Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 11:24 AM

8,050 posts, read 12,761,708 times

Advertisements

I have noticed a trend around here that is disturbing. The "mushroom" look must be something new that I don't understand. How could some people possibly think they look good with their excess body fat mushrooming over the top of their too small jeans?

An example;
http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-...12/10/4258.jpg

I was at Walmart this weekend and it seemed as if 25% of the young ladies had this mushroom look.

This is not a dig at people with weight problems, more a dig at people that don't look in the mirror before they leave the house.

I am no beauty queen but I know my weak points. I would never walk around shirtless or attempt to wear a speedo. I have enough concern for my fellow citizens visual well being not to inflict that on anyone. Wjhy do these people think they can walk around looking like this in public? Nobody wants to see that.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,637,315 times
Skinny jeans on women is VERY hot....but ONLY if the women is in good shape and has a slim or athletic physique.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:50 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I have noticed a trend around here that is disturbing. The "mushroom" look must be something new that I don't understand. How could some people possibly think they look good with their excess body fat mushrooming over the top of their too small jeans?

An example;
http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-...12/10/4258.jpg

I was at Walmart this weekend and it seemed as if 25% of the young ladies had this mushroom look.

This is not a dig at people with weight problems, more a dig at people that don't look in the mirror before they leave the house.

I am no beauty queen but I know my weak points. I would never walk around shirtless or attempt to wear a speedo. I have enough concern for my fellow citizens visual well being not to inflict that on anyone. Wjhy do these people think they can walk around looking like this in public? Nobody wants to see that.....

With what her tshirt says I would be completely frightened as to what the front view might be. I have never understood the reasoning behind wearing clothing that is too small, way too big (unless you use big tshirts for nightshirts to sleep in, or wearing something that is obviously not appropriate for you age, work attire or appropriate for whatever function you happen to be at.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:59 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csd610 View Post
with what her tshirt says i would be completely frightened as to what the front view might be.
lmao

Old 10-09-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
With what her tshirt says I would be completely frightened as to what the front view might be. I have never understood the reasoning behind wearing clothing that is too small, way too big (unless you use big tshirts for nightshirts to sleep in, or wearing something that is obviously not appropriate for you age, work attire or appropriate for whatever function you happen to be at.
In reality it couldn't be any WORSE than the back view could it?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:07 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,181,810 times
I rarely see "the mushroom" look here in Norway (Northern Europe). Thank God! Skinny jeans can be very flattering.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
I rarely see "the mushroom" look here in Norway (Northern Europe). Thank God! Skinny jeans can be very flattering.
30% of Americans are obese compared to 8% of your countrymen/women.

I'll tell you what, it is amazing what has happened to this country over the past 35 years. Back in my day I can recall maybe four or five schoolmates out of 400 that were "fat". now it seems like half the kids you see waddling around are fat/obese.

I blame quite a few things;
Lack of exercise- they sit and play around on computers/video games all day. I hardly ever seekids out playing in the US anymore.

Soda- When I go shopping I see people loading their carts with soda pop.

Junk processed foods - I make it a point to look at what people have in their carts and compare it to body size. The FF (fat folks) always seem to have the worst foods possible.

Fast food on every corner & families that "don't have time to cook".

Old 10-09-2012, 12:44 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
Those aren't skinny jeans. The muffin top is because they're low rise jeans and, yeah, she could probably stand to go up a size or maybe two.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:59 PM

415 posts, read 615,640 times
I think its denial of how big they are. They're really a size 16, but they won't buy that size, and they can stuff themselves into a 12, so they do that. I had that mindset in my early twenties, and got rid of it quick, as I always looked disgusting in pictures. Who wants to wear a shirt with sleeves that are too tight and the shirt is too short and you can see the seams streeettttching to keep the shirt together, and to top it all off, you have the pants with the muffin top.

When I was 17, I also had size denial. The proof is in the yearbook pictures. I was on yearbook staff, and in the staff pic, you can see all of us together - and because of the sheer size of my muffin top (I at least had the decency to cover it up though) that is all you see - teenage girl with nice face and then a huge wad of fat right there in the middle. Disgusting.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:31 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
Unfortunately, when they added spandex to all of our pants, it made the "muffin top" almost a given! Even with pants that "fit", that bit of spandex tightens the waistband into your skin. Even if you aren't overweight at all, it will create a "muffin top". You need to find pants that don't compress your waist/hip area...and that's very hard to do! A shirt that skims away from your hips helps hide it a bit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty