Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,907,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Yes. But that persons name has "Not a Member" under it.

did she get banned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 01:24 PM

467 posts, read 664,888 times
America is overwhelmingly lookist. IMO people have to do the best they can with what they have and only change the things that really bother you about yourself. After you establish good eating habits and grooming skills, you should attend to your inner self and find a way to make yourself happy. Happy people are always better looking than sad people. And beyond that, people should be busy helping themselves and others and not placing an inordinate amount of attention on looks. If people don't like your look, that is their problem and says more about them than it does about you.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:24 PM

530 posts, read 1,130,840 times
Well when I was younger I was told by many people that I was beautiful.

Horrible things that happened to me due to being "beautiful" although these could happen to others so called " not beautiful" but I believe the amount of times these have happened to me is possibly due to "my looks":
- chased
- followed
-stalked
-harassed A LOT
- drugged 2x, almost gang rapped by an aquaintenance who drugged me with a tranquilizer told me it was a Tagament (sp?, for my upset stomach)
- flashed a few times (penis exposed)
- man jerking off to me 3x I caught 3 different men in public places
- fondled many times in public without approval, one example 3 men walked up to me in daylight on a busy intersection downtown and grabbed all my private parts
- have had many, many women yell at me, scream at me, etc one example went to gas station to get gas (it was about to flood and didnt want to get stuck), I paid the lady inside, when I walked outside the gentleman behind me told me that the cashier said that he wasn't going to turn my pump on and let me wait in the rain. I have many stories like that
- woman slapped me because she knocked over my drink and I asked her to buy me a new one (in a night club)
-list goes on and on

Good things:
- free concert tickets
-free drinks
-free food
- free help
-I guess people are nicer (so people tell me)
- never had a problem getting men
-offered trips, cars, jewelry, etc (didnt take any, not my thing)
-popular
Hmmmmmm...........

So now I just pretty much stay home a lot. I don't want any problems from anyone.

So I think just being average in the looks department should be most envied. Someone who is also the far extreme "very ugly" also has an uproar to deal with as someone on the other extreme " very beautiful". The bell curve.

I can't imagine very beautiful women being accepted as just a person. A lot of extremely beautiful women say men don't want to marry them and if they do it is only until their beauty fades or men don't want to marry them because they don't want to be worried about their beautiful wife (men picking up on them a lot, etc). It's like beautiful women are a curse. Most women say they want to be beautiful but do you honestly want people to mainly or initially just like/love you for what you look like??? And it doesn't last long.

Also it seems that a lot of "beautiful" women either attract low life's or arrogant jerks. It seems that the "nice guys" are afraid of them. Believe me a lot of beautiful women just want a normal nice guy to hit on them. So all you shy, nice men just flirt a little or a lot with the so called beautiful women, you never know what could happen.

Last edited by mading6; 02-24-2013 at 06:40 PM..

Old 02-25-2013, 05:59 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Pretty girls can get away with murder. The only thing is many other women hate them for how they look because of jealousy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty