Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:32 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,529,778 times

Advertisements

Not for any political reasons I just have rarely found things that interest me.

I'm not a slave to fashion trends so I like to hit Macy's clearance racks and I have three Bealls within 10 miles of me so I practically live there. Kohl's is ok but I like Bealls more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 07:37 AM

41,939 posts, read 75,137,295 times
I've fallen out of love with Kohl's. The stores near me are cluttered and unorganized, the selection of clothing has narrowed, there's never anyone at the checkout counters, and they screwed my credit statement up every single month. I finally chopped up the card and mailed it back to them.

I've been buying online at LL Bean and Lands End.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:10 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,343,229 times
Kohls clothes and target clothes including socks shrink incredibly. You have to buy a size larger and even that is not a safe bet. NO MORE. And when you buy something from there, you later see EVERYone has the same shirt. Target kids clothes are better cause kids all want to have the same outfit as everyone else.

I like sears, they are very spotty in which stores have the good merchandise though. The one right by our house is a tiny sears that has barely any clothes. Like their "lands end" though. That is high quality but pricier clothing.

But if you go to the woodfield mall that is farther away from here - that sears is huge and is very nice and has a big selection. The sears stuff mostly wears and washes pretty good.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:49 AM

264 posts, read 829,372 times
Nothing from "Wally world" or Kmart.

I buy most of my nice clothes from TJMaxx, Marshalls, Ross, or Dress Barn. Most of my "truck drivin clothes" I just buy from the thrift store. That way, if they get grease on 'em, I just toss 'em.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:40 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,852,000 times
As I wear a plus size 14, I don't shop at a lot of stores because they don't carry my sizes. I used to like the Gap but now they seem only to carrry strange clothes for very skinny people - forget buying classic khakis anymore. Like others I don't shop at the "marts" for clothes nor do I shop at Sears or Penney's. For in-store shopping I favor Macy's (they have a good plus size dept.) and Talbots and sometimes Chico's. But I do a lot of online shopping and lately have been getting a lot of things from Eddie Bauer. I love their button front shirts and also outerwear. And Zappos for shoes of course...

Old 10-10-2007, 06:39 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,003,654 times
Being 6' tall I buy the majority of my clothes from Eddie Bauer. The Loft is a hit or miss but often they will have pants long enough or at least I can order them online in a longer length. I like the Gaps long and lean jeans or their classic low rise and their long length in those will work for me. I can't shop in most stores like Target, wally's, Penney's etc simply because it doesn't fit. BUT that said I would buy anything anywhere if it fit and I liked it!

Old 10-10-2007, 09:02 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,394,284 times
It's not that I refuse to shop in the following, but rather I was dissapointed with the quality or I just have no desire to shop there:
-Ann Taylor Loft
-Chicos
-Coldwater Creek (quality has gone down hill over the past decade)
-Gap (quality sucks, but I will shop in GapKids for my daughter)
-Old Navy (you can only get 3 wearings out of their clothes, then they need to be tossed.)
-Banana Republic (like the Gap, the quality sucks. Just not what they used to be.)

We don't have a Walmart nearby, nor do I shop in Kmart, so I've never really checked out their clothing.

Target has cute stuff, but the quality is similar to Old Navy.

Being 6'1", I primarily shop on-line. The one label I seem to have a lot of is Ralph Lauren, both his menswear and womenswear. I love his skirts, cableknit sweaters and button-downs.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:44 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,065,922 times
Walmart. I hate Walmart. I rarely shop there for anything. Never buy clothes. Same with Kmart. Quality and style is just not there.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:59 AM

220 posts, read 1,109,160 times
J. Jill, that store just seems to scream "I've given up on life!" The clothes are baggy and the colors are drab and depressing. I went in the other day because I hadn't been in in years and found it the same.

I loved Value City when I lived in NC. I tried to go every week. It was hit or miss for me but they had a great selection of kid's clothes. I found some great shoes there. I also had a Chico's outlet nearby and I found some great deals there as well.

I used to love Hecht's but now that it's a Macy's I never find anything there. The only Macy's I've ever liked is the flagship store in NYC.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:08 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,035 times
No Wal-Marts...

I like burlington coat factory! I'm surprsied no one has mentioned it yet!! (or is it just a regional thing?) they sell more than just COATS! who knew!

I like Ross.... (?) and I say this tentatively, because the Ross' in So Cal were awesome, the Ross' around here... seem to go by demographics, if that's the right word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty