Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2012, 11:51 AM

445 posts, read 864,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
huh? I see men that are attractive already, I don't say anything to them. what's the point?
Do you consider yourself physically attractive but the men you're attracted to don't view you the same way? OR Do you consider yourself ugly and think men aren't going to be interested? OR Do you consider yourself plain (not pretty enough/not pretty) and not attractive enough for the type of guys you like? What do you mean by "what's the point?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 01:15 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
I don't find ANYattractives women really attractive. Some are ok some and Some are just average to me

Old 09-22-2012, 05:34 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,529 times
Getting back to the original photos....
Several remarked that they were just rich girls who just wanted to be in a beauty contest, and that was why so many were so unattractive.
On the contrary, the girls in the early pageants were in it for money, and shortly after that, the chance to be in films, and make money. Some of them had widowed mothers and younger siblings to help support, and were desperate for cash.
As for ugly, or perhaps homely, here's the lovely Lauren Bacall on her wedding day without makeup, not the look we're used to.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:35 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
I think it's most interesting that she would avoid wearing makeup on her wedding day. How many women would do that now? Also, I think she still looks pretty attractive in that picture.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:39 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I think it's most interesting that she would avoid wearing makeup on her wedding day. How many women would do that now? Also, I think she still looks pretty attractive in that picture.
I probably will....

Old 09-22-2012, 08:18 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cold View Post
Several remarked that they were just rich girls who just wanted to be in a beauty contest, and that was why so many were so unattractive.
On the contrary, the girls in the early pageants were in it for money, and shortly after that, the chance to be in films, and make money. Some of them had widowed mothers and younger siblings to help support, and were desperate for cash.
As for ugly, or perhaps homely, here's the lovely Lauren Bacall on her wedding day without makeup, not the look we're used to.
Whoa!

But to be fair,her partner isn't all that gorgeous either.
Looks wise,they are pretty equal.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cold
Quote:
Lamplight:
I think she still looks pretty attractive in that picture.
Quote:
Jersey gal:
Whoa!
But to be fair,her partner isn't all that gorgeous either.
Looks wise,they are pretty equal.
Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. What is ugly to one may be beautiful to another.

Mediamatic.net - Ubangi woman with a solar tablet

Old 09-22-2012, 09:38 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I probably will....
Yeah, but you never wear makeup in the first place, right?

Old 09-23-2012, 12:20 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
I sure as hell will wear make-up whenever photos are being taken. I have enough photos of me without make-up and I see no shame in primping

Old 09-23-2012, 09:00 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Yeah, but you never wear makeup in the first place, right?
Nope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty