Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Bar of Soap 109 44.49%
Body Wash 136 55.51%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 10:00 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,776,727 times

Advertisements

I use cheap shampoo. Used to cost me 97c, I think its between 1.25 and 1.50 these days. Suave and all its ilk.

There is nothing in body wash that will clog your drains. Either your plumber was joking or he's incompetent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 10:53 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,126,824 times
Bumping this up...because I've wondered about this.....

It's what I grew up with so maybe that's why....but I just soooo much prefer bar soap to body wash or shower gel.

As a matter of fact I was gong to post a thread asking: Are you a bar soap or body wash/shower gel person?

And since I don't really use it I'll ask -- IS there a difference between body wash and shower gel (consistency, lathering. or feel?). And why do companies use one term or the other if they're really the same thing.

The very few times I've used a body wash or shower gel they haven't really done anything for me. I thought they really don't suds up like I prefer....so I don't see the appeal -- AT ALL. But I guess a good segment of the consumer market has moved away from bar soap. But I love it. (Granted I do like high end soaps, not mainstream, run of the mill grocery store soap)

Old 09-15-2017, 11:57 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,588,269 times
Using a body wash is like using a bucket of steam. A bar of soap I can grasp and hold onto and it allows for an even distribution of the soap.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:40 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
I never feel like I can completely rinse off with the bottled soap. Tried several different brands but always felt like my skin was coated with moisturizer or some kind of slime. Back to bar soap for me. I want my skin to feel clean, not coated.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:03 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
No matter which you use (bar, liquid soap, gel, or no product at all), you NEED to use a washcloth, loofah or scrubbie. Your dead skin cells, natural body oils, and dried persperation builds up and those are what causes BO. They won't wash off with just rubbing a lather around with your hands.

Proof: my hubby used to just wash with soap on his hands. His side of the bed sheets were always dirtier by the end of a week or two. His T-shirts under his dress shirts used to smell like BO even after they were washed. I got him scrubbies and now the bed, his T-shirts, (and inside his collars on his dress shirts) are MUCH cleaner.

BTW, I use liquid soap and a wash cloth. Bar soap builds up soap scum on the shower walls and floor.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:33 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,249,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
No matter which you use (bar, liquid soap, gel, or no product at all), you NEED to use a washcloth, loofah or scrubbie. Your dead skin cells, natural body oils, and dried persperation builds up and those are what causes BO. They won't wash off with just rubbing a lather around with your hands.

Proof: my hubby used to just wash with soap on his hands. His side of the bed sheets were always dirtier by the end of a week or two. His T-shirts under his dress shirts used to smell like BO even after they were washed. I got him scrubbies and now the bed, his T-shirts, (and inside his collars on his dress shirts) are MUCH cleaner.

BTW, I use liquid soap and a wash cloth. Bar soap builds up soap scum on the shower walls and floor.
I agree.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:43 AM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
I have used body wash for years, bar soap give me red blotches. I will also use a cheap shampoo, in lieu of body wash if I have run out of the body wash. My current fave is the foaming one.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:16 AM

93 posts, read 83,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
I use cheap shampoo. Used to cost me 97c, I think its between 1.25 and 1.50 these days. Suave and all its ilk.
Same here. I've been using Suave Tropical Coconut shampoo for years, from head to toe. It's $2 for a bottle big enough to last me at least a month, and generates a ton of lather when scrunched around in a washcloth for a few seconds. Soap dries me out terribly, and body wash (at least the cheaper kinds) seems too similar to shampoo to warrant a purchase.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:54 AM

4 posts, read 7,245 times
Body Wash. I just squirt on a towel and do what I need to do. If I'm out I will use shampoo as well.

Old 03-27-2021, 05:53 AM

14 posts, read 5,742 times
I use Pre de Provence No. 63 Soap. It has a warm and spicy aroma, with many notes that make for a classic masculine vibe. It has peppery and citrusy notes, married with the clean and crisp smell of leather and musk. It also smells of cedarwood and juicy plum. Not only that, but this soap also helps to moisturize the skin and make it healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty