Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 06:12 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Time..no.

Money...probably.

LOL
This one!!!

Sure I would use it to better myself, but I don't want to have maintenance of me, be a full time job.

I would use it to travel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 06:25 PM

105 posts, read 199,845 times
If I were rich, I would certainly increase my real dollar investment in my wardrobe. However, I'd be able to buy higher quality items, invest in custom tailoring, and spend the money to maintain them. In terms of a percentage of my income, I doubt it would increase.

I would certainly spend more on my hair and get more regular color and haircuts. And I'd splurge on treatments like regular massages, facials, and mani/pedicures.

I'm already guilty of buying high-end cosmetics- I'd just be able to try more rather than sticking to a few looks that I know work well for me.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:44 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,907,527 times
I would also invest in new clothing. How I would love to have glamorous clothing! I dress neat casual because that suits my lifestyle but my mood and personality want to strip out of these dark jeans and old navy cardi and put on a colorful pencil skirt with matching top and heels with my hair blown out from the salon. I like how the Real Housewives dress: glam, feminine, and half the time totally impractical. I wish I could dress like that. I feel like a little girl who wants to dress like a princess. Clothing and shoes =) and I would invest the rest into rentals and some into stocks.

****...it's time to get to my studying again ...back to the real world so one day I can afford those investments

Old 10-10-2012, 06:54 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times
I really like to look nice, spend money on nice clothes and makeup, and get massages when I feel the need. I do not like to spend the time doing all that, though, because I really like being home instead of at the hairdresser. Sometimes I get a massage at home and my shopping is generally online. However, if I were rich, I would probably not spend as much money and time on clothes, makeup, etc. I would not be working and would have no need to dress up too often. My money would go to animal charities.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:09 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,738,135 times
I would spend my money on a personal shopper, I love new things but hate shopping for them. Would definitely get my hair colored more often than I do now, first sign of gray I would be in the salon getting it touched up, now I stretch it to 8 weeks between coloring to save money. I would also buy more expensive make up. Massages weekly would be nice.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:27 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
I'd go to the salon more often for pedicures, manicures, facials ... stuff I do on my own now. I'd have someone else color my hair, too.

As for clothes ... Yeah, I probably woudn't think twice about spending big bucks for a new dress or a cashmere sweater.

And I'd be much more generous with my charitable giving. That, too, can be fashionable!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,907,527 times
Pedicures!!! How could I forget that. I would also donate a lot of money to ASPCA or MSPCA because I love animals, especially dogs and I want them to have the best care in the world. Only dog lovers can understand the bond and love that is shared between a pooch and a human.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 PM
dgz

806 posts, read 3,393,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Political Animal View Post
I get a kick out of some of my very well off female friends. They spend so much time and money on their beauty. They do everything they can to look hot. Diet, exercises, cosmetic surgery, expensive hair cuts and treatments, the best makeup, the best designer clothes and an eye to what is the most fashionable today. I ask them why they are so obsessive about their looks and they said their peers and social standing demand it. If you want to live the rich life with rich friends you need to look good.

And they do!

If you were a multi millionaire would you spend lots of time and money on trying to be beautiful?

Not me. I would spend the money on projects that I think would help other people, and I'd probably do some traveling and writing too.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:30 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Well since this is all hypothetical....

Probably would spend more dinero.

Higher end makeup, trainers and dietitians to speed up the after baby weight loss

Old 10-10-2012, 08:41 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
I'd spend it on a personal trainer and massages. That's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty