Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:19 PM

320 posts, read 1,069,980 times

Advertisements

I've recently been using the L'Oreal Collagin Moisture Filler day solution. Only for about 3 weeks, so no long term review yet, BUT......the older I get over 40, the more prone to deep cystic acne my facial skin becomes. I break out to almost every product that I try. However, my skin has been tolerating this one pretty well. Now, I just need to see if it makes a difference over time or not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 07:28 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,223,011 times
My aunt uses the Avon anti wrinkle corrector and she looks much younger.

I am 33 an no wrinkles yet, most people say I look 22, but I told her I may get it when I start to wrinkle.

You are as young as you feel!

Old 09-18-2009, 04:32 PM

434 posts, read 933,623 times
Anybody know Photo-facial?

A friend of mine tried and her facial skin looks as young and natural as teens.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:50 AM

96 posts, read 380,692 times
I'd recommend Avon, especially their Anew line. Don't cost quite as much as department store brands. Plus, Avon has a full refund return policy!

Old 09-19-2009, 09:58 PM

615 posts, read 1,693,297 times
I have a wrinkle, below my left eye that looks like a scar. It is horizontal. I believe it is because I sleep on that side. I try to sleep on the other side but always end up switching in the night. Anyway, I am becoming increasingly self conscious about it because it looks like a scar. I can deal with the laugh lines. I am only 35, any suggestions?

Old 09-19-2009, 11:51 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,223,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestemor View Post
I'd recommend Avon, especially their Anew line. Don't cost quite as much as department store brands. Plus, Avon has a full refund return policy!
Thats what she uses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
My aunt uses the Avon anti wrinkle corrector and she looks much younger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DressageGirl View Post
I have a wrinkle, below my left eye that looks like a scar. It is horizontal. I believe it is because I sleep on that side. I try to sleep on the other side but always end up switching in the night. Anyway, I am becoming increasingly self conscious about it because it looks like a scar. I can deal with the laugh lines. I am only 35, any suggestions?
The Avon Anew anti-wrinkle creams! My aunt likes it.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:32 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,787 times
Obaji has a line of skin care I tried . . . . the one thing that worked for me, is the eye cream, from the Obaji line called Elastiderm.

My dermatologist uses this as well and loves it. I don't have many wrinkles yet, but the few I have, and the eyelids that are loosening up, well, this stuff just seems to reverse things . . . now I didn't care for any of the other Obaji stuff, it's expensive, and didn't see any great improvement in my skin . . . except for the eyecream . . I swear by that stuff.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,848 times
An ideal anti-aging compound should be proportionately loaded with antioxidants, water-binding agents, and anti-irritants.
Here I am talking of an amazing product containing D3PA( the universal antioxidant which fights free-radicals known to wrinkles) , Deanol - the muscle Toning and firmness activator - and Ubiquinone, the Super Anti-Oxidant. This one is definitely a valuable breakthrough in anti-aging science. Please check the product at [url=http://sn.im/1s17ro]Snipr | Snipurl - Enter private key to continue..[/url] and read what media talks about it.
source: [url=http://anti-aging-skin-treatment-overview.blogspot.com]Anti-Aging Skin Treatment Overview[/url]

Old 02-16-2011, 04:02 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,201 times
The only antiaging products with published scientific research:
Retin-a
Copper Peptides
Sunscreen, esp. zinc based & sunlight avoidance
Low glycemic/anti glycation diet
TCA peels
Rejuvenating oils like emu

All other products are fancy cosmetics harmed by the Cosmetics Cartel!!

Old 02-17-2011, 10:55 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
In my own personal noticings, those who dont smoke seem to have healthier looking skin without having to use a ton of cremes and facial stuff. Im guessing the smoke might dry out your skin more than weather itself? Also, people who live in high humidity areas seemt o always have healthier looking skin, because youre surrounded by a natural moisturizer 24/7. Drinking lots of water jhelps too, not only skin but muscles and bones.
Otherwise, I simply but a jar of vitamin E or just plain jane Ponds face cream, and it works just fine for me.
Just my 2c.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty