Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 08:02 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Yes I've heard about her. I saw a programme on her on TV or the internet. Very inspiring, calling her 'ugly' is just cruel, she has a condition. It's an inspiration that she can go on and have a happy life, even if she doesn't meet all her goals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 08:02 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
dont try to twist the concept around. you think its pointless for women to dress up if they dont get any attention from men. and lizzie is not a conventional beauty and she still takes pride in her appearance. i am subscribed to her channel on youtube..and i enjoy watching her, she always wears cute accessories

I don't have to try and twist anything around. I say exactly what I mean. This is the last time I'm explaining this to you: I decided it was pointless for myself to go all out with a lot of make up and dress in a fashion style that didn't suit me in ORDER TO ATTRACT MEN. SO instead I wear the clothes that I like that aren't necessarily attractive to men and I don't wear make up because I don't want to. What part don't you 'get' about that?

If some woman like yourself wants to wear make up and dress in whatever way, whether you get attention or not, what the hell do I care? And better yet, why do you care if I care?

You seem to have a hard time comprehending that just because a woman doesn't dress very sexy or wear a lot of make up she is automatically a slob. I said none of these things about my own appearance.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:03 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Great story.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:03 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,382 times
Quote:
i think she can find someone. those twins who are attached by the head both have boyfriends...so lizzie shouldn't have a problem

hmmm, never heard of that. I guess it would always be a 3some there.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I think it's amazing that she has grown up living what sounds like a rather normal life despite a condition that could have destroyed her physically and emotionally.

I am afraid that she won't meet one of her goals, though. She faces a huge obstacle in finding a partner who won't be scared off by her looks. She almost certainly can't have genetic children, even through a surrogate, and she would likely have a very difficult time adopting a child as a single mother because of her precarious health condition. But I hope she is able to find happiness with a different kind of family, one that is made up of relatives and friends and people she has helped through her motivational speaking.

I agree with this, a lot of people out there who think they are very 'ugly' probably do not have any kind of genetic disorder anywhere near like what she has. She probably spend her time with friends and family members then

Old 09-13-2012, 08:07 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
You know I was only a few pounds away from being her baby weight.

I don't think she's ugly at all. The people who scorn her for what she looks like are horrible people and they should get educated on her disease. I saw that video as well and honestly I didn't think that at all, and some of those posts are incredibly hurtful. Mae me angry for being human.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:08 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't have to try and twist anything around. I say exactly what I mean. This is the last time I'm explaining this to you: I decided it was pointless for myself to go all out with a lot of make up and dress in a fashion style that didn't suit me in ORDER TO ATTRACT MEN. SO instead I wear the clothes that I like that aren't necessarily attractive to men and I don't wear make up because I don't want to. What part don't you 'get' about that?

If some woman like yourself wants to wear make up and dress in whatever way, whether you get attention or not, what the hell do I care? And better yet, why do you care if I care?
you were making a lot of snarky remarks about why I dress up and wear makeup since i don't get attention from men. now you are twisting things around a bit trying to be slick.

Quote:
You seem to have a hard time comprehending that just because a woman doesn't dress very sexy or wear a lot of make up she is automatically a slob. I said none of these things about my own appearance.
okay, you just have this 'i give up on life' attitude so I felt the same thing applied to your looks. sorry for taking it the wrong way

Old 09-13-2012, 08:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Awesome story - thanks for posting it!

Old 09-13-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
you were making a lot of snarky remarks about why I dress up and wear makeup since i don't get attention from men. now you are twisting things around a bit trying to be slick.

okay, you just have this 'i give up on life' attitude so I felt the same thing applied to your looks. sorry for taking it the wrong way

I'm not going to discuss it anymore Nyanna, I don't care what you do, how you dress, or how you oil your booty. the end.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Awesome story - thanks for posting it!
anyways: this post was for people that feel they are so ugly, to look at this woman's life. Maybe they are not as ugly as they think. (not holding her up to be some 'ugly measuring stick' or anything) just saying, you know what I mean. there's a lot of people on here that say they are very, very ugly all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty