Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:31 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times

Advertisements

First, do we have to make this thread about xxbabee's breasts. I think there might be another thread about that topic if you look hard enough.

Second, this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
Yes. It is objectively ridiculous. Breasts are no more innately private or shameful than elbows.
Third,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
There are various reasons and problems people don't walk around naked in public. For one if they are breast feeding and start leaking that can carry diseases.
If this were really the reason shouldn't we be required to cover our mouths and noses as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 10:35 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
First, do we have to make this thread about xxbabee's breasts. I think there might be another thread about that topic if you look hard enough.
Hey, it's not my fault that my breasts are brought into random discussions willy nilly.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:36 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Well, you really didn't answer my question about your sister.

You may be right about my life experience, or you may be wrong. I have life experience, and plenty of it. I have lived to raise two children and to watch my parents die.

I have enough life experience. While it is true that I never went out and did the party thing until much later in life, I have actually found that I was not missing much.

I suppose it is just not my way. After leaving my ex husband I went out and did this and that. I had my first drink at 37. Makes no matter. I have raised a family, I have gone out, I have been to college, I have worked, I have made friends along the way, I have been a Sunday school teacher, I have traveled, I have done plenty.

What I have done is come full circle. Those little things like going out and drinking and things like that just are not important to me. I did that for a couple of years off and on and it was just not for me. I am back in a place where I am settled in a relationship.

We are just different types of people.

Because someone marries and has children at a young age does not narrow life experience. Not in the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Well, Pikantari, with all due respect, I think getting married and having kids so early narrowed your life experience.

I like to dress flashy when I'm going out and I do go out quite frequently...but I don't only own low-cut tops. It may come as a surprise to you, but I have sweats, jeans, turtlenecks, etc. in my wardrobe and I do wear them.

Now, of course you see only the pictures of me going out in my albums and on my facebook. Because I'm not having pictures snapped while in a hoodie. Most women don't.

So I get the opportunity to see how people react to me, in a myriad of situations wearing a myriad of things.

I think you attribute magical qualities to clothing...but the truth is, unless what you wear is consistently contextually inappropriate, most normal people with diverse experiences aren't going to think any less of you if they can see cleavage in your tank top.

There are women who have learned to present themselves with their sexuality facing forward in the most modest of clothing, and have shallow and unfulfilling relationships. There are many happily married women who dress in ways that you apparently could never fathom.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:37 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Hey, it's not my fault that my breasts are brought into random discussions willy nilly.
lolol

Old 10-23-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Well, you really didn't answer my question about your sister.

My sister had a lot of phases in her style of dress (she went through a goth phase and everything), but she always tended to look more modest. I use the word with some hesitation because she dressed for years in ways that were a lot more bizarre and "LOOK AT ME!" than the way I dressed, but I always liked cleavage and a "dressed up" sort of appearance with slacks and shoes, not sneakers.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:58 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Having worked in healthcare for some 25 years I'll take breasts over nasty man parts hanging out all over. I still think a woman breast feeding a baby is beautiful. I'm not offended in the least by a woman doing it in public.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:14 AM

My sister also proudly breastfeeds in public.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:20 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,420,620 times
I can't comment. My parents were very rigid about nudity. I even shower in the dark.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:57 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
You are both atheists? Why do you even bring up the fact that you were raised in such a Christian home? You saying that you are an atheist, to me, makes it void.

It means nothing.

? Makes what void?

Do you think being "raised christian" is somehow better than being raised atheist, for example?

Old 10-23-2012, 02:02 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
The other day I accidentally saw my cousin in laws boob when she was breast feeding....it was not uncomfortable for me...or her, I really do not see what the big deal is...there is absolutely NOTHING sexual about a woman breast feeding at least to me anyway

Anyway in general, I find Americans to be a bit old fashioned and puritanical when it comes to their bodies/nudity etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty