Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 05:15 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,589 times

Advertisements

It'll grow back. At worst, you spend a few months with everyone thinking you have cancer or are a G.I. Jane wannabe. Hardly worthy of a million dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 05:33 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snooper View Post
I saw an interesting ad in Craigslist a few weeks ago where someone was looking for very attractive women who wanted to make money by having their heads shaved completely bald. (No pixies, completely shaved bald). The impression was it was a fetish thing or maybe they were making videos for men who loved bald women. The Internet is full of people who loved shaved heads on ladies!

Would you do it for $1000, $5000 or $10,000?

Lets say you could not wear a wig and would have to put up with the grief friends, neighbors and coworkers would give you and the stares you would get as you walked the street and the impact on your career as your boss would think less of you and it would end up in your performance appraisal in some cases.

Still interested?

I'm interested. Could you DM me the information? Thank you in advance.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:59 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
I'd do it, but I'd have to be able to wear hats outside. Otherwise, I work from home, I see my boss once or twice a year, and my hair would grow back pretty quickly anyway. The neighbors would stare but big deal.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:12 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
I'd do it and in any given August in S. Texas I might pay to do it. I already have short hair and sometimes it's still too hot in the summer.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:14 PM

201 posts, read 490,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
I'm interested. Could you DM me the information? Thank you in advance.
Sorry it is not me who wants people who will shave their heads for money but someone on Craigslist. I just thought it would be an interesting question and I always wondered if most people would do pretty much anything for money just as long as it was legal.

On YOUTUBE there are some videos of people who are offered money on the street to shave their heads, but the amount is small, maybe $500. Now move that amount up to $1000 or more and most people would say yes, wouldn't they?

Old 11-05-2012, 01:18 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,430,343 times
I lost my hair to chemo - I'd shave it again. Most people look pretty good as it grows it. I was really surprised by how feminine I looked with a little styling to my crew cut.

If someone wants to pay me $5000, I'd do it again. That would get me out of a lot of my cancer debt.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 PM

3,984 posts, read 5,013,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I lost my hair to chemo - I'd shave it again. Most people look pretty good as it grows it. I was really surprised by how feminine I looked with a little styling to my crew cut.

If someone wants to pay me $5000, I'd do it again. That would get me out of a lot of my cancer debt.
I've shaved my head...I did not look good bald but being as it was falling out, that's what I did. When you're sick, you just have a different attitude about losing your hair...it can be wrapped up in several issues. I've also let my hair grow long and have donated it twice to Locks of Love.

That being said, I'm pretty sure I'd be ok with being bald but wouldn't do it for a freak! And because I don't think any sane rich person would give me a bunch of cash for shaving my head, I don't think I even need to consider it.

But I totally agree with August in Texas being too hot for hair...I've considered it for free!

Old 11-05-2012, 02:20 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,852,303 times
Are you offering? I'd do it for 5k. Its not such a big deal to me.

And WHERE do you live that someone's performance appraisal is dependent on their hair? Obviously not anywhere that there are a large population of stylish and fearless African American women. One of the exec assists where I work (for one of the biggest of the big cheeses) has a shaved head and looks professional and gorgeous. She is one of several AA women with very short to no hair in my building. I am absolutely sure no one is sitting around pondering how odd these ladies appear without flowing manes.

Sorry, I just don't think bald or ultra short hair on a woman is shocking.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:19 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,313,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snooper View Post
I saw an interesting ad in Craigslist a few weeks ago where someone was looking for very attractive women who wanted to make money by having their heads shaved completely bald. Would you do it for $1000, $5000 or $10,000? Lets say you could not wear a wig....
Sure. I already have a pixie cut, so my hair is only about 2 inches long (or less, in some places). Obviously, going bald would not be a dramatic difference, and it would grow back out to its current length in 4 months tops. I'd rather do it for $10,000 than $1,000, though.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:04 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,136,831 times
I'd do it for $5,000 as long as I could wear a scarf at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty