Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 02:31 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
"Everybody" doesnt get forehead wrinkles. Some do and some dont, and they are more prevelant the older you get. Why are you so desperate to be seen as a 25 year old? Dont you think it is time to grow up and face the fact that you arent a kid anymkre? Why is it such a grave sin to look like you are 37 if that is what you are? Do you suffer from some sort of age-based low self esteem?

Stop kidding yourselves, people. That is all I am saying.

Your such are clueless to say the least. Your the most clueless poster I've ever met. All people get some wrinkles on their forehead. It's a way for some people to tell from someone who looks younger that they are older. Your living in your own fantasy world. Haven't you ever heard each forehead crease means a decade? But you wouldn't know, because you don't know anything anyway. As far as what you've said and I'll quote, "Why are you so desperate to be seen as a 25 year old? Don't you think it is time to grow up and face the fact that you aren't a kid anymore"?

Are you serious? Just because I look very young for my age has nothing, I repeat NOTHING to do with maturity. Your the one acting like a little child. I haven't even seen your pic, but you act like black people are the only ones who age well. You must be ignorant, because you surely act it. And fyi, who said it's a grave sin to look 38? If I looked 38, I wouldn't be right here right now telling others that I don't look my age. Don't ever tell me that you know that I look like 37/38. You have some nerve! I know what I look like and if you have ever seen me, you would eat your words. The nerve of you is unreal. To tell a complete stranger that they are lieing and that they look exactly their age. Who do you think you are? Wow, never wanted to tell someone where to go so bad. You aint worth the infraction. Put it this way. Every mean nasty thought anyone has ever thought I am thinking right now towards your narrow, egotistical, ignorant, arrogant remarks. Trust me sweetie. And I don't even know what you look like, but you seem to have a bone to pick with the world. Get off your pedestal. You probably are homely for all I know and that is why you are so angry. I mean who accuses everyone of lieing about wheather or not they look their age or not? Who does that? You tell me what do I have to gain on a message board? Do you really think that I think people really care that much? Do I think people will stay up late at night and go, "wow, supermanpansy says he looks 25", he's so special. Get over yourself. I bet you look older than your age by a long shot. Please don't respond to anymore of my posts. Because as far as I'm concerned you could die for all I care. The nerve of someone such as yourself to come on here and call people liars when you don't even know them is just mind rattling. Like I said, there's a lot of bad things in my head directed exactly at you. But you aint worth it. Your the one who needs to grow up and learn a little bit about the world. Because you make such blanket statements that are beyond rediculous. What are you ten? Don't bother me again.

If it makes you feel better, you're right, I don't look my age, I look older, more like forty five. You got me. She outed me everyone. Only OngletNYC knows everything. She is a psychic (a bad one at that) and she is the authority on aging and anyone who disputes her is wrong. She is perfect. She looks perfect. And everything she says is on mark! Good enough for you. What a ???????????????

Last edited by supermanpansy; 10-20-2012 at 02:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
For the record folks i do look great for my age, and people spoon feed me that "you.look 25" bs.too, but I am not delusional. I know that people are being nice to me. Trust me when you buy into that nonsense and repeat it, you most likely have people laughing at you behind your back. Black women do wrinkle way less, but that still doesnt make a person look 25 when she is 40.
Response for the first part in bold. Wrong, I don't think you do at all, and I don't think anyone tells you that.

Second bolded part. Yes you are

Last bolded part. They are laughing behind your back, but for many reasons besides them telling you that you look 25. Secondly, just because you are being lied to, doesn't mean everyone in the world goes around telling people who are almost forty that they look 25. That is completely rediculous. What would they gain? I certainly would not tell anyone that they look younger than they are if they didn't. You have some seriously weird views on society.

I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 10-20-2012 at 02:51 PM..

Old 10-20-2012, 04:14 PM

12 posts, read 16,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Dulcinea View Post
From 20 on, aging takes place. I would say every 10 years you look like a complete different person. Mid thirties is when you start getting a lot of lines and it goes downhill after that.

Besides wrinkles, you will also lose hair volume, skin texture(bigger pores), bigger nose, fat in the wrong places, smaller lips, deeper scars, bigger ears, age spots, gray hair, sunken eyes, loose skin and many medical problems like high blood preassure, cancerous cells, acid reflux, arthritis, cholesterol etc.

Did I forget anything?
Are you serious? Looking like a completely different person every 10 years? We're talking about the 20's & 30's, maybe 40's, not menopause and old age, lol! I don't know any women in their 20's or 30's who show lines yet, let alone "fat in the wrong places" (ugh! That's not supposed to happen until around 60!), bigger nose, "loose skin"??? You're confusing women in their prime with women on the decline after 60. Stop scaring us.

"Deeper scars"? What scars? How many people have scars in their first half of life? I think this got posted in the wrong forum. Try "Geriatrics", lol!

Last edited by Jenn-X; 10-20-2012 at 04:43 PM..

Old 10-20-2012, 04:30 PM

12 posts, read 16,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Everyone gets forehead creases every decade. It is a proven thing with age. I don't think you know what the hel l you are talking about. That's how some people can truly get an idea about someones age. The only ones you wouldn't be able to tell is someone who had a facelift.

P.s. I'd love to show you my picture just to surprise you. Nobody and I mean nobody has ever said that I looked my age. I'm two years from forty and I look between 22 and possibly 27. I usually get around 25 as the average age people think I am.

I mean seriously, who the he ll are you to come on here and call everyone a liar? What do you think only black people age well. And I am certainly not saying all black people. A guy I was good friends with growing up looked forty at nineteen and he was black. So get off your highhorse. It's so high at this point, you might need a ladder.
I can relate to this. I know a guy who I thought was mid-30's (chasing after girls in their late teens and 20's), and I later found out he was pushing 50! I had a supervisor at work who looked young for his age, too, he looked oddly like a kid. There are guys like this out there, for sure. My mother had age spots in her 50's, but that's because she stayed out in the sun a lot. It aged her skin prematurely. My sister now is 40 and looks like a college student. No wrinkles yet, she avoids the sun, works out and is very trim. She fits in the same clothes she had in college.

People age at vastly different rates. It depends on habits (smoking, drinking, or healthy habits: exercise, working out), nutrition, all kinds of things. Just because someone says people think he's 25 when he's 38 doesn't mean he's being vain or delusional. Some people go through life being mistaken for a college student, that's the way it is.

There's a thing called "facial maturity". Some have it, some don't. It sounds like supermanpansy doesn't have it. I wonder if that's a problem for him at work or in life in general. I've read that people who lack facial maturity have a harded time getting ahead in life. They're not taken as seriously, even if they have good ideas or work hard. They may get left behind for promotions.

Last edited by Jenn-X; 10-20-2012 at 04:43 PM..

Old 10-20-2012, 05:02 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
For the most part, I believe that the wrinkles/lines come from heredity but can be made worse by environmental choices. I always think it is funny to see women in their 20's and 30's worried about little lines because this truly is the time one should be enjoying themselves and making memories that will tide them through when you have REAL wrinkles/lines. Mine did not get serious until after menopause. I started to look in the mirror and see my grandma's face in mine and strangely, it made me feel at peace about the aging process. I was lucky enough to grow up among older people in a time (50's & 60's) when getting older was not considered some kind of curse.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:24 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Your such are clueless to say the least. Your the most clueless poster I've ever met. All people get some wrinkles on their forehead. It's a way for some people to tell from someone who looks younger that they are older. Your living in your own fantasy world. Haven't you ever heard each forehead crease means a decade? But you wouldn't know, because you don't know anything anyway. As far as what you've said and I'll quote, "Why are you so desperate to be seen as a 25 year old? Don't you think it is time to grow up and face the fact that you aren't a kid anymore"?

Are you serious? Just because I look very young for my age has nothing, I repeat NOTHING to do with maturity. Your the one acting like a little child. I haven't even seen your pic, but you act like black people are the only ones who age well. You must be ignorant, because you surely act it. And fyi, who said it's a grave sin to look 38? If I looked 38, I wouldn't be right here right now telling others that I don't look my age. Don't ever tell me that you know that I look like 37/38. You have some nerve! I know what I look like and if you have ever seen me, you would eat your words. The nerve of you is unreal. To tell a complete stranger that they are lieing and that they look exactly their age. Who do you think you are? Wow, never wanted to tell someone where to go so bad. You aint worth the infraction. Put it this way. Every mean nasty thought anyone has ever thought I am thinking right now towards your narrow, egotistical, ignorant, arrogant remarks. Trust me sweetie. And I don't even know what you look like, but you seem to have a bone to pick with the world. Get off your pedestal. You probably are homely for all I know and that is why you are so angry. I mean who accuses everyone of lieing about wheather or not they look their age or not? Who does that? You tell me what do I have to gain on a message board? Do you really think that I think people really care that much? Do I think people will stay up late at night and go, "wow, supermanpansy says he looks 25", he's so special. Get over yourself. I bet you look older than your age by a long shot. Please don't respond to anymore of my posts. Because as far as I'm concerned you could die for all I care. The nerve of someone such as yourself to come on here and call people liars when you don't even know them is just mind rattling. Like I said, there's a lot of bad things in my head directed exactly at you. But you aint worth it. Your the one who needs to grow up and learn a little bit about the world. Because you make such blanket statements that are beyond rediculous. What are you ten? Don't bother me again.

If it makes you feel better, you're right, I don't look my age, I look older, more like forty five. You got me. She outed me everyone. Only OngletNYC knows everything. She is a psychic (a bad one at that) and she is the authority on aging and anyone who disputes her is wrong. She is perfect. She looks perfect. And everything she says is on mark! Good enough for you. What a ???????????????
I can't argue with this level of craziness. WOW.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:27 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Response for the first part in bold. Wrong, I don't think you do at all, and I don't think anyone tells you that.

Second bolded part. Yes you are

Last bolded part. They are laughing behind your back, but for many reasons besides them telling you that you look 25. Secondly, just because you are being lied to, doesn't mean everyone in the world goes around telling people who are almost forty that they look 25. That is completely rediculous. What would they gain? I certainly would not tell anyone that they look younger than they are if they didn't. You have some seriously weird views on society.

I'll leave it at that.
WOW. I am at loss of words.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
WOW. I am at loss of words.
That would be a first. Do I get a gold star??

Old 10-22-2012, 03:15 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
That would be a first. Do I get a gold star??
LOL!
I thought someone had a good point about "facial maturity". Some people go through life with baby faces, and they don't seem to age. (Yes, White ppl as well as others ) I've been surprised, myself; people don't seem to notice the puffy eyes from insomnia, they still think I'm a highschool or college student. I wouldn't call this a blessing at all. I'd rather look closer to my age. Socially, I can't get anywhere with the opposite sex. Not with anyone near my age. We've had a couple of women post in the past that guys pass them over thinking they're too young for them. Now I'm curious, too, about whether looking like a 20-something is a problem for superman in any way. "Facial maturity" can be a hidden issue that influences people's lives more than they think.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:10 PM

467 posts, read 664,945 times
Late 30s. I got rid of most of them with a product called copper peptides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty