Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 07:22 AM

42 posts, read 49,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I recently bought a Coach Leather handbag in stone/gunmetal looking color. It was originally $350 and it was clearly made for Coach not the Coach outlet because of it's hardware. The hardware is all brass.

It was on clearance at the Coach Outlet. (50% off)

Plus 30% off for being Labor Day weekend.

I snagged a mid-sized elegant leather handbag from Coach for $120!!!!

Most of the Coach bags of that size made for outlet seem to start at $150/$170 so I was a VERY lucky girl. Those are the fabric ones.
Yes those are a great deal. With the new bags, you can probably tell if you look at the Coach label inside (the leather embossed label on the bag). The ones from the factory will have a F in the serial number. The tag also reads differently. You won't have that "compared to" crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 03:38 AM

484 posts, read 854,608 times
i have had so many awesome thrifting successes. Majority are vintage

Courgess, Halston, Norman Norell. Pucci, Gucci, Pierre Cardin, Oleg Cassini, Fiorrucci, Ted lapidus, Biba, Mary QUant to name a small few.... i can go on and on. As per prices. they vary > I shop a lot in thrift shops and charity shops and consignment shops.

my last purchase was this weekend got these gorgeous boots for only $60 at a consignment shop they are by Daris and never worn with box. they are real leather and Alpaca retail for $300. oo wanted to add a photo but i forget how to on here

Old 10-03-2012, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Love these stories!! Keep em coming!

The reason I started this thread is because I always find great deals (because I'm a shopaholic...and that's a whole other thread) but I want to hear yours....

I have a lot but my absolute best finds to date have been a Burberry dress (red wool crepe shift dress) on clearance at TJ Maxx for $10 and a Gucci scarf that I fished out of thrift store bin for $1.
Are you confident that the Gucci is real? you can take it to Gucci to confirm. I see a lot of chanel Gucci LV at Salvation and GWill and they are all fake and I report it to the manager.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snootylooter View Post
Just yesterday at Goodwill I scored an authentic St. Johns Knit black jacket w/leather trim in PERFECT condition for $4.99 - minus 20% with a coupon I had! This is why I always, always check out Goodwill on a regular basis!

I didn;t know GW had coupons where do you get them? I have a Sallys card for salvation army you get 20 percent off tues and thurs.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 AM

301 posts, read 823,552 times
Here in SW Michigan, you get a 20% off (your entire purchase) coupon attached to your donation tax slip everytime you donate something. I break my donations down to smaller bunches so that I get more slips.

I just scored again at Goodwill yesterday - got Dansko, Noat, Merrill, and Rieker pairs of shoes in nearly brand new condition for $4.99 per pair (minus, of course, 20%). I was dancing on the way back out to my car!! I wear a 9 1/2 and cute, great condition, shoes are rare to find in that size. I also found a white Chico's Zenergy vest for $2.99 - what a day!!

I know it's not Fashion - but I ALSO got a brand new $180 grain mill for $29 - WOW! The things people donate always surprise me.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
Are you confident that the Gucci is real? you can take it to Gucci to confirm. I see a lot of chanel Gucci LV at Salvation and GWill and they are all fake and I report it to the manager.

Definitely. It wasn't one of those big gaudy, shiny ones with the gold chain motif (that are copied endlessly). The one that I found is a beautiful silk with subdued floral motif and rolled edges. Very pretty but I can see how it would be overlooked.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:33 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Share your shopping victories! I want to hear all about the Prada that you found on the clearance rack for $20 or the Chanel bag that you found at a thrift shop for $5!! What ever it is....let's share our shopping triumphs!
Two pairs of designer jeans that fit me like a glove....$1 dollar per pair. Thrift store, naturally.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:47 PM

Levis Skinny jeans 524 skinny jeans retail for over $40 and I got them for $4.99 @ goodwill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty