Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

Letting women ‘test drive’ larger breasts before a boob job has led to them picking even bigger implants.
The ‘try before you buy’ idea involves wearing a heavily padded bra for two weeks while doing ordinary tasks such as shopping or the school run.

Read more: Women pick even bigger boob jobs if they can 'try before buying' with D-cup the most popular size | Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 10:47 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,372 times
padding my bras make my breasts look uneven and lumpy

Old 09-18-2012, 09:07 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,526 times
Its so sad that there are so many people with poor self esteem who want to boost it in such a way.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:07 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,828 times
They have a term on my breast implant forum to describe this and it's called "boobie greed". It caught me too. I initially agreed on 375 cc's at my first consult and each month that slowly went up to 550 cc's. Especially if you are on a breast implant forum you share pics of each other daily and you see women with bigger, beautiful breasts, you go, "I want some of that!"

I am toying with the idea of getting 800's (the biggest you can go in silicone) for my revision. It's not that I really wanted gigantic boobs (I originally just wanted implants because I like the round, upper pole fullness look), but after a while you get used to the way they look, and it looks good in a way to see boob projecting far away from your tummy/ribcage. I like the look of a super skinny ribcage with boobs that project for dayssss. I will never be the tiniest girl but boobs that project really far have a slimming effect on your waist if you wear the right clothing. I see girls that are flat chested with a little bit of tummy, which isn't a big deal because I do too and always have, and there is nothing wrong with their breasts, but the lack of breasts make their little bit of stomach seem super noticeable, ya know?

The funny thing is I know I will eventually downsize when I'm tired of having them this size. But right now they are great and fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Its so sad that there are so many people with poor self esteem who want to boost it in such a way.
Wanting to enhance your figure doesn't mean you have "poor self esteem".

Does wearing a girdle mean you're ashamed of the way your body is shaped and you have "poor self esteem"? Does straightening your naturally curly tresses mean that you are ashamed of your hair and you have "poor self esteem"? Does wearing concealer to cover your dark circles mean you are ashamed of your face and have "poor self esteem"?

Just from the way the term is thrown around apparently self esteem is one of the most highly misunderstood concepts that people commonly banter about.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:19 PM

141 posts, read 426,326 times
I can understand some women wanting to go a little bigger if they are on the small side, but going way bigger to me is crazy. I guess the reason I feel this way is because mine are big and I hate them. They give me back pain and my shoulders hurt from the straps. If I could afford to get my breasts reduced I would.

If you are already on the petite side I wouldn't go several sizes bigger. To me it would just look unnatural. Why men drool over Pamela Anderson I will never know. She is just fake looking to me. Just my two cents.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:50 PM

45 posts, read 103,127 times
I am quite certain that within my lifetime we'll see a major shift away from big, round, fake boobs. Like any other trend, this too shall pass and eventually look really dated and lame. I do get a kick out of imagining future archaeologists unearthing skeletons with giant bags of silicone..

xxbabeechick, I just wanted to respectfully offer a perspective in answer to your questions. All of the examples you cited (wearing a girdle, using concealer, straightening hair) are generally safe and temporary in comparison to surgery. Women have died getting their boobs done. Nobody ever croaked from dabbing on some undereye makeup. I guess that's where the accusations of insecurity come from - it is one thing to spend 15 mins. with the flat iron in the morning, but to literally risk one's life in the name of "beauty" gets a little concerning. You will no doubt say surgery is very safe, but I'm just pointing out it is a whole other level of vanity to willingly allow strangers to knock you out, slice you open, and insert foreign objects into your body. I am in no way telling you it is wrong, merely pointing out the apples-to-oranges nature of your examples.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:41 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times
I would probably go for 36B but never D-cup since I'm too petite. I ask my sister and she said "ew, you'll look weird" hahahaha.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:56 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,906,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~seasoul~ View Post
I am quite certain that within my lifetime we'll see a major shift away from big, round, fake boobs. Like any other trend, this too shall pass and eventually look really dated and lame. I do get a kick out of imagining future archaeologists unearthing skeletons with giant bags of silicone..

xxbabeechick, I just wanted to respectfully offer a perspective in answer to your questions. All of the examples you cited (wearing a girdle, using concealer, straightening hair) are generally safe and temporary in comparison to surgery. Women have died getting their boobs done. Nobody ever croaked from dabbing on some undereye makeup. I guess that's where the accusations of insecurity come from - it is one thing to spend 15 mins. with the flat iron in the morning, but to literally risk one's life in the name of "beauty" gets a little concerning. You will no doubt say surgery is very safe, but I'm just pointing out it is a whole other level of vanity to willingly allow strangers to knock you out, slice you open, and insert foreign objects into your body. I am in no way telling you it is wrong, merely pointing out the apples-to-oranges nature of your examples.

LOL! What an image

Old 09-19-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~seasoul~ View Post
Hmmm...ask the women with permanent hair loss from chemical relaxers if straightening your hair is generally safe and "temporary". Hair dyes contain carcinogens. The primary risk involved with breast augmentation is death from anesthesia. Anesthesia death rates are .02% from going under general. It is FAR safer to have multiple surgical procedures than to drive or ride in a car on a daily basis. Of course the idea of surgery and being sliced open sounds dangerous and scary, but your commute is far more dangerous. That's why I will always live in a city that cars aren't needed for transport. You keep your death vehicle clogging the atmosphere, I'll keep soliciting my surgeon on ways I can look better.

The reason I proferred those examples was not to say that they were the same thing as having cosmetic surgery, I'm just pointing out that merely wanting to change an aspect of your face and body doesn't make you desperately insecure.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:09 AM

In fact, I just scoured the internet and I could only find a SINGLE case in the US of someone dying from breast augmentation. In 2008, a cheerleader died after surgery from a rare condition called malignant hyperthermia caused by anesthesia. Thousands of women undergo breast augmentation every year. If you can find another documented case in the US you get a cookie. It is rare as all hell. You engage in daily activity that is far more dangerous than having breast augmentation surgery.

You can be anti cosmetic surgery all you want, but the "danger" factor is not even relevant.

Last edited by xxbabeechick; 09-19-2012 at 10:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty