Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
You go around quoting verses, but I have a feeling there may be a little dust on the Bible there at your house.

Matthew 7

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
I make a statement that applies to the general population and I'm being "judgmental"!

Ya, and 50 cents will get you bitter cup of coffee that you might like.

Oh yes, calling me a "old man" is a slur as you used it. Not nice..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 07:11 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
For reasons that escape me I don't have a clue why you take my opinion of tattoos as a personal jab. It isn't.

What it is is my general opinion of the topic and the people that populate that sub culture nothing more, nothing less. If my words sting you then there must be some reason that you feel some sort of guilt for having a tattooed body. This I do not know..........
Did you used to go by the name "Tightwad" on citydata?

Old 09-23-2012, 07:12 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Did you used to go by the name "Tightwad" on citydata?
yes he did.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
For reasons that escape me I don't have a clue why you take my opinion of tattoos as a personal jab. It isn't.

What it is is my general opinion of the topic and the people that populate that sub culture nothing more, nothing less. If my words sting you then there must be some reason that you feel some sort of guilt for having a tattooed body. This I do not know..........
It may be that you are quoting me when you say things. In my opinion, if you quote me, you are talking to me.

I am not stung by your words, I am however bothered by the way you treat me, and people in general.

I don't have guilt over having tattoos. Why would I?

Old 09-23-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I make a statement that applies to the general population and I'm being "judgmental"!

Ya, and 50 cents will get you bitter cup of coffee that you might like.

Oh yes, calling me a "old man" is a slur as you used it. Not nice..........
Every post on here has been judgmental. You are the one who is in denial if you think anything otherwise.

My coffee costs $5.29 per cup. Would you like to take me for coffee?

Old man. Well. A grandpa is an old man, and for what its worth, I love old men and women.

I volunteer with the elderly. I make friends of the elderly, and I could sit with them for hours listening to days gone by and imagining the stories they are telling me.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:37 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Your 'truth' is obviously not my 'truth'.

Funny how that works.
That's the damned truth.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
That's the damned truth.
Oh that got me to laughing.... lol

Old 09-23-2012, 08:37 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
It may be that you are quoting me when you say things. In my opinion, if you quote me, you are talking to me.

I am not stung by your words, I am however bothered by the way you treat me, and people in general.

I don't have guilt over having tattoos. Why would I?
Oh for gosh sakes! Stop being so dramatic! You and I are both electons on a computer screen! That said how the hell could anyone 'treat" you anyway?

Oh wait! You have a retort for that to!

I guess I'll go out for a pipe now, got some new sweet tobacco to try. You party on by yourself now and have fun.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:48 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
This whole thread is ridiculous, I don't understand it. Who cares if someone has a tattoo or not, it isn't your skin that it is on. All this uproar for ink on skin? I have tattoo's and they are all where they can be seen. I am not part of any "subculture". I am a stay at home mom with 4 children. I have never heard one negative thing from anyone about my tattoo's. We are talking about people with ink art on their bodies, big deal. We are not molesting children for pete's sake, we have permanent ink on our bodies, that's all. It is a personal choice if you get them and where you put them. If you don't like them fine, but there is no need to be snotty to people about it. Get over it!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Oh for gosh sakes! Stop being so dramatic! You and I are both electons on a computer screen! That said how the hell could anyone 'treat" you anyway?

Oh wait! You have a retort for that to!

I guess I'll go out for a pipe now, got some new sweet tobacco to try. You party on by yourself now and have fun.
A smoker looking down on people with tattoos ... now that's funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty