him.
There are plenty of websites out there filled with men who are mad that they were mutilated against their consent. There is an even a website dedicated to men whose infant circumcision was botched and now they can't have sex AT ALL. Meaning that because a healthy part of their body was NEEDLESSLY removed, they now never get to experience sex and if they want children they have to pay hundreds of dollars to have their sperm removed and artificially impregnated into a woman (if there are any out there who would agree to marry a man who they can't have sex with).

Quote:
And it is the parents religious beliefs to have it done. Their child can make his own decisions later on in life. Just as the child gets a haircut when the parents want and eats what the parents want to feed him. Its their choice, not his.
Comparing a haircut or food to the forceable removal FOR LIFE of a body part is not valid at all. Religion is the poorest excuse to mutilate a child.

Quote:
Again, lets not get this thread turned into a "cut or uncut" debate.
Yes, let's do that, since as I already said this thread is about how Americans view the male body as ugly and the main reason why Americans circumcise is because they think the foreskin is ugly. If you have a problem you can always stop replying to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 11:34 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,853 times
I think this is a personal issue for you. This thread is about the overall attractiveness of the male body, not a "should we circumcise our sons or not" debate.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:38 PM

17 posts, read 21,115 times
Quote:
I think this is a personal issue for you. This thread is about the overall attractiveness of the male body, not a "should we circumcise our sons or not" debate.
What part of "the reason circumcision is done is because foreskin is considered UGLY" doesn't have anything to do with attractiveness of the male body? Like I've said three times already, circumcision is done because foreskin is considered UNATTRACTIVE. This thread is about the attractiveness of the male body. I don't understand why you can't understand this simple concept. I am not going to leave this thread so like I said, if you have a problem with my comments just ignore me.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:24 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
That is a religious choice as well as a hygienic one. Its also a discussion for another thread (and forum imo).
And a medical and preventitive choice like tonsul or apendix removal. The AAP American Academy of Pediatrics says the Benefits outweigh the risks and then says it should be left up to the parents. My cousin unforntunately had it done at an older age due to extreme phimosis which is found in 10% of new borns.

Sorry I digress. Back to the topic. A Mans body can easily be found as attractive as a female. Ive never met a woman in my life who hasn't appreciated mine.."Thank you to all the appreciative women in my life"

Old 06-25-2014, 11:17 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwitch View Post
How about NOT DOING IT AT ALL AT ANY AGE since it's a part of the male body?

There are plenty of websites out there filled with men who are mad that they were mutilated against their consent. There is an even a website dedicated to men whose infant circumcision was botched and now they can't have sex AT ALL. Meaning that because a healthy part of their body was NEEDLESSLY removed, they now never get to experience sex and if they want children they have to pay hundreds of dollars to have their sperm removed and artificially impregnated into a woman (if there are any out there who would agree to marry a man who they can't have sex with).

Comparing a haircut or food to the forceable removal FOR LIFE of a body part is not valid at all. Religion is the poorest excuse to mutilate a child.

Yes, let's do that, since as I already said this thread is about how Americans view the male body as ugly and the main reason why Americans circumcise is because they think the foreskin is ugly. If you have a problem you can always stop replying to me.

I agree, I have 3 sons in their late 20's (triplets) and they were not cut, haven't had any complaints from them as to why we did not have them cut......this is how God made the male body, it isnt up to us to cut a part off, because we think it is "whatever" to do this.

but back on topic.

It seems Americans have a "the male body is ugly syndrome".

have any of you ever seen some womens bodies, talk about ugly......

I for one absolutely do not see the male body as ugly, maybe because I have one.

Old 06-25-2014, 01:49 PM

241 posts, read 360,030 times
This thread seems to have turned into nothing but a petty gender war.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:17 PM

Also people are clueless if they think America is the only country that "hates" the male body. Other cultures might not circumcisize their sons and wear smaller trunks to the beach, but it's not like their media worships the male body. They might be even worse in that regard, especially Latin America & Eastern European countries.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:34 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
This thread seems to have turned into nothing but a petty gender war.
See, these are the kind of comments that infuriate other people. You are likely to start fights by saying such stuff. What in essence people are saying is that when a man wants to reveal a bit of skin to stay comfortable, they are ridiculed for their clothing choice, body shape, and so on. However, men these days are supposed to keep their mouth shut about women wearing inappropriate clothing. This might not be the way you think, but its the way in which things are headed.

I no longer care what others think about my clothing choice. If it makes me happy, looks decent for the situation, and my loved ones feel comfortable with me wearing such clothes, then that's the end of it.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-25-2014 at 05:43 PM..

Old 06-25-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
See, these are the kind of comments that infuriate other people. It looks like you are about to start fights by saying such stuff. What in essence people are saying is that when a man wants to reveal a bit of skin to stay comfortable, they are ridiculed for their clothing choice, body shape, and so on. However, men these days are supposed to keep their mouth shut about women wearing inappropriate clothing. This might not be the way you think, but its the way in which things are headed.

I no longer care what others think about my clothing choice. If it makes me happy, looks reasonably decent for the situation, and my loved ones feel comfortable with me wearing such clothes, then that's the end of it.
Then wear what you want, no one is stopping you. You honestly don't think women NEVER get mocked for the clothes they wear? In my experience if a man wears something revealing people usually find it funny or cute. A women will usually get all sorts of nasty comments about her character and morals.

If people make petty comments about your appearance or what you are wearing that's their problem.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:51 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
Then wear what you want, no one is stopping you. You honestly don't think women NEVER get mocked for the clothes they wear? In my experience if a man wears something revealing people usually find it funny or cute. A women will usually get all sorts of nasty comments about her character and morals.
For women, less is more. Men appreciate a hot women who reveals herself, and really don't care about women who wear inappropriate clothes. For men, you have to wear the same old shirt and pant to be considered handsome, regardless of how you look. God forbid we get fancy, women will start asking questions about our sexual orientations.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-25-2014 at 06:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty