Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:10 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
There were some examples there where the woman should not have had implants in my opinion. Some of the 'As' were really 'Bs' too.
I'm glad you stated "in your opinion". People have their own ideals about their bodies should look like. I just posted that link so people can see thousands of boob jobs so they can see how great the result is on average.

Re-posting: https://www.loveyourlook.com/breast/....aspx?ID=23922
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 05:48 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I'm glad you stated "in your opinion". People have their own ideals about their bodies should look like. I just posted that link so people can see thousands of boob jobs so they can see how great the result is on average.

Re-posting: https://www.loveyourlook.com/breast/....aspx?ID=23922
Of course, Everyone has to do right by thenselves. Nerve damage and loss of sensitivity is the only thing that bothers me when it comes to boob jobs. That and poorly done boob jobs.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:52 PM

Nerve damage/sensitivity loss invariably happens in the short-term, but is exceedingly rare in the long term.

And there is a plethora of board certified plastic surgeons who do augmentations regularly...no need to go to a hack.

As evidenced by the photos, thousands of fantastic jobs are performed every year. They are the rule, not the exception.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
It's a way to refer to cosmetic surgery derogatorily for the most part. For the love of me, I can't understand why women who have chosen not to get breast implants are so defensive and derogatory about women who have gotten them. "I'M ALL NATURAL, I'M NOT FAKE!" "I would never want to be PLASTIC." Not to mention that girls with boob jobs look fake and gross. Like they think they are superior because they haven't chosen surgery? What are they trying to prove and who they are trying to prove it to (this is not necessarily directed at you)?

Everyone was born natural, it's nothing to pat yourself on the back for. I once had natural boobs too (a couple of months ago in fact)...and I chose to change that because I like the way augmented's look better. I don't understand why this makes certain women so defensive.
As someone who has been through a lot of surgeries (and nearly died during a rather bad sepsis issue that occured from one of those surgeries) because of medical issues I just can't fathom someone doing it for funsies. And the surgery I had had a VERY VERY VERY low complication rate. In fact, it was downright routine.

So, to go through all that for vanity seems very odd to me.

Of course, I'm heavily tattooed and I understand a lot of people don't get that either, so it's in the same vein I suppose. To each their own

Old 09-24-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
As someone who has been through a lot of surgeries (and nearly died during a rather bad sepsis issue that occured from one of those surgeries) because of medical issues I just can't fathom someone doing it for funsies. And the surgery I had had a VERY VERY VERY low complication rate. In fact, it was downright routine.
You're not alone. I've gone through multiple surgeries due to having a congenital connective tissue disorder, spent months in a wheelchair and had to learn how to walk again during high school. I really don't see that as related to my cosmetic surgery and don't see at as something one does flippantly as you implied. The biggest consideration of most plastic surgery is will you achieve desired effects, not whether you will suffer unbearable pain/death/deformity. Saying that someone choose to undergo cosmetic surgery for 'vanity' implies you have to be vain to consider altering your appearance. For someone who has spoken about how your appearance has negatively impacted your personal and professional life, you should not find it odd that if someone has the means and inclination to improve on their self-image would do so.

Breast augmentation is not extraordinary means to alter your appearance. I spent an hour and a half under, an hour napping in the post op facility, and walked right out of the surgical center. I took pictures of myself that day and posted them to social media. I took 10 days off of work surfing facebook and posting to City Data. It's not like I went through hell and back to have the shape I desired. Years of braces to achieve straight teeth were far more aggravating and painful. All for the vanity of having straight teeth, far from medical necessity.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
You're not alone. I've gone through multiple surgeries due to having a congenital connective tissue disorder, spent months in a wheelchair and had to learn how to walk again during high school. I really don't see that as related to my cosmetic surgery and don't see at as something one does flippantly as you implied. The biggest consideration of most plastic surgery is will you achieve desired effects, not whether you will suffer unbearable pain/death/deformity. Saying that someone choose to undergo cosmetic surgery for 'vanity' implies you have to be vain to consider altering your appearance. For someone who has spoken about how your appearance has negatively impacted your personal and professional life, you should not find it odd that if someone has the means and inclination to improve on their self-image would do so.

Breast augmentation is not extraordinary means to alter your appearance. I spent an hour and a half under, an hour napping in the post op facility, and walked right out of the surgical center. I took pictures of myself that day and posted them to social media. I took 10 days off of work surfing facebook and posting to City Data. It's not like I went through hell and back to have the shape I desired. Years of braces to achieve straight teeth were far more aggravating and painful. All for the vanity of having straight teeth, far from medical necessity.
Really? You didn't do it for vanity? You did it to correct a medical issue? No, you did it to look better and it was absolutely not medically necessary. Yes, you're vain and that's fine, but at least own it.

I have the means to get as much cosmetic surgery as I want...but no thanks. I've never had the inclination to post pictures of myself all over the internet and get as much attention as possible, it's just not for me. I've posted a total of two and that's more than enough for me.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Really? You didn't do it for vanity? You did it to correct a medical issue? No, you did it to look better and it was absolutely not medically necessary. Yes, you're vain and that's fine, but at least own it.
If by altering my appearance out of any other reason than medical necessity is an act of vanity, I guess I am vain. I mean, I don't need to lengthen my eyelashes through mascara, I don't need to have my brows threaded, I didn't need to have straight teeth...I do/did all those things to look better. I guess that is the new definition of vanity.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
If by altering my appearance out of any other reason than medical necessity is an act of vanity, I guess I am vain. I mean, I don't need to lengthen my eyelashes through mascara, I don't need to have my brows threaded, I didn't need to have straight teeth...I do/did all those things to look better. I guess that is the new definition of vanity.
It is. I consider myself vain when I wear makeup and do my hair..I'm doing something completely unnecessary to appear more attractive either for myself, or for others. I rarely do either of those things, but here and there I will.

Admit it, embrace it and move on

Old 09-24-2012, 10:19 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,779,701 times
Quote:

I am toying with the idea of getting 800's (the biggest you can go in silicone) for my revision. It's not that I really wanted gigantic boobs (I originally just wanted implants because I like the round, upper pole fullness look), but after a while you get used to the way they look, and it looks good in a way to see boob projecting far away from your tummy/ribcage. I like the look of a super skinny ribcage with boobs that project for dayssss. I will never be the tiniest girl but boobs that project really far have a slimming effect on your waist if you wear the right clothing. I see girls that are flat chested with a little bit of tummy, which isn't a big deal because I do too and always have, and there is nothing wrong with their breasts, but the lack of breasts make their little bit of stomach seem super noticeable, ya know?

Man, there is no way for me to say this without sounding like a jealous byotch, but I think your chest makes you look chunkier than you are in most of the pictures you've posted. Maybe it's the angle or the clothing, because you look slimmer in the one with Uncle Sam but in most of them, ouch, it looks like the exact opposite effect from this perspective.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
It is. I consider myself vain when I wear makeup and do my hair...
Well, that's not my or the plurality of society's definition of vanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Man, there is no way for me to say this without sounding like a jealous byotch, but I think your chest makes you look chunkier than you are in most of the pictures you've posted. Maybe it's the angle or the clothing, because you look slimmer in the one with Uncle Sam but in most of them, ouch, it looks like the exact opposite effect from this perspective.
Maybe I'm just chunky to you, who knows...I know I'm not nearly as thin as you are. Myself out of the equation, a lot of girls have a little bit of a tummy (I know I do), and like I said, with a flatter chest your tummy is more noticeable in a bad way.

Of course you should dress for your implants as well, I try to wear a lot of belts now like the one in that photo with Uncle Sam because it draws attention to the size differential between my bust and my waist. Baggy tops do make me look very wide.

I also chose mod + implants which are wider with less projection for side boob.

Of course, when all your clothes come off it's a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty